Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How can you tell the penciler spent time practicing figure drawings when the anatomy's bad in most of the full body shots and the other time it's close-ups of faces?
    "Cable was right!"

This might be the first X book I drop
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'm sorry but this book just feels so 1990s WPIX Saturday afternoon dubbed chinese movie of the week cliche.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I could care less about the X-23 stuff but this art is ruining the book for me. I really hope the next book Kwannon is in she'll get a decent costume update.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I could care less about the X-23 stuff but this art is ruining the book for me. I really hope the next book Kwannon is in she'll get a decent costume update.
    I'm afraid not.

Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How can you tell the penciler spent time practicing figure drawings when the anatomy's bad in most of the full body shots and the other time it's close-ups of faces?
    by the proportions of the drawn figures. plus they have lips and a skeletal structure. they don't appear to be flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    by the proportions of the drawn figures. plus they have lips and a skeletal structure. they don't appear to be flat.
    yep. Basic drawing 101

I'm not an artist, so maybe I'm wrong, but Cable's proportions look so off. The poses and everything are so weird. His butt is gigantic and he's not Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm not an artist, so maybe I'm wrong, but Cable's proportions look so off. The poses and everything are so weird. His butt is gigantic and he's not Bishop.
    i'll still take it over this.

technically, it's a great drawing. but i hate it. it's just a bunch of lines that someone prettied up with color. and it bores me.

technically, it's a great drawing. but i hate it. it's just a bunch of lines. and it bores me.
    I'd take that as an example of good drawing instead. Different tastes I suppose

technically, it's a great drawing. but i hate it. it's just a bunch of lines that someone prettied up with color. and it bores me.
    I'm having a damn stroke.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd take that as an example of good drawing instead. Different tastes I suppose
    yeah, that's what i said. but you said that the other poses were strange. try holding a champagne bottle like Kate. she looks like she's leaning on an invisible couch. and why is there so much difference between her nose and upper lip? is she from Whoville? what kind of fabric is in that coat?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm having a damn stroke.
    then you know how i feel looking at it.

yeah, that's what i said. but you said that the other poses were strange. try holding a champagne bottle like Kate. she looks like she's leaning on an invisible couch. and why is there so much difference between her nose and upper lip? is she from Whoville? what kind of fabric is in that coat?

then you know how i feel looking at it.
    That's a big bottle. I'd raise my elbow too hahaha

That's one of the options of how you throw out alcohol from those bottles anyway. It's possible and she just twisting her hand so her knuckles are visible. She has a small nose. Big deal

Now we have the Cable panel where his ass is prominent when it should be narrower than his upper body from that angle and his right leg looks twice as long as his left one.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

(Technically isn't that what most figurative drawing is, lol?)

But honestly, I find that a pretty high standard: Expressive, detailed, pretty well composed. The only nit-pick is the arm holding the champagne bottle there, I feel like it was supposed to be resting on a cabinet that didn't make the cut?

Love how ya can see the brush-strokes in the door though!