Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 133
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think the specific moment in the issue may be off but I understand Logan's POV (and generally agree with much of it when I'm not being buffeted by 'what about the good [majority]??' complaints in the face of genocide or horror). I just view it as a carry-over from the convo last issue. There's a lot more nuance to my politics IRL than when I read funnybooks, but even here I think Logan is just the counterbalance to Quentin. That's all I've got on that.

    And I'm not going to claim, even by the standards of performative CBR drag, that Logan or these pages smack of Charlottesville. As a gay Jew who's so glad his grandparents are already dead and gone in the wake of incidents like that (or after their own local synagogue got shot up) that's a bridge too far for me. YMMV.
    I am just glad this is solid discussion with some substance ,I mean it is better convo than X23 who is about 20 can learn from Kwannon who is about maybe 27( and missing maybe 3 or 4 years in world time) or why is Glob still in X-books.

  2. #107
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    2,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am just glad this is solid discussion with some substance ,I mean it is better convo than X23 who is about 20 can learn from Kwannon who is about maybe 27( and missing maybe 3 or 4 years in world time) or why is Glob still in X-books.
    Who's smack talking Glob?

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,084

    Default

    I’m confused what people aren’t liking about wolverine’s dialogue here. I agree with him.

    And we’ve seen normal decent humans in many issues so I don’t buy that “all in 616 are bad.” Thays just what we see because we’re getting the point of view of superhero who by nature are going up against the evil ones.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  4. #109
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Interesting. Very disgusting with Domino, that's horrifying and I'm almost amazed it's in a mainstream comic

    Good to know Logan's dumbass "Think what Chuck would want young man" had absolutely no effect on Quire at all. Haha ... shaking head at Logan.

    Wondering what's showing up in that final panel, I ASSUME some kind of robot or sentinel?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

    OBEY

  5. #110
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m confused what people aren’t liking about wolverine’s dialogue here. I agree with him.

    And we’ve seen normal decent humans in many issues so I don’t buy that “all in 616 are bad.” Thays just what we see because we’re getting the point of view of superhero who by nature are going up against the evil ones.
    I don't think anyone on here feels all 616 humans are evil, most are jyst being sassy, as a lot I people don't sermm to understand your point that in a good vs evil comic the hero's are gonna be going up against the worst of society. However considering Domino's A person Wolverines has been intimate with is lying in a Vat with half her body flayed, and her eye gouged out. His comments are tacky AF and insulting to Domino
    GrindrStone(D)

  6. #111
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Interesting. Very disgusting with Domino, that's horrifying and I'm almost amazed it's in a mainstream comic

    Good to know Logan's dumbass "Think what Chuck would want young man" had absolutely no effect on Quire at all. Haha ... shaking head at Logan.

    Wondering what's showing up in that final panel, I ASSUME some kind of robot or sentinel?
    I'm putting my box of jellybeans on it being big homie that was administering the genetic test to make sure no one in attendance was a mutant back in the first issue.

  7. #112
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think anyone on here feels all 616 humans are evil, most are jyst being sassy, as a lot I people don't sermm to understand your point that in a good vs evil comic the hero's are gonna be going up against the worst of society. However considering Domino's A person Wolverines has been intimate with is lying in a Vat with half her body flayed, and her eye gouged out. His comments are tacky AF and insulting to Domino
    I think 90-95% of humans in 616 are either cartoonishly evil or simply don't care. That's what the reader has been shown since the X-Men's inception and it has only gotten worse over time. When the government is openly ordering mutants to report for mandatory vaccines that will permenantly remove their powers or be publicly executed, there isn't a whole lot to be said.

  8. #113
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm putting my box of jellybeans on it being big homie that was administering the genetic test to make sure no one in attendance was a mutant back in the first issue.
    Hmm. So that dude we're assuming is also modded? To present some type of a threat to Wolvie?

    This whole situation does bring to mind how quirky Domino's mutation is. It's either blatantly OP (Like the movie version) or it doesn't actually help anywhere near enough (like in XForce 1)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

    OBEY

  9. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This looks great. The deadliest person in the room is still the voice of reason. Not many people get to make that statement in that scenario and not sound like a completely ignorant fool, Logan's history backs up his words. This book looks to continue to be the best of the relaunch.
    Honestly, I think I might drop Marauders and pick up this for Logan's perspective alone...(very tempted!)

  10. #115
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hmm. So that dude we're assuming is also modded? To present some type of a threat to Wolvie?

    This whole situation does bring to mind how quirky Domino's mutation is. It's either blatantly OP (Like the movie version) or it doesn't actually help anywhere near enough (like in XForce 1)
    I think the point is she needs to do something for her powers to kick in (she can't just stand there and people start tripping and breaking their necks). Immobilize her and she's virtually helpless long enough for you to hurt her, I think.

  11. #116
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hmm. So that dude we're assuming is also modded? To present some type of a threat to Wolvie?

    This whole situation does bring to mind how quirky Domino's mutation is. It's either blatantly OP (Like the movie version) or it doesn't actually help anywhere near enough (like in XForce 1)
    On that, I don't even know.

    That introduction involved some "Classic Coke" villain possibly shooting his mouth off. On the other hand, the guy in question could be a legitimate heavy or someone who just isn't afraid of getting into one he might not be able to win.

  12. #117
    Fantastic Member GylT'Nav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Great preview. Great art.
    Poor Domino. Wow, B. Percy is not kidding, I gasped when I saw it.
    Love that Logan is the voice of reason here against QQ rasist slur. Logan experienced it all, the best and the worst, done by humans and mutants.
    I love how Cassara's art supports Logan's words . The best: compassion, it is all in Logan's bodylanguage and the worst.....I am expect him to go totally bersecker on whatever is causing the shadow. He will do what he is best at to those people responsible for Dominos situation, and he will do this without mercy. This scene can also be interpret as a vow. But his fury will be directed.
    Last edited by GylT'Nav; 12-06-2019 at 02:19 AM.

  13. #118
    Astonishing Member AHRNIHAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    If mutants are this powerful, why are still a persecuted minority? Can't they simply overpower all human resistance and seize the world themselves at this point?
    Because that's the difference between Humans and Mutants. Humans will always try to wipe mutants out.
    He is the rock that their island nation is built upon. The people of Krakoa know him and what he has done for them over the years, and they look up to him. He might not be RULING Krakoa, but he is definitely leading it.

  14. #119
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,480

    Default

    Great preview. The only quality DOX book.
    Completely agree with Wolverine.

  15. #120
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quentin Quire is more popular now he is CBR poster-lite. Are there only two pages or is newsarama doing that thing again where their page viewer hates me.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •