Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

Hey where's Pixie you silly buggers!.

Anyways, I'm loving the idea of this, I'll check it out. Doyle the Pumpkin is looking cool.
    Pixie and Billy Kaplan team-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Daimon having a daughter who looks like she's on her mid to late teens is such a weird, random plot point that I still don't get, specially considering it went nowhere after this book. Like, where the heck did she come from? There was zero explanation as to why she was there. And it's like she's never existed ever since, even though Daimon has appeared in quite a few books. I mean, I'm not against her coming back, but hopefully they manage to find an actual purpose for her if she is ever brought back, 'cause it doesn't look like much thought was put at all into her creation.
    It’s magic, and, demons grow up in 5 minutes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    >Infinity Hunt
    >Thought

pick one

That is the one book I will mercilessly bully forever.

How long did Gotham Academy go for?
    Gotham Academy went 2 volumes.

The first volume sales VERY well on Amazon.

One crossover with LUmberjanes.

Part of the reason you don't see them now is DC tends to SCREW UP good things-the creative team behind GA was mostly the same guys behind Burnside Batgirl. If the editorial interference they got on Batgirl once it was a hit was the same for volume 2 of GA-that is why you don't see that book around anymore.

I read this as Marvel's equivalent of Harry Potter coming 15 years too late
    New Harry stuff is still coming out despite the book not being around. We got a bunch of new Potter dolls out. So something is going on behind the scenes for those dolls to be made 15 years later.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Not with the awful design on Hellstrom. Get his hair back and ditch the goatee, or no buys.

New characters can be fine, but as part of an ensemble with some established ones. Granted there aren't many teen mystic characters, but there were likely some (Cullen Bloodstone at least) who could have come in and saved it from being totally all new.

Totally all new teen books dont tend to last.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 12-05-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

The Champions never had a magic user in their roster. The reason? There weren't any not already on other teams (Wiccan, Magik, and Nico being the main three young mages). It doesn't surprise me it's an all new cast - but I'm not confident that it'll sell.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Champions never had a magic user in their roster. The reason? There weren't any not already on other teams (Wiccan, Magik, and Nico being the main three young mages). It doesn't surprise me it's an all new cast - but I'm not confident that it'll sell.
    Wasn't Hummingbird briefly allied with the Champions during War of the Realms?

Snowguard and Power Man aren't magic users per se, but they're powered by magic and could probably fit in this book as well as that random Frost giant

BANNED

they're all going to die horrible, horrible deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    they're all going to die horrible, horrible deaths
    More likely fade into obscurity.

BANNED

This looks terrific to me. Great concept, very solid creative team.

I can't believe that with all the magic users in the MU that no one ever thought to have them run a school before.

But hey, it's here now and I'm all in for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This looks terrific to me. Great concept, very solid creative team.

I can't believe that with all the magic users in the MU that no one ever thought to have them run a school before.

But hey, it's here now and I'm all in for it!
    That's basically what Doctor Doom's Latverian School of Science was but it never went anywhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    More likely fade into obscurity.
    Horrible .

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    How long did Gotham Academy go for?
    4-5 volumes I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm growing tired of Marvel giving the offspring/clones of ancient bad guys contemporary english names in an attempt to be cutesy.
    It was annoying with EVAN sabah nur and it's still annoying with DOYLE dormammu.
    Well Evan was cloned after Apocalypse had died. He has/had nothing to do with his Creation or name. But considering he named called his foster son Holocaust in the AoA that's probby a good thing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Oh, Doyle rules!
    Dude. This. Is. eFFin. Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Pixie and Billy Kaplan team-up!
    Triple Ugh!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Wasn't Hummingbird briefly allied with the Champions during War of the Realms?
    Yes, but like you said, allied. She didn't officially join the team. Also, she's a telepath/empath, not a spellcaster. Similar to Raven of the Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Snowguard and Power Man aren't magic users per se, but they're powered by magic and could probably fit in this book as well as that random Frost giant
    Snowguard was actually the solution to the "we don't have a magic user" problem when they needed to go to Weirdworld. She prayed to the goddess that gave her her powers and she gave her an artifact that could send the team there. Even when the team expanded after that arc, they didn't gain an actual mage.

Snowguard's powers are based on faith and Power Man's are based around chi like Iron Fist's. Spiritual, not magical.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman