Forewarning, there are various Ben Reilly-related spoilers discussed in this thread.

I pose this question based on the fact that a Ben Reilly return has been anticipated and desired by fans for the past decade, and Marvel has acknowledged this by subtly trolling fans such as with the burning spider-hoodie for Spider-Island (which did not feature Ben), and other subtle easter eggs. His actual return was a mixed-bag for most; fans of Ben did not like his characterization this time around and stubborn readers from the Clone Saga days (not sure I would label them Reilly fans when they bash him constantly), insisted that the "real" Ben was and still is dead and that the 'new Ben' is just an imposter. Spider fans who remember Ben and Clone Saga, but were not favorable towards the clone reveal of the 90's, only cemented the fact that Ben was a poor attempt at Peter 2.0.

The powers that be at Marvel must have listened to or at least realized that Mr. Reilly did indeed have fans among the Marvel readership and gave him his own on-going series (his second to date iirc), which would be the basis for his redemption, however it would not touch on anything from the Clone Saga or issues relating to his death during said event, which some fans found disappointing (myself included).

Lastly, Reilly's story came to a quick and unceremonious end. His series was cancelled as a cost-cutting measure, presumably due to low sales and he was placed on the back burner until his reappearance in Spidergeddon in 2018. Marvel killed off Ben again in a truly heroic sacrifice, only to have him resurrect again only supposedly this time with all of his original faculties and persona intact as stated by Dr. Octopus himself (likely as an inarguable way of circumventing the whole "original Ben is dead, this is [X]!" by Ben critics). So with Ben finally being restored to his original self, and having remained alive through 2 (?) Spider & Symbiote-related events so far, has Marvel editorial finally learned their lesson regarding Ben Reilly? Personally I would rather Ben be on hiatus until a more definitive story can be crafted and of course written by someone who is familiar with the character. Marvel could have easily killed him off for good either during Scarlet Spider or Spidergeddon, but they seemed to have been listening to both the fans and the critics when they changed up the character as well as going out of their way to reinstate the "original Ben" via a plot device and acknowledging it in-universe, why bother going through all the trouble if they were just going to kill him off again?

Personally I think Marvel has found Ben to be a somewhat valuable if not creatively useful character, if placed in the right hands. They may have not completely learned their lesson and depending on who you ask, the idea that Marvel's editorial needed to learn a lesson is subjective altogether and could have simply just changed their approach on Ben Reilly. I think Marvel will use him again down the road, they just haven't found his niche yet and sadly it seems that his niche has been left back when he was more prominent, in the 1990's and he will probably be in back-burner limbo indefinitely, which is better than being killed off right?