Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

well, here's hoping...spoilers:
    I don't catch cancer or something, or have an accident during the proposed 5-year wait.
    end of spoilers

Because while Elias the boatman was one of my favorite characters in Doc JPR's "Noli Me Tangere," I'd feel inadequate paraphrasing his last words for real.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

I prefer Out 1.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't mean "Hicksmen is terrible and is ABSOLUTELY GOING TO BE CANCELLED BY THE END OF THE YEAR BLARGH"

What I mean is, what if the plan is for this set up is the cause another, larger reboot of the X-men around the end of the year? 2020, I mean.

Its a wild theory, but hear me out. First, the framing of what is going on in Krakoa is all over the place. There are shots of everyone being happy and hopeful, but also plenty that make things look more sinister. Magneto/Sinister on thrones in shadow, the INCOMING teaser with Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse, that kind of thing. Hickman has said he's done all of this to get the Xmen away from circular genocide stories. Positioning them as villainous, or at least opposed to the rest of the Marvel world, feels counterintiutive unless there's something else at play.

Second, the use of so many villains in charge of the nation. If the goal is long-term peace and prosperity, why put Apocalypse and Sinister in charge? Why Shaw and Selene? The stories have barely started and that's already causing problems. Its not exactly something that feels like it can last long term.

Third, the pace has been breakneck. A lot of people were surprised to see Arakko come into play so quickly. The other series have already had major problems occur. Now obviously there needs to be conflict. But some of these issues seem bigger than the kinds of things we thought we'd see right off the bat.

Lastly, the explosion of upcoming X titles. On twitter, I saw someone lay out all of the titles announced, rumored, and stated by Hickman. Depending on how you count each Giant Size issue, there are between 9 and 14 upcoming X books, with most of those being series! This is good for X fans, but not really sustainable. And again, this much storytelling so quickly is a bit much if they have as many long term plans as Hickman is saying.

So here's my thought: this is all moving quickly because they are meant to lead into something big, and its going to happen around the end of the year. It may even start in the summer of 2020 as the big crossover event of the year. Krakoa is meant to be a stepping stone to a larger X-men reboot. Its reaching back to the beginning of the X men and bringing back characters from throughout X history as a last hurrah for long time fans, before hitting the reset button in a big way. Bring mutant-human relations back to zero, and the X-men to a smaller, more manageable number. This will be done to coincide with the X-men starting to show in movies and Disney+ shows, and to get the comics to something like a jumping on point for a newer audience.

What do you think? Is it plausible or total BS?
    Well, the silent council and Black Tom are doing a horrible job securing the island in the first place lol.In less than a month, someone has successful breach the security and assassinate Xavier. The Golden girls have breached their supposedly impenetrable transport system.

All jokes aside, the competing factions within and outside of Krakoa provides a ample opportunities for storytelling. ItÂ’s whole new world for the mutants and the unpredictability of their survival. ThereÂ’s bound to be conflict amongst themselves and to those that wish to extinguish their race. I agree that they are bound for a crossover in a year but doubt Krakoa wouldnÂ’t survive. There might be shift in leadership and alliances but I expect Krakoa to survive. Judging by their world building, the X-books are becoming more like games of thrones. There so much potential for conflict and storytelling. ThereÂ’s a lot of things that could go wrong and that what makes it fascinating lol.

Too much work has gone into it. Just looking at some of larraz sketches of krakoa on line one can tell it's here to stay. Will not be surprised.at all if krakoa is introduced into the greater mu. A lost or hidden mutant island. Too good to let go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

While I doubt the status quo as of PoX 6 will last; I find it unlikely that Krakoa will be undone

I could actually see a moratorium on further mutants emerging out of the human population (in favour of the 17 million waiting to be resurrected) before I see Krakoa being destroyed

BANNED

They’ve mentioned a multi-year plan and an indefinite shift in the status quo. Given the critical and commercial success, a reversion is highly unlikely. If the MCU picks up on it, then you can really forget about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What do you think? Is it plausible or total BS?
    I doubt things are headed toward another reboot so soon. I think Hickman has already mapped out the main plot points of his run, but he's stretching them out over 3-4 years to give time for other writers to play in the status quo he's set up.

This first year of stories is about using the Krakoa set-up as a backdrop and seeding future plots. A few months ago, Hickman mentioned a "fall", and I expect that's what year 2 will cover. The obvious flaws in the Krakoa status quo will come to a head, creating conflict. Year 3 or 4 will then be the endgame against the Phalanx.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    If the MCU picks up on it, then you can really forget about it.
    Nothing left but to "summon Persona v3" if that happens. /kidding
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Krakoa will probably last for as long as Hickman's in charge. Which I think will be three years, as that's how long his Avengers run was.
    I think this is right. Krakoa might last longer but given that Hickman said most of the pitches they got was to wreck it all, I imagine once he's gone, that will happen.

Plus, they've taken too many great villains off the table. They at least have to open things up that way.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Latest issue of Marauders with the insane new human cults and it showing how much of a change in human society the Krakoan gates are... really does make this status quo feel unsustainable long term. It just does.

My big worry is Hickman's overarching narrative is going to be "see, Krakoa was a bad idea, mutants shouldn't separate, segregation is bad kids, let's go back to the Old Ways and Moira simply lost her mind but she finally Figured It Out for her 11th life" something sappy like that. I have never read any other books by him so I have no idea what to expect but I'm beginning to pick up on things that are accumulating this theory in my mind. We will find out
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Five years later were still gonna have silly threads like "How long will Krakoa last?".

Again, I would have thought Krakoa would be around 2-3 years if it wasn't for the deluge of titles and how quickly they are moving on some of the plots.

Nobody is forcing you to come onto these topics. If you're just going to snark and insult, just stay away.

How long did Utopia last? Pre and post Schism.

I guess utopia lasted 2 or 3 years.

Hickman usually stays for like 3 years on books, Krakoa lasting more than 5 years seems a hard guess