Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

This was baaad. Really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    spoilers:
    did x23 have to be held back from killing a kid ?
    end of spoilers
    Seriously? Glad I dropped the book then.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

spoilers:
    did x23 have to be held back from killing a kid ?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    AND she was practically getting off on tearing the robot he was in apart.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    did x23 have to be held back from killing a kid ? And why is their a white outline on the characters in parts, they look like stickers because of it
    end of spoilers
    The art is 3d modeled and traced, so he might be copying and pastinga nd didn't had time to finish. Really odd effect

Art is terrible and Laura characterization suffers a lot

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

sounds like it was good I dropped it last issue. The art is bad.

X-23 is not protrayed how she should be. Her solo book was amazing.

There is nothing to like about Kwannon. She is like a teen angst story.

If she is so pissed off about being a prisoner for all those years, why would she wear the thong costume as a constant reminder of it?

This book is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    sounds like it was good I dropped it last issue. The art is bad.

X-23 is not protrayed how she should be. Her solo book was amazing.

There is nothing to like about Kwannon. She is like a teen angst story.

If she is so pissed off about being a prisoner for all those years, why would she wear the thong costume as a constant reminder of it?

This book is garbage.
    Argh the cool things they could have done with Kwannon instead of this! Just give her a miniseries and let her explore herself and be her own person finally. But they went the sensei Psylocke route instead.

Spectacular Member

Honestly after 3 issues I feel like the book is good in itself and the problem are more with fans of a character not liking how the character acts in the story than story itself. The art isn’t bad, it’s different from the usual American super hero comic but that doesn’t mean it’s bad, people should widen their horizon art wise; super hero comics readers’ tastes are really limited and often they confuse what they are used to with what it is good art.

BANNED

I didn’t think this was bad, but I am starting to get bored. The art isn’t surprising me anymore. The writing has zero levels. It’s just feeling very monotonous now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    Kwannon seems to be being written into age old Asian stereotypes. This seems like the "knowledgeable sensei" trope.
    Yep; Maybe Mariko Tamaki could do better with Kwannon, more 3d way

This wasnt bad. But the writer is elevating 'Kwannon' at the expense of the other characters.

People were complaining about the close up on the eyes. That didnt really bother me. But I really noticed it this issue.

She basically came back to life/her body as if nothing has happened.

They could have done so much with 'Kwannon' but le sigh. This version is not for me.

That villian design looked cool imo though
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-11-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Honestly after 3 issues I feel like the book is good in itself and the problem are more with fans of a character not liking how the character acts in the story than story itself. The art isn’t bad, it’s different from the usual American super hero comic but that doesn’t mean it’s bad, people should widen their horizon art wise; super hero comics readers’ tastes are really limited and often they confuse what they are used to with what it is good art.
    The art is really bad. Many weird faces, too many shades, weird poses, close ups.

Character is part of the story, and the only thing anyone has a reason for a long term investment in; none of the rest of the stuff is really going to matter.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I think the story in itself is boring. It's so unoriginal, and we've had entire issues of nothing (this issue featured a single fight that ended fast and then talk talk talk that added almost nothing to the story itself).

The characters not acting like themselves is also a bad feature.

I'm still liking the writing, but I'll be honest, the best thing about the first two issues were Psylocke's interactions with Sinister and Magneto. So the book at very least needs more Sinister. The actual story is "okay" though. The art though is getting sloppier and less coherent which is really sad, as I really loved the first issue and was hoping this would be a must read series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yep; Maybe Mariko Tamaki could do better with Kwannon, more 3d way
    Liu and Takeda would have been good here. Hill has good concepts but the Kiwanna is better then everyon via nerfing x23 and cable(who fills the same role as a girl in a shonen manga) isnt working. If the power dynamic between them was better I think it would have been better
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-11-2019 at 08:27 AM.