Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There was a similar thread not too long ago with this question, so I'll just post the image I used then -- ladies and gentlemen, The Corinthian:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Corinthian's definitely up there, but for me, John Dee will always have a top scoring role. He's just done too many viscerally messed up things.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There was a similar thread not too long ago with this question
    Yeah, it was mine, but that was 5 or 6 months ago. Good to see someone else had the same idea. It's an interesting subject for sure.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Super-Villain

The Comedian

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Two excellent suggestions! (Especially Dan Didio)

I'd add Murmur to the list. Doctor is one messed up bloke....
    Murmur is horrifying. They neutered him somewhat in the TV series...

I'm gonna nominate the PlaSStic Men from the current Freedom Fighters maxi. They are f**king horrifying.

I dunno if anyone else will remember this guy, but Alex Nero. He was from the Kyle Rayner era of Green Lantern; a Arkham worthy lunatic who got a hold of Sinestro's old jewelry. And this guy's subconscious controlled the ring so every twisted thought came to life. He maintained this huge, ever-changing army of Lovecraftian style constructs, which he didn't really have total control over.....constructs of his dead parents would follow him around and yell abuse at him.....and obviously he was crazier than a bag of cats and almost Joker-level unpredictable. Dude was a endless supply of Cthulhu inspired nightmares. Everyone remembers when Scarecrow got a yellow ring in Blackest Night, but Alex Nero makes Crane look like an amateur.

And oddly, I find Dessad scarier than Darkseid.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm gonna nominate the PlaSStic Men from the current Freedom Fighters maxi. They are f**king horrifying.

I dunno if anyone else will remember this guy, but Alex Nero. He was from the Kyle Rayner era of Green Lantern; a Arkham worthy lunatic who got a hold of Sinestro's old jewelry. And this guy's subconscious controlled the ring so every twisted thought came to life. He maintained this huge, ever-changing army of Lovecraftian style constructs, which he didn't really have total control over.....constructs of his dead parents would follow him around and yell abuse at him.....and obviously he was crazier than a bag of cats and almost Joker-level unpredictable. Dude was a endless supply of Cthulhu inspired nightmares. Everyone remembers when Scarecrow got a yellow ring in Blackest Night, but Alex Nero makes Crane look like an amateur.

And oddly, I find Dessad scarier than Darkseid.
    Loved Nero!!
    He was a great character and I always thought he was criminally under-utilised.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Darkseid. Sure, some villains are terrifying but heroes still get to be heroes and power through them. But to see someone like Green Arrow, who has one of the loudest mouths of DC, lose his mind and be nothing else than another pawn of Darkseid through the Anti-Life Equation ? Now, that to me is terrifying, the possibility that there could be villains that are not looking to kill your life but your soul

What about Anton Arcane ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The Batman Who Laughs is horrifyingly overused.
    Agreed, I really don't like the character and the other evil Batmen have already been forgotten. Still can't believe that's Bruce Wayne under all that.

Also of course, the Joker.

All-New Member

Rag Doll always freaked me out

Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyT View Post
    Rag Doll always freaked me out
    Flash TV series had a live action version. Many were thoroughly freaked by him.

Arcane tops my list simply because--on top of everything else he's done over the years--as a young man he abused his younger sister (hinted at during Veitch's time travel arc). The only other villain who bothers me is Eobard Thawne. I legitimately worry when Eobard shows up, the guy is ruthlessly evil and insanely murderous.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/