Default Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Volume 22 -- August 20

Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Volume 22

9781302922221.jpg

Written by Roger Stern, Jan Strnad, and Bill Mantlo
    Art by John Romita Jr, Rick Leonardi, and Bob Hall

The Marvel Masterworks are proud to present one of the greatest eras in Spider-Man history: Roger Stern and John Romita Jr.'s AMAZING SPIDERMAN. These two all-time greats raised Spider-Man to new heights while recapturing the compelling tone and character-driven focus that made the web-slinger world famous. Stern and JRJR returned classic villains like the Vulture to the fore, explored a disturbing fate for the Tarantula, told the definitive Juggernaut story and made J. Jonah Jameson a bigger pain than ever before. And that was just their warm-up! This incomparable volume also features the first appearance of Monica Rambeau (A.K.A. Captain Marvel), a mountain of character profiles from the OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, an in-depth intro by Roger Stern and more!

COLLECTING: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 224-237 & ANNUAL (1964) 16, THE MARVEL COMICS GUIDE TO COLLECTING COMICS (1982) AND MATERIAL FROM THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (1983)

ISBN: 9781302922221
    Format: HARDCOVER BOOK
    Price: $100.00 ($127.00 in Canada)
    Size: 7" x 10"
    Pages: 448

On Sale: August 4, 2020

(The Collected Editions folks have posted some nice teaser previews over here: http://collectededitions.com/2019/12...er-man-vol-22/)
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

BANNED

Wow. The Man himself.

I am a huge fan of your run. And it's great to see that the early (somewhat neglected) part of your run featuring stuff like the Tarantula/Will o' the Wisp story, as well as Mr. Hyde is getting attention. Alongside Part 1 of your Vulture story.

Not a single bad issue in your run, sir. I also like Monica Rambeau, my favorite of the Captain Marvels.

Mr. Stern, thank you so much for the amazing work on this character. You helped me realize my love for Spider-Man and for comics in general. Thank you, sir!

Hello, Mr. Stern. I greatly enjoy your Spider-Man tales, especially the Vulture stories that fleshed out his role in the mythos. This also collects the underrated Stilt-Man story you plotted. I am glad to see these reprinted.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Thanks, foks.

By the way, the title of this thread is suppose to be: Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Volume 22 -- August 2020

Not sure how that got clipped. Oh, well ...
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Stern View Post
    Thanks, foks.

By the way, the title of this thread is suppose to be: Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spider-Man Volume 22 -- August 2020

Not sure how that got clipped. Oh, well ...
    Hopefully it will be followed by a Volume 2 featuring the next half of your run including the entire Hobgoblin Saga (admittedly already collected) but also included great gems like "The Daydreamers" which is my favorite of your run, sir.