Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I actually really enjoyed the button and Thomas Wayne in that story. The differences between Thomas there and every other appearance in King's run afterwards makes me wonder how much of it was written by Williamson or Geoff Johns, who was apparently also involved in writing that story.
    I'd give the credit to Williamson and Johns for that reason.

Amazing Member

Again King punks Batman. King is just a very bad writer

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Again King punks Batman. King is just a very bad writer
    I think King missed the point where he starts to build Batman back up again. Or maybe he just hates him.

I think King missed the point where he starts to build Batman back up again. Or maybe he just hates him.
    Well Batman wasn't actually broken . He was faking it to figure everything out and giving Bane and Thomas time to make the game more worthwhile I guess. batman revealed he wasn't broken and has been fine and onto the baddies since the tim punching issue. Then he waited for the baddies to really up the stakes by taking Gotham and kidnap a family member just as he knew they would so he could lunch is plan which was to take Gotham with the exact same people who were right there with him when he punched Tim.

why didn't he just carry out his plan then that same night you might ask. Well selina wasn't there you see. Can't hero without his cat.

Unless you mean Thomas beating his a**e, breaking his bones and leaving him for Dead. Selina rescued him. Built him back, taught him how to throw a Batarang really hard, sexy times and then gave him a plan for taking back Gotham which was pointless since he already had plans, didn't intend to change his plan but he humoured her like a good hubby.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-05-2019 at 10:27 AM.

This issue was the best we've had in a while. Liked the dive into Thomas and the expansion of his reasons for doing what he's doing.
    Didn't like Thomas and Selina's relationship on his world. Is she just drawn to Bats/ Bat themed people or something? Strange her moving in with Thomas. i get she said she was alone and no one cares but that didn't feel like something Catwoman would do .

Catwoman is usually a free character I don't see her moving in with him no matter how much he said she was like a daughter.

Thomas is wealthy and has a spare room so maybe that's why she decided to move in.

Maybe Selina stayed with Thomas to get a ear on his plans for Bruce?

I can't stand this whole "Dad from another earth," but I would guess we'll be stuck with him after this story since his earth is gone, or at least I think it is. I couldn't tell from this issue if it was gone or we were only led to believe it was gone.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well Batman wasn't actually broken . He was faking it to figure everything out and giving Bane and Thomas time to make the game more worthwhile I guess. batman revealed he wasn't broken and has been fine and onto the baddies since the tim punching issue. Then he waited for the baddies to really up the stakes by taking Gotham and kidnap a family member just as he knew they would so he could lunch is plan which was to take Gotham with the exact same people who were right there with him when he punched Tim.

why didn't he just carry out his plan then that same night you might ask. Well selina wasn't there you see. Can't hero without his cat.

Unless you mean Thomas beating his a**e, breaking his bones and leaving him for Dead. Selina rescued him. Built him back, taught him how to throw a Batarang really hard, sexy times and then gave him a plan for taking back Gotham which was pointless since he already had plans, didn't intend to change his plan but he humoured her like a good hubby.
    Let me rephrase that: He missed the point to show Bruce as the epic hero Batman is supposed to be. Selina "rebuilding" Bruce read like cringy fanfiction, his "masterplan" was told in boring textboxes, the fight against Bane was a letdown and this issue had him say "for Alfred" and then he went down after one punch delivered by an old man. I'm not a fan of batgod, but that doesn't mean I enjoy Bruce as a total wimp.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

I can't stand this whole "Dad from another earth," but I would guess we'll be stuck with him after this story since his earth is gone, or at least I think it is. I couldn't tell from this issue if it was gone or we were only led to believe it was gone.
    Or King goes full edgelord who has to leave his mark no matter what and has Bruce kill him.

Timeline, I though. Since he was from Flashpoint.

Let me rephrase that: He missed the point to show Bruce as the epic hero Batman is supposed to be. Selina "rebuilding" Bruce read like cringy fanfiction, his "masterplan" was told in boring textboxes, the fight against Bane was a letdown and this issue had him say "for Alfred" and then he went down after one punch delivered by an old man. I'm not a fan of batgod, but that doesn't mean I enjoy Bruce as a total wimp.
    This whole run reads like cringy badly written fan fiction featuring incompetent OC hero Batman.

This selina doesn't know Bruce though unless they were childhood friends which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This selina doesn't know Bruce though unless they were childhood friends which I doubt.
    Oh, that's possible, I didn't pick up it was Flashpoint Selina when I was reading it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

King's run is, in all seriousness, like an extremely LOOOOOOOOOONG student film--the voiceover poetry recitals, the self-insistent moodiness, the Oedipal themes, the irreverence toward the heritage, the tampering with sequence, and the deathly pacing as it's all supposedly being braided together with godlike dexterity by the Auteur...

Over soon, but not soon enough.

A few more earliers and Thomas would have witnessed the creation of the universe.
    I was waiting for an earlier with Thomas as a baby like baby Yoda.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

One friend told me about this issue.

Only the confirmation that this is Eobard Thawne fault and Thomas wayne past(the part that we all were expecting)

My friend told me that there is NO FIGHT here that Thomas apparently used the Pshyco Pirate against Bruce.. He is right? He said that he was a little confused but the last scene made him think in that.