Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    TOO MANGA? What, does Marvel perceive Gurihiru artwork in turn as refreshingly TOO AME-COMI?
    Some people simply don't like the style. I won't deny Takeda's art was gorgeous, but I don't care for it, either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes but the irony is that manga sells.
    Not true manga had a bad year one piece only barely broke 14 million in new volumes (think trade paperback at 10 per volume that's 140 million in sales not counting jump subscribers money and puts out 4 or 5 new volumes year) this year, so it has to wait untill March to eclipse batmans life time total sales from comics and graphic novel, and trade combine. Do more sales in 22 years then batmans entire history is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This was baaad. Really bad.
    Horrible. I was like, “WTF did I just read here?” Painfully bad!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I gave it another re-read. Hill's dialogue is OK but I still can't buy this Kwannon mentoring Laura thing. The part where Kwannon says she doesn't feel like she belongs on Krakoa and all she has is this mission got me.

But Cable being useless and the bad art is dragging down the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Not true manga had a bad year one piece only barely broke 14 million in new volumes (think trade paperback at 10 per volume that's 140 million in sales not counting jump subscribers money and puts out 4 or 5 new volumes year) this year, so it has to wait untill March to eclipse batmans life time total sales from comics and graphic novel, and trade combine. Do more sales in 22 years then batmans entire history is bad
    I must've used the word "irony" wrong but I was trying to say that not hiring an artist cuz their art style is manga-like when manga sells is silly.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-11-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Some people simply don't like the style. I won't deny Takeda's art was gorgeous, but I don't care for it, either.
    That was just a excuse to not hire her. Marvel have some really bad decision on art direction

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    you think 14 millions is bad? for comics it is pretty great number, specially for only one series

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I must've used the word "irony" wrong but I was trying to say that not hiring an artist cuz their art style is manga-like when manga sells is silly.
    I believe that was a joke, the point being a "bad" year for manga, are sales of such excessive quantities that Marvel and DC could only dream of them.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That was just a excuse to not hire her. Marvel have some really bad decision on art direction
    Just because you don't like their reasoning doesn't make it an excuse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I believe that was a joke, the point being a "bad" year for manga, are sales of such quantities that Marvel and DC could only dream of.
    Preaty much, I dont know why but manga sales are crazy this year. Who would have thought using a animated series to boost intrest in current storyline while lowering the barrier to entry coupled with ensuing the reader can easily access hard copys would be good for sales ?
    Also how come one piece was able to trend on twitter each time a new chapter releases (chapters that didnt feature the main cast) for a month straight while comics haven't yet ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Liu confirms it in an interview.

“Sana had gone through a similar journey, but in the opposite direction. After X-23, she couldn’t get work at Marvel or DC. They basically told her that her style was “too manga.” There was no room for her. So she started doing other things: designing, working for a gaming company, teaching. She thought, maybe, she wouldn’t ever do comics again.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...erview/539394/
    **** em. Monstress is better than 99% of all the content in the Marvel and DC catalogues. Takeda is a mistress of the medium, and her work in Monstress will still be discussed long after most of the superhero detritus has been forgotten.

BANNED

Just because you don't like their reasoning doesn't make it an excuse.
    Excuse or piss poor decision. Take your pick. Takeda’s current critical and commercial success prove it was bad judgment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Excuse or piss poor decision. Take your pick. Takeda’s current critical and commercial success prove it was bad judgment.
    I don't care what sort of current success she has. I frankly don't care how GOOD the artist is. If their style doesn't appeal to the audience you're trying to attract it doesn't matter if they're Leonardo @#$%ing DaVinci. And don't even start about choice of target audience because that's an argument that we can have until we're all blue in the face.

BANNED

I don't care what sort of current success she has. I frankly don't care how GOOD the artist is. If their style doesn't appeal to the audience you're trying to attract it doesn't matter if they're Leonardo @#$%ing DaVinci. And don't even start about choice of target audience because that's an argument that we can have until we're all blue in the face.
    Again, the proof is in the pudding. You can defend their shortsightedness until YOU are blue in the face. Doesn’t change facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Liu confirms it in an interview.

“Sana had gone through a similar journey, but in the opposite direction. After X-23, she couldn’t get work at Marvel or DC. They basically told her that her style was “too manga.” There was no room for her. So she started doing other things: designing, working for a gaming company, teaching. She thought, maybe, she wouldn’t ever do comics again.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...erview/539394/
    ugly manga style

beautiful american comics style

Ive said it before but the artist can drawn every character well except Kwannon and she's the main star