Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Goku vs. Destroyer Armor

DBZ era Goku. Starting in ssj2 but can power up. 616 Destroyer.

Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    DBZ era Goku. Starting in ssj2 but can power up. 616 Destroyer.

Arena.
    First, this depends a little on the Destroyer's controller, buuuuuuut...

Goku has such an insane speed edge that the Destroyer is never going to hit him. So even if SSJ2 can't hurt the thing (and, given how SSJ multipliers theoretically work, AND given how strong base Goku is now compared to when he first touched SSJ2, SSJ2 ought to be able to trivially annihilate the thing) Goku can just step it up to any of the 3 or 4 distinct, massive power-ups he has on the table from there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    First, this depends a little on the Destroyer's controller, buuuuuuut...

Goku has such an insane speed edge that the Destroyer is never going to hit him. So even if SSJ2 can't hurt the thing (and, given how SSJ multipliers theoretically work, AND given how strong base Goku is now compared to when he first touched SSJ2, SSJ2 ought to be able to trivially annihilate the thing) Goku can just step it up to any of the 3 or 4 distinct, massive power-ups he has on the table from there.
    It is specifically DBZ era Goku though. So he's only got one power-up beyond SSJ2.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Manga or anime Goku?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Manga or anime Goku?
    Meh. Your choice. I generally make these threads with anime in mind, but it's cool either way.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 12-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It is specifically DBZ era Goku though. So he's only got one power-up beyond SSJ2.
    Wow, I totally missed that. D'oh.

Yeah, that changes the answer a bit, but not by much. I would guess that maxed out SSJ2 or SSJ3, from that time-frame, are somewhere in or over the "solar-system-busting" kinds of oomph. And the speed edge is real. So the result might take a tiny bit longer, but it's just as inevitable. Speed still kills, as long as one can scratch the paint of the target. And I'd say Goku probably can.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wow, I totally missed that. D'oh.

Yeah, that changes the answer a bit, but not by much. I would guess that maxed out SSJ2 or SSJ3, from that time-frame, are somewhere in or over the "solar-system-busting" kinds of oomph. And the speed edge is real. So the result might take a tiny bit longer, but it's just as inevitable. Speed still kills, as long as one can scratch the paint of the target. And I'd say Goku probably can.

I disagree. The Destroyer was built to fight Celestials. It may have lost to them but it took multiple celestials attacking at once to destroy it. I don't think Goku even at ssj3 is capable of putting out that amount of Damage. The Destroyer may not be able to hurt Goku but I'm not sure on that one myself. The disintegration beam if it catches him may do some damage, but the speed advantage makes it catching him problematic at best. It may end up a draw until Goku finally runs out of energy. At that point Goku loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I disagree. The Destroyer was built to fight Celestials. It may have lost to them but it took multiple celestials attacking at once to destroy it. I don't think Goku even at ssj3 is capable of putting out that amount of Damage. The Destroyer may not be able to hurt Goku but I'm not sure on that one myself. The disintegration beam if it catches him may do some damage, but the speed advantage makes it catching him problematic at best. It may end up a draw until Goku finally runs out of energy. At that point Goku loses.
    That was a massively amped up version of the Destroyer armor inhabited by Odin and all of Asgard minus Thor. Also it did terribly against the Celestials.

With that said, I wouldn't really see solar system busting scratching the paint on the Destroyer armor generally. The suit has had its own energy attacks turned back on it and they've ultimately done nothing to the armor itself. Energy output wise it can cut Mjolnir in half and all.