Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default What characters need to be in a book right now?

EDIT: I don't mean solo books. I just meant "characters that need to be in a book period". Including as members of a team.

Polaris, Rachel, Nightcrawler, (Arch)Angel, Monet, Dazzler, Frenzy, Cuckoos

Name more if you wish and feel free to propose ideas as well since Marvel seems to have no interest atm

At least Mystique is on the Council and I guess some of these characters are indeed cameoing around but what the hell is up with giving Pyro, Black Tom, Healer, Orphan Maker, Nanny, Scalphunter, Mondo, ongoings but not the above mentioned?
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-06-2019 at 12:49 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Warlock!

Also Magma, Monet, Surge, Prodigy, Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Pixie, Anole, Hope, Zero, Primal, Marrow, Dr Nemesis, Warpath...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The former Acolytes.

I think a team book with an inner core of 2-3 characters as the focus and an outer core of another 2-3 characters as the background is the right balance.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-05-2019 at 08:02 PM.

BANNED

It’s not an either/or. I enjoy the obscure characters like Nanny, Pyro, Black Tom, etc. being utilized. That said I think Lorna would do well in X-Force or X-Corp.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nobody

Stick to teams.
    "Cable was right!"

*Shortpack*

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Archanhel as solo

Acolytes, as team book. With Exodus, Frenzy, Senyaka, Voght, Melloncamp, Chrome and Scanner.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Emma Frost: Secretary of State
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue and Laura!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Right now doesn’t feel like the time for solo books, even for characters like Wolverine who almost always do. I like the team based books, not stealth solos, and they’re using z-listers like Nanny. That being said, I would kill for Frenzy and Amelia Voght getting a book.

Magik needs her own book,She has the easiest pitch just to do supernatural demon hunter or occult detective book.

Spectacular Member

Except Wolverine I don’t think any mutants has ever been able to keep an ongoing going? And Wolverine is getting his own book soon. Moira is central enough to this run that a book from her could last a year or two, and we know she will get a book. Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Domino, Gambit and Rogue had their books but didn’t last. I don’t think they should do solo books for now. They are building up some characters like Apocalypse, they could get a book in a couple of years, but not now. Mutants are a team based franchise they work better in group, in the end when they get a solo the co-character are other mutants anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Except Wolverine I don’t think any mutants has ever been able to keep an ongoing going? And Wolverine is getting his own book soon. Moira is central enough to this run that a book from her could last a year or two, and we know she will get a book. Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Domino, Gambit and Rogue had their books but didn’t last. I don’t think they should do solo books for now. They are building up some characters like Apocalypse, they could get a book in a couple of years, but not now. Mutants are a team based franchise they work better in group, in the end when they get a solo the co-character are other mutants anyway.
    Eh, I think it depends on that one; I always find it's easy for team books to feel crowded unless there's a good balance of spotlight/individual voices.

I love solo's more because we get a much more personal, introspective look at the characters--small groups are good too though, provided the characters can bounce well off of each other!

Spectacular Member

Realistically, how many Xchars can even sustain a book?
    Wishful thinking? lol so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Realistically, how many Xchars can even sustain a book?
    Wishful thinking? lol so many of them.

Gambit

Cable

Rouge

---------------
    (If absolutely done right)

Storm

Psylocke

Magick

(None of this female empowerment stories its pigeon holding them, ) I am all for women empowerment

I was rewatching Person of Interest and When Shaw and Root are on screen for the first time together. Their scene edge the whole show up. In A Male Centric Show.

-------------

(A little Mature)

Hellion

Quiten Quire

The Cookoos

Prodigy

---------------

Didn't mention The Wolverine's cause they always sell
    ---------------

I do feel that all the Xmen would benefit from being in Duo's or Trio Books .

Cyclops&Cable
    Psylocke&Domino
    Storm&Daken (I said none of the Wolverine's)
    Storm&Fantomex(Wait isnt, he too ,a Wolvie)
    (Just) TheStorm.

Shatterstar Iceman Rictor Anole (The YASS Men) (add Wiccan for Drama) CannonBall (diversity)
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-05-2019 at 12:50 PM.