Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Supergirl's civillian name

In your ideal world, would she use Kara or Linda? Lee or Danvers or Lee Danvers?

Extraordinary Member

Personally, I like Linda Danvers.

I prefer Linda Lee. If only to avoid confusion with Carol Danvers.

I like Kara Danvers despite the fact it sounds like Carol Danvers. Or maybe even on some level, because of it. I maintain that naming Mar-Vell's blonde supporting character "Carol Danvers" was a deliberate similarity, that only got more pronounced when she became Ms. Marvel.

Especially if Kara wasn't initially planning to be a super-hero, it makes sense to me that she'd prefer not to use a fake name that she'd have trouble responding to at first.

Plus, it adds another level of distinction between Kara and the other "Linda Danvers" who fused with Matrix.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

My first exposure to the character was the Supergirl movie where she was Linda Lee, so I lean toward that or Linda Lee Danvers.

I liked how Red Daughter introduced herself as Linda Lee when she was faking being a waitress in season 4 of the TV show. I prefer Kara because it sounds a little more exotic than Linda.