Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Miles Morales? Yeah, that could have definitely worked. I'll also admit Clone Conspiracy had potential, at least in terms of a Ben who, armed with Peter's foundational memories, emotions, and drives, would approach the "great power, great responsibility" ethos passed on by Uncle Ben in a more extreme and morally dubious fashion than Peter himself would, but that all got wasted the moment Ben lost his s*** over Peter invoking Uncle Ben in refusing to join him and Otto turning against him and attempted to kill and "reanimate" the whole human race. In that sense, Clone Conspiracy disappointed me greatly.
    if CC had gone for character over plot, it could've been fascinating.
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    My sentiments exactly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hasn't plot over character been one of Slott's trademarks?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    sure, and sometimes that worked really well. but for a resurrection/reunion, i'd go for heart and psychological story telling over action.
    troo fan or death

sure, and sometimes that worked really well. but for a resurrection/reunion, i'd go for heart and psychological story telling over action.
    From my (biased, limited) experience, the latter usually has more lasting impact then the former. The original Star Wars movie was a bit light on plot, but there's a reason it's lasted so long and touched a chord with generations while the more "grown up" stuff from that era is not so well remembered.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

From my (biased, limited) experience, the latter usually has more lasting impact then the former. The original Star Wars movie was a bit light on plot, but there's a reason it's lasted so long and touched a chord with generations while the more "grown up" stuff from that era is not so well remembered.
    mileage varies. i can read a book full of nothing but conversations and love it but love plot driven stuff like kindred (the novel not evil gwen) too. i don’t think we can say what has a greater impact culturally? plenty of action films are in the heritage archives for their importance
    Last edited by boots; 02-01-2020 at 12:57 AM.
    troo fan or death

mileage varies. i can read a book full of nothing but conversations and love it but love plot driven stuff like kindred (the novel not evil gwen) too. i don’t think we can say what has a greater impact culturally? plenty of action films are in the heritage archives for their importance
    It all depends.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Also, side-note, Spider-Island would have been the perfect way to have introduced a 616 version of Miles. Or at least say that’s how Miles got his powers.
    I actually thought that was going to be the plan while the story was being written, but I guess Bendis leaving that sequel hook at the end of Spider-Men nipped any "proper" 616!Miles from happening until he finally decided to follow up on it.

On topic for Ben, I feel like his messy situation was the consequence of Dan Slott "writing in the moment." Like I'm sure Slott would say he did have his own long-term plan for Ben, but he ended up not staying on the book for another year so whatever idea he had wasn't going to come to fruition. And for good or bad depending on your view, Nick Spencer is doing his own thing entirely now that he has the reins.

Triggering my Queenpin of Crime PTSD there :P
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I actually thought that was going to be the plan while the story was being written, but I guess Bendis leaving that sequel hook at the end of Spider-Men nipped any "proper" 616!Miles from happening until he finally decided to follow up on it.

On topic for Ben, I feel like his messy situation was the consequence of Dan Slott "writing in the moment." Like I'm sure Slott would say he did have his own long-term plan for Ben, but he ended up not staying on the book for another year so whatever idea he had wasn't going to come to fruition. And for good or bad depending on your view, Nick Spencer is doing his own thing entirely now that he has the reins.

Triggering my Queenpin of Crime PTSD there :P
    Mine, too, and yeah, while I'd be looking forward to seeing Nick Spencer handle Ben, I'm not holding my breath right now.

Has Marvel learned their lesson regarding Ben Reilly?
    No, because he's still alive

♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

YiKeZ tEh EliTiSm!
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You raise some good points. I would like to see Ben used again, or at least acknowledged, and hopefully done better than he was in the last couple of years. At the same time, though, I'd prefer him to stay in comic book limbo until a writer with good ideas for how to utilize his character moving forward comes on. Maybe they can entice J.M. DeMatteis or Christopher Yost to come back for that.
    J.M. DeMatteis has said he would love to return to Ben Reilly given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    J.M. DeMatteis has said he would love to return to Ben Reilly given the opportunity.
    Sounds great. Now we just have to wait for Marvel to give him that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    YiKeZ tEh EliTiSm!
    Don't troll, we all know Spidercide is the true Parker clone

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    <3 u
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«