Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

This was just tedious. I also didn't like the art on the figures reminded me very much of Greg Land. This is definitely the weakest book and i've lost pretty much all interest. I give this a 1 out of 5.

To elaborate there's just something stock about the art, or loosely traced feeling. It doesn't feel drawn.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you think 14 millions is bad? for comics it is pretty great number, specially for only one series
    For one piece its bad, now it has to wait a few more months to surpass batman total life time sales of comics graphic novels and trades combine, I mean managa sales are just in paperbacks,so having to release two more paperback to surpass batman the most popular and well know character with 80 years of comics will have to be done in 23 years not 22. It's sad isnt ? Really speaks to ODA as a created considering like all manga creators the story and art are done by him alone competing with (how many people worked on batman)

It's so bad nobody bother to create its own review topic.

this series has been so strange for me. I love some aspects and could definitely do without others. Like the forcibly edgy poetry/prose data pages....I’m really interested in the psylocke/Laura mentorship dynamic even if the execution’s been a little corny though. basically sticking around for Husk and whatever Psylocke lore they throw down for us. And maybe another Dazzler cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Noticed this

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    ugly manga style

beautiful american comics style
    LOL
    lots of shadow to distiguise the bad work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    For one piece its bad, now it has to wait a few more months to surpass batman total life time sales of comics graphic novels and trades combine, I mean managa sales are just in paperbacks,so having to release two more paperback to surpass batman the most popular and well know character with 80 years of comics will have to be done in 23 years not 22. It's sad isnt ? Really speaks to ODA as a created considering like all manga creators the story and art are done by him alone competing with (how many people worked on batman)
    People need to stop using the sales of One Piece when it was at its cultural zenith in 2009-2011 as the baseline for its sales.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-12-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    People need to stop using the sales of One Piece when it was at its cultural zenith in 2009-2011 as the baseline for its sales.
    Also fans like consistency. It's easier for a book to sell imo with one writer and one artist on it that is known for quality than the uncertainty of quality with the ups and downs of creative changes and story direction changes. People are less likely to jump off a naruto or one piece that is constant in it's overall direction than a book that changes every few months.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-12-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i like how kudranski’s style feels very mid-2000s pc shooter, kind of like that spider-man show they did way back that maybe no one else remembers...anyways it’s a double edged sword; fun in a kitschy way that fits the tone of the book, but felt rushed this issue and occasionally (I hate to say it) Land-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive said it before but the artist can drawn every character well except Kwannon and she's the main star
    haha. you aren’t wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was just tedious. I also didn't like the art on the figures reminded me very much of Greg Land. This is definitely the weakest book and i've lost pretty much all interest. I give this a 1 out of 5.

To elaborate there's just something stock about the art, or loosely traced feeling. It doesn't feel drawn.
    YES glad someone felt me on this. I only really noticed anything this issue so it’s probably something to do with double-shipping deadlines idk

Astonishing Member

Random theory from Twitter/Xavier files article , the guy with kid cable is og man cable,
    also the text for next issue is nymph so any ideat what that means ?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

The elements seem to be drawn separately and 'patched' together… There are outlines around characters. It looks like 'bonding', the elements don't blend well and the result is rather static.
    Ah, the time when artists didn't have any technology shortcurts… the publishers had to wait.
    Now, it's all about 'pretty effects'…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

nymph could mean literally anything at this point. I’m not sure what seppuku had to do with this issue at all, literally or thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Random theory from Twitter/Xavier files article , the guy with kid cable is og man cable,
    also the text for next issue is nymph so any ideat what that means ?
    In biology, a nymph is the immature form of some invertebrates, particularly insects, which undergoes gradual metamorphosis (hemimetabolism) before reaching its adult stage.

Probably we will see more of Kwannon's past.

oh, interesting. I’m a lot more excited to pick it up lol

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    If I was feeling well I would've done it. Maybe later.
    "Cable was right!"