Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How is MadBum the hottest? Wasn't it Cole? Cole sure seemed to be the one everyone was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I love baseball. It is a fun game to watch. But it amazes me how much these people get paid to play a child's game.
    "I love baseball" they say. Immediately makes dismissive statement about baseball. Get outta here!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    How is MadBum the hottest? Wasn't it Cole? Cole sure seemed to be the one everyone was talking about.
    I misspoke. I meant to say hottest now that Cole is off the market.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fair enough. I will be curious to see what he gets now. It'll be nowhere near Cole, I figure. But that Cole contract is stupid.

The yearly amount for Cole isn't out of the norm. It's the 9 years. But I think Cashman has some calculation in mind for that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Right. You absolutely pay him good money after last year. But a decade? Do you really expect that kind of production out of him for the next nine years? No. Nobody does.

And that's why it's stupid.

Right. You absolutely pay him good money after last year. But a decade? Do you really expect that kind of production out of him for the next nine years? No. Nobody does.

And that's why it's stupid.
    There's an opt out after 5 years, not sure if it's 2 way or just on Cole's part, but I am sure the contract is likely front loaded over those five years.

Now hopefully when the Yankees force Cole to shave and get a haircut it has a Samson effect on him.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Isn't Aaron Judge due for a new contract soon? He's certainly not going to come cheap, and the Yankees are still on the hook for Giancarlo Stanton's bloated deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Now hopefully when the Yankees force Cole to shave and get a haircut it has a Samson effect on him.

-M
    To be honest, I'm surprised the player's union never raised a fuss (as far as I know) over the Yanks and their antiquated no facial hair policy. I mean, what if Cole were to tell the Yanks, "Sorry, I'm keeping the beard", what would they do, rescind the contract? Shave ten or fifteen million off the deal? I'm amazed players who went to the Bronx didn't challenge that policy.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-11-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Judge's last arbitration year is 2022, which means the Yankees either give him a real contract via extension by then or he hits the market, and I don't imagine he makes anything less than Bryce Harper did.

Don't see Bumgarner taking anything less than 5 years and a 100 million after Wheeler's deal, also think Rendon is now the top free agent on the market now

Assuming Scott Boras makes his usual 5% on all these deals he's having a real nice offseason as well as he's already over 30 million himself, and he still has Rendon, Ryu, Castellanos, and Keuchel to go
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-11-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Isn't Aaron Judge due for a new contract soon? He's certainly not going to come cheap, and the Yankees are still on the hook for Giancarlo Stanton's bloated deal.

To be honest, I'm surprised the player's union never raised a fuss (as far as I know) over the Yanks and their antiquated no facial hair policy.
    I think Judge has 2 years of arbitration left after the 2020 season before he becomes a free agent.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Re: The Yankees facial hair policy, everyone knows it exists beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    There's an opt out after 5 years, not sure if it's 2 way or just on Cole's part, but I am sure the contract is likely front loaded over those five years.

-M
    It's absolutely front loaded. They all are.

"I love baseball" they say. Immediately makes dismissive statement about baseball. Get outta here!
    I make a dismissive statement when I see players making Hundreds of Millions of dollars.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

yeah how dare the central people who are in the top 1 % of what they do in an industry that pulls in billions of dollars annually make salaries that represent that, it should clearly go to the billionaires that own them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One thing about MLB I always laugh over is the insane money the Yankees throw at guys each year. They wanna win so bad that they will literally not care how much they spend. I gotta give en props for this wild spending.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    yeah how dare the central people who are in the top 1 % of what they do in an industry that pulls in billions of dollars annually make salaries that represent that, it should clearly go to the billionaires that own them.
    I dont mind players making money. I think a fair pay for play is a good thing. But 324 Million. Thats kind of crazy in my book.

These players who make millions per season are the saem ones who charge 30 bucks for an autograph and that bothers me.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-11-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I dont mind players making money. I think a fair pay for play is a good thing. But 345 Million. Thats kind of crazy in my book.
    They paid A-Rod over $250+ million at one glance. This is the richest team in MLB for a reason. Its almost insane to think that back that the Yankees were bought for $8.7 million from CBS back in 1973. At last check value wise in 2015 the organization is now worth $3.2+ billion.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.