Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Has Eternity interceded as much as Death has lately? It seems to me there should be a notion of cosmic balance.
    Maybe they are all just trying to take advantage of the instability in this new iteration of reality to redefine/expand their influence. It's funny if Galactus consuming the mystic verse would turn out to be a deliberate attempt by Galactus to increase his stores of power by allowing all the events to transpire as they did.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm curious as well. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Death gave me the impression that it's not something that she plans, but rather something that Doom will plan and execute. She's just going to be a beneficiary of it all. Apparently, she's willing to break with the natural laws in order to permit Doom to live … at least until that unknown event occurs. If it happens in Doom's series, I may yet find a reason to renew my subscription. As of now I've canceled it.
    Ah well, c'est la vie. Naturally I plan to stay with it because IMO Cantwell is doing so many unexpected things with Doom, unlike Slott in his Fantastic Four appearance. He did Galactus no favors in that either.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ah well, c'est la vie. Naturally I plan to stay with it because IMO Cantwell is doing so many unexpected things with Doom, unlike Slott in his Fantastic Four appearance. He did Galactus no favors in that either.
    Don't get me wrong, Doom is a great title. Love both the art and the writing. But I'm only really here for Blue Marvel. Once his participation draws to an end I'll be moving on to explore one of the more cosmic books.

Is this the same Death that Thanos is always in love with? And this Hell is not the same Hell that the Son Of Satan came from is it? That was another Biblical Satan wasn’t it, not Mephisto? So if Doom is now Death’s “greatest servant of all”, there must have been other servants of Death before this? What do servants of Death do anyway?
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-10-2019 at 09:51 PM.

They should just let Cantwell have a blank check with this title as far as I'm concerned. Well, not financially but he shows a good grasps of the MU and its characters and they should just turn him loose. I can't say how much I liked that someone is finally doing something with the Valeria situation. IMO she should be freed from Hell too.
    I was a bit confused by Valeria’s dialogue here. I would have thought she would have despised Doom for sending her to Hell, instead, she suggests loving him.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Another fine issue, although the sudden reincarnation of Doom after hell was a little too jarring. I had to go back and read it again, feeling like I missed a panel or two. Like there wasn't any hint of a pact between him and Death. Just her saying that "He will become my greatest servant of all." Which is not something he would agree to ... Doom serves no man or god. Then he wakes up. I was actually wondering if it had all been a dream or some enchantment that Morgana had created.

So Doom is going to either be the cause of the collapse of civilization, or be the savior.

One thing for sure, I'm anxious to see Doom take charge of his future again.
    My thoughts are Death didn’t give Victor a choice, and, this side plot of Doom being a saviour of mankind? It doesn’t have traction. A harbinger of death says Victor is doing nothing but killing people. (Unless she has a side agenda among the living of some sort. Maybe Death needs a holiday and needs Victor to book a hotel?)

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I was a bit confused by Valeria’s dialogue here. I would have thought she would have despised Doom for sending her to Hell, instead, she suggests loving him.
    there's always the possibility of her being a construct of Mephisto, who is Marvel's Satan AKA the Great Deceiver. She did say a few strange things, like "we are both devils"

Don't get me wrong, Doom is a great title. Love both the art and the writing. But I'm only really here for Blue Marvel. Once his participation draws to an end I'll be moving on to explore one of the more cosmic books.
    It looks like Blue Marvel will be in a couple more issues at least. I think he might last at least through this arc where Doom is on the World's Most Wanted List

Wow, I'm very late to talk about this issue but I still had to participate and say that I liked it, still they were a few details who bothered me.

But first of all I have to say that

1) I totally loved that kick ass new armor, looked so awesome and I want that he shows it more.
    2) I went crazy with the apparition of Valeria, like damn was about time, Victor Von Doom has an interesting secondary cast and I'm loving how this serie is making references of all of them, first Boris and his family and now Valeria.

But then comes the low points.

a)I think that Victor still excuses himself about the selling of Valeria soul to hell instead of taking responsibility of that act of cruelty, he said something in the lines that "was necessary to get more power" and I was hoping he were showing more grown up than that. But Still I don't lose hope of seeing some day a tale about Doom rescuing his old love.

b) I think that Doom just punching Mephisto in his own realm and getting into a fist fight, was too much, Mephisto is supposed to be all powerful there and Doom has been only able to stand his ground against him with a lot of help and preparation, I would liked that they preserved the status of big bad (literally) to Mephisto, and entity who can't just be punched also adding to the wimp factor he cowers in fear besides Death, was a bit disappointing.

there's always the possibility of her being a construct of Mephisto, who is Marvel's Satan AKA the Great Deceiver. She did say a few strange things, like "we are both devils"
    I like that possibility, actually could be more in character with what we have seen of Valeria, she isn't a seductress or a manipulator, and certainly not a bad person who deserves to be in hell or want other people to get there, all the dialogues around those terms were a bit odd.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It looks like Blue Marvel will be in a couple more issues at least. I think he might last at least through this arc where Doom is on the World's Most Wanted List
    Yep, I think Blue Marvel wraps up in issue 4 or 5. We'll probably have one more appearance of him being outmatched by Doom (just to nail the point that Reed was wrong about his assessment of Adam Brashear) and then it will be back to z-list limbo for the Blue Marvel. I had hoped that Morgan Le Fay and Blue Marvel would have journeyed to Hell to somehow aid with Doom's extrication from Mephisto's clutches, but the writer decided to go the quick, lickety-split route and resolve the trip to hell in a matter of panels. I've seen Vegas weddings that lasted longer.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-13-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Wow, I'm very late to talk about this issue but I still had to participate and say that I liked it, still they were a few details who bothered me.

But first of all I have to say that

1) I totally loved that kick ass new armor, looked so awesome and I want that he shows it more.
    2) I went crazy with the apparition of Valeria, like damn was about time, Victor Von Doom has an interesting secondary cast and I'm loving how this serie is making references of all of them, first Boris and his family and now Valeria.

But then comes the low points.

a)I think that Victor still excuses himself about the selling of Valeria soul to hell instead of taking responsibility of that act of cruelty, he said something in the lines that "was necessary to get more power" and I was hoping he were showing more grown up than that. But Still I don't lose hope of seeing some day a tale about Doom rescuing his old love.

b) I think that Doom just punching Mephisto in his own realm and getting into a fist fight, was too much, Mephisto is supposed to be all powerful there and Doom has been only able to stand his ground against him with a lot of help and preparation, I would liked that they preserved the status of big bad (literally) to Mephisto, and entity who can't just be punched also adding to the wimp factor he cowers in fear besides Death, was a bit disappointing.

I like that possibility, actually could be more in character with what we have seen of Valeria, she isn't a seductress or a manipulator, and certainly not a bad person who deserves to be in hell or want other people to get there, all the dialogues around those terms were a bit odd.
    I was disappointed that Doom offered up a flimsy excuse for trading off Valeria for whatever power he got from the Haazareth demons. My main gripes about Waid's Unthinkable are that A. Considering he knows what happened to his mother when she bargained with Mephisto. There's always a catch when you deal with Mephisto and his type B. All the effort it took to free his Mother's soul from Mephisto. So IMO it was a dumb idea for him to go it alone when he needed Doctor Strange's help before and even then it took a lot too beat Mephisto. But it was in character for him to try and deny it because he was outplayed by Mephisto and his demon flunkies. Essentially he gave her up over nothing since Reed tricked him into breaking his end of the bargain with the demons.

If Cantwell does go back to the idea of freeing Valeria from Mephisto I think it would be fitting that Doom would have a big price to pay for that. Even if they were no longer lovers, Valeria is like family since she is Boris's granddaughter. Maybe Waid forgot to factor that in.

Yep, I think Blue Marvel wraps up in issue 4 or 5. We'll probably have one more appearance of him being outmatched by Doom (just to nail the point that Reed was wrong about his assessment of Adam Brashear) and then it will be back to z-list limbo for the Blue Marvel. I had hoped that Morgan Le Fay and Blue Marvel would have journeyed to Hell to somehow aid with Doom's extrication from Mephisto's clutches, but the writer decided to go the quick, lickety-split route and resolve the trip to hell in a manner of panels. I've seen Vegas weddings that lasted longer.
    Mistress Death showing up did put a monkey wrench into the works. If I were Doom I'd be very worried about owing her any debts. I hope Cantwell at least have Blue Marvel around long enough to have that idea of a reluctant alliance happen at least.