Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because as I've said in the thread, it's very much an "All Lives Matter" moment, especially considering the lengths to which humans have nearly genocided mutants time and time again.
    Nah not really Wolverine is one few people who get a pass for this type of talk, It is not like Wolverine is pretending every human is redeemable or trying to change hearts and minds. When Wolverine is talking it is about "Good Humans" he isn't talking about ALL humans. Wolverine will snuff out every purifier or reaver without a second thought, Wolverine will proactive hunt down and kill who is necessary. It is completely different thought process from Scott or Xavier who will leave Purifiers and other alive for possibility of justice or that they will change. If there was a button that was going for certain going to kill every bad human Wolverine would press it. Let's remember who we are talking about the man just killed a room of probably sentient beings.

Wolverine doesn’t have much faith in people, period. Humans and mutants alike. He thinks they’re all capable of terrible things, because he’s experienced them at the hands of both. And he knows that undirected rage at an entire species versus directing it at the perpetrators of the crime only leads to more suffering in the end. Perspective. 200 years of living will give you that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wolverine doesn’t have much faith in people, period. Humans and mutants alike. He thinks they’re all capable of terrible things, because he’s experienced them at the hands of both. And he knows that undirected rage at an entire species versus directing it at the perpetrators of the crime only leads to more suffering in the end. Perspective. 200 years of living will give you that.
    Sounds like lazy, cowardly centrism. They brainwash American youth with that garbage in grade school. Extremism is the future.

I think more than anything it's just like... The worst moment to do that. Sure, both humans and mutants are capable of the worst. But what happened with Domino specifically happened because she is a mutant. Because there was a mutant hate group who wanted to use her to kill mutants.

In the previous issue I actually found his comment refreshing. But in this one it's just inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think more than anything it's just like... The worst moment to do that. Sure, both humans and mutants are capable of the worst. But what happened with Domino specifically happened because she is a mutant. Because there was a mutant hate group who wanted to use her to kill mutants.

In the previous issue I actually found his comment refreshing. But in this one it's just inappropriate.
    Complete agreement here. Saying "there are bad people on both sides" while standing over the horribly mutilated and tortured mutant is mistimed at best.

Honestly, the page has a lot of Charlottesville vibes, with Wolverine saying there are bad people everywhere while a person from the defending side is dead/near dead (Domino, and the person who got hit by the car).

Astonishing Member

Legion/Nate Grey/Jamie Braddock/Mikhail Rasputin rewrites reality long before any of that. Storm can control individual molecules of everything in the air (if her fans on here are to be believed), so she kills every human from Krakoa.

Face it, in a war, the Avengers lose badly. Their entire full power force was nearly beaten on Utopia by ten mutants, most of which weren't trying.
    Idk, the gates got hacked and cyclops got his butt kicked by the golden girls, I wouldn’t count those chickens just yet, lol.

This looks great. The deadliest person in the room is still the voice of reason. Not many people get to make that statement in that scenario and not sound like a completely ignorant fool, Logan's history backs up his words. This book looks to continue to be the best of the relaunch.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, yeah... I get it. Extremism is the new thing. Okay, Boomer and all that. Ha. No worries. But my old ass is with Logan here.

Yeah, yeah... I get it. Extremism is the new thing. Okay, Boomer and all that. Ha. No worries. But my old ass is with Logan here.
    "The middle of the road only benefits those who would oppress, control, and seize rights away."

BANNED

Lol I’m kidding about the extremism. I mostly agree with Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Sounds like lazy, cowardly centrism. They brainwash American youth with that garbage in grade school. Extremism is the future.
    lol I love this
    Everything I know is a LIE!!!

Complete agreement here. Saying "there are bad people on both sides" while standing over the horribly mutilated and tortured mutant is mistimed at best.

Honestly, the page has a lot of Charlottesville vibes, with Wolverine saying there are bad people everywhere while a person from the defending side is dead/near dead (Domino, and the person who got hit by the car).
    Damn Dude. #truth
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

"The middle of the road only benefits those who would oppress, control, and seize rights away."
    Eh, Logan is there and he’s gonna snikt the nasty humans. It’s not like he’s on the sidelines stewing in apathy.

I know. This is what I’m enjoying about the Hickman era, people having fun and actually talking about these books. Playfully and/or passionately.

Can't ever see myself caring for this book so long as Logan the Avenger is in it with his nonsense.

BANNED

I think the specific moment in the issue may be off but I understand Logan's POV (and generally agree with much of it when I'm not being buffeted by 'what about the good [majority]??' complaints in the face of genocide or horror). I just view it as a carry-over from the convo last issue. There's a lot more nuance to my politics IRL than when I read funnybooks, but even here I think Logan is just the counterbalance to Quentin. That's all I've got on that.

And I'm not going to claim, even by the standards of performative CBR drag, that Logan or these pages smack of Charlottesville. As a gay Jew who's so glad his grandparents are already dead and gone in the wake of incidents like that (or after their own local synagogue got shot up) that's a bridge too far for me. YMMV.