Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So in YJ last issue Tim was trying to reach Alfred to inform him he was finally back on Earth.Either Bendis seems to have forgotten that Alfred died or he isn't reading King's book or King Batman is actually set in a Dark Universe not main DCU

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So in YJ last issue Tim was trying to reach Alfred to inform him he was finally back on Earth.Either Bendis seems to have forgotten that Alfred died or he isn't reading King's book or King Batman is actually set in a Dark Universe not main DCU
    Neither King nor Bendis give a damn what anyone else is writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Or YJ has so far taken place before Alfred's death?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Or YJ has so far taken place before Alfred's death?
    That doesn't work. Tim recently changed his costume and identity to Drake, in Batman he still has his old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    That doesn't work. Tim recently changed his costume and identity to Drake, in Batman he still has his old one.
    That's the least of it. None of DC's comics are in continuity with one another lately. Event Leviathan, Justice League, Batman, the Superman books, Batman/Superman... Almost everything is contradictory somehow. It's especially jarring given that characters are all looking up in the sky at a "Doom sigil" while in the midst of stories that couldn't possibly happen within a month of one another.

Nothing lines up, including YJ. Maybe this is too much to hope but I still hold out hope this is somehow (I can't imagine how but somehow) by design and that when so many big issues come out on Dec. 18, some of this will somehow make sense. It seems to me that maybe Doomsday Clock is going to have a bigger impact on the DCU than we've been led to believe.

Maybe this is too much to hope but I still hold out hope this is somehow (I can't imagine how but somehow) by design and that when so many big issues come out on Dec. 18, some of this will somehow make sense. It seems to me that maybe Doomsday Clock is going to have a bigger impact on the DCU than we've been led to believe.
    It would be so nice if this were true.

Amazing Member

Deleted by author
    Last edited by BlueandGold; 12-09-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold View Post
    I doubt there will be any fighting.
    There will be on the cover. But only on the cover.

edit: Or maybe King will pull a real shocker and request a cover relevant to the manifest content of the issue. Or???!!! the cover will be tame and prosaic but inside will be an actual fight.
    Last edited by johnpeelgothisgun; 12-07-2019 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

I think Doctor Manhattan will cameo to whisk FB away leaving his fate uncertain

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    There will be on the cover. But only on the cover.

edit: Or maybe King will pull a real shocker and request a cover relevant to the manifest content of the issue. Or???!!! the cover will be tame and prosaic but inside will be an actual fight.
    The batfamily is on the cover so expect them to continue to not matter. They weren't even drawn in 84 even though they are present. Other possibility is King pulls an unearned "they are family" moment out of his ass like in 81.

The batfamily is on the cover so expect them to continue to not matter. They weren't even drawn in 84 even though they are present. Other possibility is King pulls an unearned "they are family" moment out of his ass like in 81.
    Maybe they defeat the monster dad through the power of friendship.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This whole issue could have been one page. Holy Decompression, Batman...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That's the least of it. None of DC's comics are in continuity with one another lately. Event Leviathan, Justice League, Batman, the Superman books, Batman/Superman... Almost everything is contradictory somehow. It's especially jarring given that characters are all looking up in the sky at a "Doom sigil" while in the midst of stories that couldn't possibly happen within a month of one another.

Nothing lines up, including YJ. Maybe this is too much to hope but I still hold out hope this is somehow (I can't imagine how but somehow) by design and that when so many big issues come out on Dec. 18, some of this will somehow make sense. It seems to me that maybe Doomsday Clock is going to have a bigger impact on the DCU than we've been led to believe.
    It is not like this is only a recent problem, this has been a problem at least since flashpoint.

It becomes of course the most obvious if the have several big events going on at the same time, but the coordination between books has been crappy for a long time imo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    Maybe they defeat the monster dad through the power of friendship.
    Nah, Selina is going to break out of the mind control an beat Thomas with one punch. Have you forgotten it's *her* city?

Nah, Selina is going to break out of the mind control an beat Thomas with one punch. Have you forgotten it's *her* city?
    To be fair, I do think Gotham is as much Selina's city as it is Bruce's, if using a continuity where she was born there. I don't like the idea she's wrong to claim it and it's okay for Bruce to- not when he's never lived in the city long-term (and I'm not sure at all in current continuity), but instead hangs it hat in the suburbs. I have a lot of problems with King's Selina, but that's not one of them.