Default Who had the bigger impact on pop Culture?

So I was thinking of two giants in the field of pop culture and was wondering who had the biggest impact over all. Walt Disney or Stan Lee? Each man created a vast world that continues today.

Disney has Micky Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, and dozens of other creations. Stan Lee Has Spiderman, Ironman, Xmen and the list goes on.

So who would you put in the top spot?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

No Jack Kirby /Steve Ditko created vast worlds Stan Lee was just there to take the credit. But at the end of the day it's Disney who owns all those things-So Disney.

Stan Lee helped create a really cool Comic Book universe. Disney helped create an art form.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Winnie the Pooh, and dozens of other creations.
    Disney did not create Winnie the Pooh. That was A.A. Milne.

Disney as a company, and Walt specifically, did not create a lot of the things they are famous for. Most of their famous animated films are not original stories.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'd argue the Beatles dwarf them all in terms of influence.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

It doesn't matter. Both great.

Disney, which now owns Stan Lee's creations and a whole bunch of other properties.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-21-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    No Jack Kirby /Steve Ditko created vast worlds Stan Lee was just there to take the credit. But at the end of the day it's Disney who owns all those things-So Disney.
    Although it's accepted that Stan liked to take more credit than he probably should have been entitled to, his salesmanship and downright schlepping of Marvel made that pie a whole lot bigger for Kirby and Ditko despite their receiving relatively smaller pieces of it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Stan Lee helped create a really cool Comic Book universe. Disney helped create an art form.
    Given the OP question, I side with Kirby101.

Disney and I don't think its even close. Comics were a very niche thing until the 2000's while Disney has been everywhere for 70+ years. Plus Disney bought out Marvel not the other way around which I think tells you who has the bigger imprint.

Comparing Walt to Stan is like comparing
    Water to Mud

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Stan and Jack's creations are only just recently becoming huge. Disney stuff has been huge since my parents were in diapers.

And as much as Stan and Jack did, I still think GA DC creators are above them in terms of impact.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Stan and Jack's creations are only just recently becoming huge. Disney stuff has been huge since my parents were in diapers.
    Yeah, by the time my parents were born in 1942, Disney already had made a significant mark on pop culture. Stan made his claim a few decades later, but it really wasn't until this century when Marvel began to really compete with Disney as an entertainment force.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

1. Stan Lee and Walt Disney were both credit hogs/stealers. They created a mythos around themselves at the expense of crediting many, many other visionary people.

2. Disney is the winner in terns of impact on pop culture. For most of its existence, sure, people were aware of the some Marvel super heroes and what not. But Disney has been a juggernaut since Steam Boat Willie debuted. They've dominated TV, film, animation, sports, recreation and damn near everything in between for damn near 100 years. Marvel has only become a juggernaut in the last decade. And even then it's still a Disney entity.