Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

My take on X-23 is admittedly biased but simple: she began as basically a fanfic OC from a cartoon right down to an edgy number for a name. She has developed from there into a more rich character and a fan favorite, fine, great; I enjoy her sometimes. But she is still young, and she cannot be all things to all people. Here, Psylocke is older, and a skilled assassin who has a unique perspective Laura is not familiar with among the X-Men.

I could get behind people taking issue with that Logan line in #1 Hill walked back. Beyond that? Laura’s contemporary characterization is so all over the place that I don’t find this iteration so shocking or appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    My take on X-23 is admittedly biased but simple: she began as basically a fanfic OC from a cartoon right down to an edgy number for a name. She has developed from there into a more rich character and a fan favorite, fine, great; I enjoy her sometimes. But she is still young, and she cannot be all things to all people. Here, Psylocke is older, and a skilled assassin who has a unique perspective Laura is not familiar with among the X-Men.

I could get behind people taking issue with that Logan line in #1 Hill walked back. Beyond that? Laura’s contemporary characterization is so all over the place that I don’t find this iteration so shocking or appalling.
    People are pissed because X-23 has accomplished more in the last two years than Kwannon has done in her whole life. If anything, Laura should be tutoring her. Laura was trained to be an extremely efficient assassin. Having someone with a quarter of her experience trying to mentor her is like a middle school math teacher trying to lecture Stephen Hawking on advanced algebra.

BANNED

I get why they’re pissed. I just don’t agree with it or care about it, and that’s why. I can line up ten X-23 fans and I think I’d get ten different answers on who she is, but most of them would involve this becoming a solo book.

BANNED

People need to understand these fictional characters are not real, are not their friends, dont need them to stick up for them or feel that theyve been disrespected or slighted. A character is a vehicle for a story and that story in turn serves as a vehicle to develop characters. Ppl didnt have a problem with Laura being mentored by Black Widow or Gambit or Tyger Tyger. Do they think Laura is thinking "this heifer has been in barely 10 issues in the 90s, I have had three ongoings so Im not going to follow her lead"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm not excited by this preview but I loved the previous issues. Hopeful this one is good too.

BANNED

X-23 needs to join the Avengers.

Okay am I the only who who feels this is just a stealth solo for Kwanon (However The **** you spell that) with Laura, and suicidal Cable as supporting cast?

BANNED

Gambit?! Lord.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I agree with the consensus in this thread, I am not the biggest fan of X-23 and even I gave this preview the side eye since when does she need to be trained on focus. This reeks of in order to develop Psylocke they are assigning Cable and X-23 to kids roles, roles they should never occupy.

Also, I'm over insinuations that it's something wrong with the readers because the writer is ill-equipped or incapable of writing specific characters.

BANNED

I just don’t think there is a consistent or universal characterization of X-23 most would be happy with at this point. So frankly I’m fine with Hill doing his own. And I like the relationship.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I can hear the furious typing of a half dozen of X23 fans all the way from here.
    lmfao lololol yea.. that's pretty bad and I dont even like the character lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

My issue is, she's young yes but she's been through more than Kwannon has. She's been dead this whole time while X-23 has been in so many deadly situations. And there's little to no doubt that she's more skilled than Kwannon is (Fallen Angels will probably show otherwise but that is going to be another dumb situation). This kind of argument doesn't really old if based on her age.

And what kind of unique perspective does Kwannon have? Other than being dead most of this time.

BANNED

I havent enjoyed Laura from 2010 to now and I love this new direction but Im ready to throw the damn baby with the bath water tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I havent enjoyed Laura from 2010 to now and I love this new direction but Im ready to throw the damn baby with the bath water tbh.
    What do you love about this "new" direction? Like, honestly she looks so... Weak? And generic.
    Last edited by Veitha; 12-05-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    X-23 needs to join the Avengers.
    The last time that happened she was used as a murder weapon and sent in to the hunger games