Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Liu and Takeda would have been here
    That’s how you get a top selling Psylocke book. My brain would melt. Hope you’re reading Monstress!

Liu and Takeda would have been here. Hill has good concepts but the Kiwanna is better then everyon via nerfing x23 and cable(who fills the same role as a girl in a shonen manga) isnt working. If the power dynamic between them was better I think it would have been better
    Kwannon isn't a master to cable or Laura. Going solo would be better.

Liu and Takeda? that would be perfect, they made great work on Laura.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God Nathan isn't my kid. I'd want a refund.
    "Cable was right!"

Liu and Takeda would have been here. Hill has good concepts but the Kiwanna is better then everyon via nerfing x23 and cable(who fills the same role as a girl in a shonen manga) isnt working. If the power dynamic between them was better I think it would have been better
    Too bad Marvel gave Takeda the boot a while back, saying her style is too “manga”. I would have liked to have seen her version of Psylocke. And I know Liu would make Psylocke more than a walking fortune cookie.

Kwannon lecturing Laura about the need to pay attention to the enemy is pretty much, in a nut shell, what’s wrong with that whole relationship. Like that would ever actually happen in any other circumstance other than Hill’s need to force Kwannon into a mentor role for Laura with absurd “teaching moments”, oh and let’s not forget the cheesy tired dialogue about rage and generic statements about not having to hide her true self. Everything about that is bad, especially when Hill expects us to believe the assassin trained from birth and read The Art Of War as a bed time story as a child needs to be told to pay attention to the enemy, and sloppily almost kills a child.

Not crazy about the internal art, but I do love that cover. Story is still not hooking me either. I agree that so far the best parts were Kwannon interacting with Mags and Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God Nathan isn't my kid. I'd want a refund.
    he is being nerfed on DoX

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Too bad Marvel gave Takeda the boot a while back, saying her style is too “manga”. I would have liked to have seen her version of Psylocke. And I know Liu would make Psylocke more than a walking fortune cookie.
    I doubt that was it considering a lot of their talent are manga-influenced (like Ramos and the guy on Venom).

Marvel were most likely being prudes so she left. Remember the hentai tentacles.
    "Cable was right!"

I doubt that was it considering a lot of their talent are manga-influenced (like Ramos and the guy on Venom).

Marvel were most likely being prudes so she left. Remember the hentai tentacles.
    Her particular style is rather labor intensive, and she's already committed to Monstress.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Liu confirms it in an interview.

“Sana had gone through a similar journey, but in the opposite direction. After X-23, she couldn’t get work at Marvel or DC. They basically told her that her style was “too manga.” There was no room for her. So she started doing other things: designing, working for a gaming company, teaching. She thought, maybe, she wouldn’t ever do comics again.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...erview/539394/

“Sana had gone through a similar journey, but in the opposite direction. After X-23, she couldn’t get work at Marvel or DC. They basically told her that her style was “too manga.” There was no room for her. So she started doing other things: designing, working for a gaming company, teaching. She thought, maybe, she wouldn’t ever do comics again.”

Well that's pretty horrible.
    "Cable was right!"

I really must stop thinking "they'd never be that stupid", when clearly they would.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

How did marvel think this was bad
    original.jpg
    prv9124_pg5.jpg

original.jpg
    prv9124_pg5.jpg
    Too expensive. Erica Henderson is cheaper.
    "Cable was right!"

original.jpg
    prv9124_pg5.jpg
    No bad, but yes, Manga style, it isn't even subtle…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

TOO MANGA? What, does Marvel perceive Gurihiru artwork in turn as refreshingly TOO AME-COMI?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    No bad, but yes, Manga style, it isn't even subtle…
    Yes but the irony is that manga sells.
    "Cable was right!"