No, this isn't a I hate DC thread, but it's interesting that Superman was introduced in 1938 and Timely Comics later Marvel was founded in 1939. So, these two companies have been neck and neck competitors from the beginning. IMO what I like about Marvel and what I feel gives them an advantage over DC is presenting their characters as real people dealing with their issues. From watching Tony Stark battle alcoholism depression and loneliness, to Peter Parker taking care of his loved ones and living up to thinking of being responsible for others to Bruce Banner dealing with turning into Hulk and Steve Rogers dealing with being a man out of his time makes for compelling reading along with their fighting of crime. I think another advantage is the character relationships i.e. romance. Marvel tends to develop those relationships more at a leisurely pace sort of soap opera-ish but it works. To each their own, though. You'll have your DC fanboys and girls and Marvel fanboys and girls. But for my money, Marvel is great.