Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default What characters need to be in a book right now?

EDIT: I don't mean solo books. I just meant "characters that need to be in a book period". Including as members of a team.

Polaris, Rachel, Nightcrawler, (Arch)Angel, Monet, Dazzler, Frenzy, Cuckoos

Name more if you wish and feel free to propose ideas as well since Marvel seems to have no interest atm

At least Mystique is on the Council and I guess some of these characters are indeed cameoing around but what the hell is up with giving Pyro, Black Tom, Healer, Orphan Maker, Nanny, Scalphunter, Mondo, ongoings but not the above mentioned?
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-06-2019 at 12:49 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Warlock!

Also Magma, Monet, Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Pixie, Anole, Hope, Zero, Primal, Marrow, Dr Nemesis, Warpath...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The former Acolytes.

I think a team book with an inner core of 2-3 characters as the focus and an outer core of another 2-3 characters as the background is the right balance.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-05-2019 at 08:02 PM.

BANNED

It’s not an either/or. I enjoy the obscure characters like Nanny, Pyro, Black Tom, etc. being utilized. That said I think Lorna would do well in X-Force or X-Corp.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nobody

Stick to teams.
    "Cable was right!"

*Shortpack*

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Archanhel as solo

Acolytes, as team book. With Exodus, Frenzy, Senyaka, Voght, Melloncamp, Chrome and Scanner.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nobody

Stick to teams.
    Seconded the X-Men have too many interesting characters to devote any sort of resources to solo titles in my opinion. Team books would work better but so few writers know how to juggle teams and balance out character arcs in between each individual members.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Seconded the X-Men have too many interesting characters to devote any sort of resources to solo titles in my opinion. Team books would work better but so few writers know how to juggle teams and balance out character arcs in between each individual members.
    So True. Which is why im hoping these new crop of books take the opportunity of the fesh start.

Laura definitely needs her solo back. Fallen Angels seems to have totally ignored her character development and status quo changes from All-New Wolverine.

Namor used to have solo books, but not since the 90s... why is that?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Polaris, Rachel, Nightcrawler, (Arch)Angel, Monet, Dazzler, Frenzy, Cuckoos

Name more...

… guess some of these characters are indeed cameoing around but... ongoings… not the above mentioned?
    Didn't get the impression this meant solos per se, but just a permanent role on any given title. So a new team book seems like the most logical, realistic suggestion that could be made.

Other characters: Sunfire, Dust, Northstar, Banshee, Darwin, Forge

Cyclops can easily do Captain America numbers, imo. Plus the character never had a solo ongoing, the Teen version is not the same, everybody knows it, i mean, when it happened the adult version that people really like was still going in Uncanny.
    Give Cyclops a solo, a true solo, not a team book with his name on the cover. And get Priest to write it.

BANNED

EDIT: I don't mean solo books. I just meant "characters that need to be in a book period". Including as members of a team. …
    As I thought, and mentioned. With that in mind, spinning out of XM1:

Polarisfeel free to propose ideas...

… tasked by the QC with making the above a priority, as Cyke suggested they might. She would then form & lead a new, Krakoan team called the Outlanders, that could include:

… Nightcrawler... Frenzy...
    … and other, similarly alienated (in a historic sense) Mutant members like Sunfire, to do so.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-07-2019 at 03:00 AM.

BANNED

Dazzlerfeel free to propose ideas...

… charged by the QC with creating a group of what would essentially be goodwill ambassadors, promoters, and/or PR personalities, sent to confront & counter those trying to damage & undermine Krakoa's credibility, on the world's stage. Her team would be called X-Corp (natch!), and could include:

… (Arch)Angel, Monet...
    … and other, similar celebrity-type Mutant members like Northstar, to help make their case.

They are the 2 that matter MOST to me, obviously.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-07-2019 at 03:03 AM.

BANNED

Possible team name revisions, from suggestions made here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nded-quot-next

Instead of Outlanders, and given her lineage, Polaris could be heading a revamped Acolytes. Or a Brother/sisterhood combo that now maybe, is just simply tagged as... the 'Hood.

With the Dazzler led activist/publicity/propaganda war machine, a reduX of Gene Nation sounds like it could be a more fitting moniker, than the supposedly already slated X-Corp.

I LOVE Mutant Liberation Front too, but Marauders seems to already be fulfilling the function they would best serve, literally speaking.