Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Whether or not that craters the Destroyer is another story.
    It really shouldn't as far as that particular scale of damage.

Not too long ago, the Destroyer made quite the devastating impression on Gladiator. That puts the Destroyer several leagues above DBZ Goku.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The problem with that is the typical DB scaling problem. Roshi and Piccolo, in DB and in the beginning of Z, were capable of pretty casually wasting the moon.

Frieza, in his first form, was capable of trivially blowing up a planet. That form is at least 8 times weaker than his Final Form (and 16 times weaker than FP), "I just barely learned how to SSJ by accident" Goku was stronger than that.

Beginning of Android Saga Goku and Vegeta were presumably stronger that that level by some degree. And they were both, what, 5x stronger? 10x stronger? in SSJ1, by the end of the Android saga after all of the HTC time. Vegeta, being the clearest example, went from "18's bitch" to "trivially pimp-slapping SP Cell" in a day in his first session.

Gohan hit SSJ2 and was significantly stronger than Goku and Vegeta at the end of that saga.

Years of constant training went by. Goku and Vegeta SIGNIFICANTLY surpassed Gohan by the Buu saga. Gohan slacked... that's his MO...

Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing how SSJ2 by the end of Z doesn't equal solar-system-buster levels, given how much multiplication is involved there.

Whether or not that craters the Destroyer is another story.
    It depends on what you mean by busting the solar system. I would imagine they could bust all the matter in the solar system if it was collected, but it's not, and the immensity of the space involved is more than what their feats can really cover unless we're granting them a retroactive boost from Super, which I don't think we should.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    It depends on what you mean by busting the solar system. I would imagine they could bust all the matter in the solar system if it was collected, but it's not, and the immensity of the space involved is more than what their feats can really cover unless we're granting them a retroactive boost from Super, which I don't think we should.
    I mean, at least 99% of the mass of the solar system *is* collected, in one convenient, extremely bright package, with massive amounts of gravity to draw the attack towards itself(*). And none of the super skilled power sensors were calling BS when Cell was threatening to blow up the solar system, even if that is still technically hearsay.

(*) Okay, granted, hitting the sun is normally a lot trickier than that due to how the fact that the rest of the solar system is caught in its gravitational well and everything is technically moving in a series of circles at ridiculous speeds through the universe at the same time, but I'm pretty sure that a massive beam of energy containing more force than anything/everything that humanity can currently generate, traveling at FTL speeds, and which can have its trajectory changed at its user's will, should be more than capable of more or less ignoring those factors.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I won't dispute that SS2 Goku has a reasonable argument for blowing up the sun, but is that solar system busting? If that's what we're saying solar system busting is, then I think it's a much much smaller powerscale than what is implied by the term. For an attack to bust the solar system, I'd say that the attack alone would have to destroy everything out to at least Pluto's orbit. Otherwise saying solar system buster seems dishonest to me when you could just as easily say sun-buster. The impressive thing about solar system busting, I would think, is being able to do an attack big enough to take out that entire volume of space.

As for Cell's claims, I think either they're hyperbolous, or he's just saying he'd blow up the sun. Sun busting actually makes a certain amount of sense at that point of the series if we just follow a linear scale from Piccolo's easy moonbuster suggesting he's probably planet level at that point in time. Either way, the statements may not be debated, but it's not like Goku pulls out a whiteboard and figures out the math. It's just something he says that could mean a lot of things.

Edit: I mean normally I don't even have an issue with taking what the characters say at face value, but this is more interpretting it to mean something enormously beyond what they have any argument for being able to do.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-07-2019 at 02:18 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands