Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm just saying a book with Dr Strange, Nico, Wanda, Pixie, Magik, and Billy/Wiccan/Demiurge/Future King Consort of Space/Master of Reality/Lifeforce of the universe Kaplan!! Is gold that fans have been sitting on for years. Why Marvel doesn't just take a hint is beyond me that's a book that would sell!

Though might I just add that even though I love his character. I actually would never trust Wiccan to be a teacher Nico is by far a better choice in that regard. Someone with established mental health issues, and suicidal tendencies related directly back to his own magical powers teaching the youth of tommorow about magic is not a good idea.
    That regard would also negate Wanda’s presence as well. Also, someone with mental health issues leading the next generation might be a recipe for success. A success story could assist any of them that are similarly suffering.

The preview looks good. The little pink one seems to be very early Pixie, before she lost part of her soul. I’m intrigued.

I'm in, looks interesting although I fear for the future of new characters.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    That regard would also negate Wanda’s presence as well. Also, someone with mental health issues leading the next generation might be a recipe for success. A success story could assist any of them that are similarly suffering.

The preview looks good. The little pink one seems to be very early Pixie, before she lost part of her soul. I’m intrigued.
    Truthfully I don't think Wanda should be teaching. She probably only got the job because she's voodoo's girlfriend.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I know everybody wants to see their favourites but I wouldn’t get too bent out of shape as to who should/shouldn’t be part of the faculty.

I mean, I haven’t read much of Scarlet Witch, Magik or Nico but it’s probably easy enough to justify them? Over-exuberant children wielding powers they don’t understand? Wanda could probably teach them a thing or two about the dangers and responsibilities or such power?

Wasn’t Magik stuck in Limbo for a decade? Learning Black magic and White magic? There probably something from the experience she can pass on?

I get the impression that Nico was a sorta maternal figure in the Runaways? Maybe they think a relatable figure might be a good thing is this crazy Hogwarts place? Maybe she could teach a mystical artifices class?

Let’s not get too upset, especially as Billy might have bigger fish to fry.

*Edit*

Would be great to see Cullen Bloodstone!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Though might I just add that even though I love his character. I actually would never trust Wiccan to be a teacher Nico is by far a better choice in that regard. Someone with established mental health issues, and suicidal tendencies related directly back to his own magical powers teaching the youth of tommorow about magic is not a good idea.
    Ehhh, I wouldn't say Nico has a much better history in terms of mental and emotional stability, to be fair. I think there have been several instances in her life in which she was portrayed as just as messy as Billy. And in some cases, I'd say Billy has it better than her, because he at least has a strong support system in the form of his family and personal relationships, something Nico hasn't always been lucky with.

Agreed. One could argue that Wanda has the worst history of them all, but I don't think that makes her or anyone unqualified to teach magic. I think it's perfectly possible to separate their personal issues from their technical abilities. And yes, having issues of their own might actually help them recognize, connect with and help students who might be going through something similar. There's always a big talk about how magic always has a price, so why not explore the psychological/emotional/mental price it can have on some people? And who better to talk about it than someone who has actually experienced this first hand? I think it can be a pretty good thing to discuss on an academic level.

Truthfully I don't think Wanda should be teaching. She probably only got the job because she's voodoo's girlfriend.
    She had a magic apprentice before and did fine.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Her mental health issues were basically her being possessed by the Life Force. The only mental issue that is actually canon is her having depression. Which is something that a lot of characters have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Wiccan would have been a better guest teacher, than Nico Minoru, Scarlet Witch or Magik. Nico uses magic through the Staff of One, and only needs a large vocabulary to cast her “spells”. Magik, despite her name, barely use magic at all. Most of the time she just teleports around and fight with soulsword. It was even a point in Bendis’ Uncanny X-Men what she doesn’t know much about magic and wanted to learn actual spellcasting from Dr. Strange. And Scarlet Witch’s power is a convoluted mix of magic and reality warping to the point that it is hard to understand when she uses one or another. Neither of the three seems like a good teacher to me. Their magical abilities seems more like superpowers, rather than something that can be taught to other people.

At least Wiccan actually cast spells to use his magic and was shown learning spellcasting. His power feels like magic, other three – not so much.
    Wanda studied traditional magic for over a decade from Agatha Harkness, took on her own apprentice and used said traditional magic to bring back Eric Masterson from having been turned into shards of glass. She's more than qualified to teach.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And not just copy and paste them off Google. I saw Kamen Rider Wizard's magic circle in a comic once.
    Dude...DUDE! I liked Kamen Rider Wizard, if only for having one of the funkiest henshin belts ever designed for merchandising.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I remember someone discussing this idea some time ago on the Dr. Strange thread. I think Marvel is a bit late to introduce it, but it might be good. I'm concerned that they're going to end up with New Mutants in all but name, but only time will tell.

If they're going to introduce Dormammu's son (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Faltine!), I think it's only fair that they should also use Sophia Strange (daughter of Clea and Stephen Strange), who Clea hid on Earth to keep her secret and safe from Dormammu/Dark Dimension baddies. Clea also kept Sophia secret from Dr. Strange himself (for reasons only Clea knows). Marvel launched the character in an Epic Comics anthology that was subsequently cancelled, and she's never appeared again to the best of my knowledge.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Dude...DUDE! I liked Kamen Rider Wizard, if only for having one of the funkiest henshin belts ever designed for merchandising.
    I wasn't criticizing the show, I just think it's lazy for a comic to use it's graphics when they should be designing their own.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Imagine the reactions if they DID lift magic circles from elsewhere for the title. Fate/Stay Night? Negima? B.B.?

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Negima honestly has some of my favorite magic circles in all of fiction, I'm so glad to see someone acknowledge them.

Ken Akamatsu be deserving those hiatuses for his thoroughness.

spoilers:
    The B.B. I mentioned was supposed to be "Bible Black," but I hesitated while posting.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Imagine the reactions if they DID lift magic circles from elsewhere for the title. Fate/Stay Night? Negima? B.B.?
    What is B.B?

Edited post: never mind.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-07-2019 at 03:20 AM.