Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Great art.

I'm amazed people here continue to side with the mutant cultist anti-human hate speech. At least Logan has the perspective to realize hatred and bigotry directed against an entire species is wrong. Never thought I'd say those words.

Pity X is dead or Logan could just kill Domino for a reset instead of her having to suffer more. I wonder how *this* is lucky for her.
    I’m surprised we’re still at this point in the conversation. There has to be a collective “we’ve moved past this” for CBR arguments but if that was the case, we wouldn’t have the shipping wars we have so often. But both times, Logan decides that (as he’s getting attacked), it’s a good time to educate those no-good muties that they need to tone it down a little bit. If this is what we’re gonna keep hearing from him in his solo, Percy can keep it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m surprised we’re still at this point in the conversation. There has to be a collective “we’ve moved past this” for CBR arguments but if that was the case, we wouldn’t have the shipping wars we have so often. But both times, Logan decides that (as he’s getting attacked), it’s a good time to educate those no-good muties that they need to tone it down a little bit. If this is what we’re gonna keep hearing from him in his solo, Percy can keep it.
    Tbf I think a lot of people are forgetting that it's usually in rebuttal of Quentin's KILL ALL HUMANS rhetoric

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except that the humans in 616 aren't like us. They're all cartoonishly evil dickheads or passive onlookers with zero spine. Every major government recently took steps to completely eradicate mutants from existence and the world cheered them on.
    That sounds a lot like real life.

BANNED

HuMAnS ArE CApabLE oF GOoD AnD BAd JusT LiKE MuTANts

ok boomer

BANNED

Oh, I’m fine with Logan seeing the nuance. We can’t all play burn the flatscans all day. It’s not like he’s out there calling mutants brainwashed cultists or asking if Krakoa will end next year.

And I love the art.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbf I think a lot of people are forgetting that it's usually in rebuttal of Quentin's KILL ALL HUMANS rhetoric
    I feel like there has to be a way to say “KILL ALL HUMANS” isn’t a wise choice without resorting to a lazy “there are two sides” argument.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Oh, I’m fine with Logan seeing the nuance. We can’t all play burn the flatscans all day. It’s not like he’s out there asking if Krakoa will end next year.

And I love the art.
    :X

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Logan's pro-human rethoric is starting to annoy me.
    He isn't pro human,

he knows that mutants and Humans have bad apples, instead of pretends mutants are the good ones like Quire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    tbf this has been Logan’s characterization since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He isn't pro human,

he knows that mutants and Humans have bad apples, instead of pretends mutants are the good ones like Quire
    That's still not what I would say when looking at my half skinned teammate lol

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except that the humans in 616 aren't like us. They're all cartoonishly evil dickheads or passive onlookers with zero spine. Every major government recently took steps to completely eradicate mutants from existence and the world cheered them on. Even more recently, Wolverine helped destroy a space station mass producing mutant genocide machines.
    Trying to reconcile the *real* humans we see in other 616 books with the *eeeeeevil* humans that seem to populate the X-books hurts my head.
    It boils down to me not being comfortable with anyone being treated like shite or believing others to be lesser. Seeing mutants do it and be praised for doing so by X-fans is almost perverse to me. This isn't the thread for that. I'll take my concerns elsewhere so as not to derail talking about this nice preview.
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-05-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Oh, I’m fine with Logan seeing the nuance. We can’t all play burn the flatscans all day. It’s not like he’s out there calling mutants brainwashed cultists or asking if Krakoa will end next year.

And I love the art.
    Him saying it as he stands over his mutilated ex-gf is like standing next to a mass grave in Soviet Russia explaining how not all of Stalin's followers aren't bad and there are bad people on both sides.

BANNED

And I love the art.
    Theres a time and place for the nuance tho and this wouldnt be it. I dont even like the character like that but his reaction should be entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That's still not what I would say when looking at my half skinned teammate lol
    They can get back to life. Quire views are too radical to stay quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    tbf this has been Logan’s characterization since 2011.
    This is entirely true but 2011 Logan would’ve had much better timing to school Quentin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Theres a time and place for the nuance tho and this wouldnt be it. I dont even like the character like that but his reaction should be entirely different.
    I’d agree but they’re using him to play McLaughlin Group opposite Quentin. So I understand the choice. I imagine it’s something both characters will continue to reckon with as an ongoing thread. And it’s carrying over the topic from the prior issue, it didn’t come up when they found Dom flayed.