Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    (Technically isn't that what most figurative drawing is, lol?)

But honestly, I find that a pretty high standard: Expressive, detailed, pretty well composed.
    or maybe everyone else has low standards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    or maybe everyone else has low standards.
    Or it's just what works for some? Art's subjective, right?

i'll still take it over this.

technically, it's a great drawing. but i hate it. it's just a bunch of lines that someone prettied up with color. and it bores me.
    this looks fine to me
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

from Kwannon's past, are there only Matsuo & Nyoirin Henecha that we know?

technically, it's a great drawing. but i hate it. it's just a bunch of lines that someone prettied up with color. and it bores me.
    What are y’all talking about on this site?

If I were picky, I would say the drawing looks… ramshackle? Maybe it was the intention.
    There are many details that don't look right but I am more annoyed by the fact that the character hasn't a face very expressive for a drunk.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Kwannon seems to be being written into age old Asian stereotypes. This seems like the "knowledgeable sensei" trope.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    Kwannon seems to be being written into age old Asian stereotypes. This seems like the "knowledgeable sensei" trope.
    I feel like the writer wanted to write a comic about oriental philosophies and sensei tropes and went on with it honestly, even if some characters do not fit quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    Kwannon seems to be being written into age old Asian stereotypes.
    Kind of goes hand in hand with the katana.

Just read the issue ..Meh..Meh... I can't call it bad but I can't call it good either. I think the biggest problem with this book it that takes itself a little too seriously. And is badly in need of character to light up the book at times to stop you from realize how comic cheesy things are in it. The same problems exist from the other issue, It is trying a little too hard to deep and meaningful, The art is inconsistent (I think it is a little better in end), Kwannon dominates focus a little too much at cost of her two castmates. X-23 is deferring to Psylocke a little much and it comes off like a little lost puppy at times . I think still X-23 fans were over complaining about things but they are clearly things wrongs with Laura in Fallen Angels. This is not the character who was in X-23 solo I get the annoyance at the regression of the character. I don't think problem is Kwannon teaching X-23 things, the problem has been imo X-23 is way less assertive and confident in this book.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-11-2019 at 01:30 AM.

This is a tough one. I am still interested in the antagonist and Kwannon, but I dislike Laura's portrayal here.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    did x23 have to be held back from killing a kid ? And why is their a white outline on the characters in parts, they look like stickers because of it
    end of spoilers

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Yeah, I thought she got a better handle on that from back in ANW. Granted, I'm still liking the buildup of Psylocke II's personality, but it tends to come off a shilling if her companions are dumbed down for her.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I can hear the furious typing of a half dozen of X23 fans all the way from here.
    Hahahaha. No wonder I kept waking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    spoilers:
    did x23 have to be held back from killing a kid ? And why is their a white outline on the characters in parts, they look like stickers because of it
    end of spoilers
    I could be wrong but I would say because the some backgrounds are being put in after the fact digitally or visa versa. I am no expert but it feels like stuff have been cut and pasted on stuck on backgrounds.This is my uneducated guess