Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 200
  1. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    People can also live at the bottom of the Marianas Trench with Jimi Hendrix and Freddie Mercury if the writer said they could. Doesn't make it good writing, or believable.
    Well, we'd have to see that to really judge it, wouldn't we?

  2. #107
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Well, we'd have to see that to really judge it, wouldn't we?
    Not really, no. If all you have to defend yourself is that the plot actively demands it happen, that's objectively bad writing.

  3. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not really, no. If all you have to defend yourself is that the plot actively demands it happen, that's objectively bad writing.
    So how is it different from anything else? It's all in the realm of possibility. It's the exact same thing as saying "Mutants and humans can't live in peace because the plot demands." Or, in the case of HOX/POX, Hickman writing "All mutants are united because I say so."

    In any case, I'm not engaging anymore; you're just looking for a fight and I won't give it.

  4. #109
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    So how is it different from anything else? It's all in the realm of possibility. It's the exact same thing as saying "Mutants and humans can't live in peace because the plot demands." Or, in the case of HOX/POX, Hickman writing "All mutants are united because I say so."

    In any case, I'm not engaging anymore; you're just looking for a fight and I won't give it.
    Because one of the primary tenets of writing a story is to have your audience actively believe in the premise. If all your premise is defended by is "because I say so" then there is no audience investment.

    And I'm not looking for a fight. You're the one arguing in every thread for the sake of being contrarian.

  5. #110
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    "Because plot" can be damned cheap sometimes.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

    The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

  6. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because one of the primary tenets of writing a story is to have your audience actively believe in the premise. If all your premise is defended by is "because I say so" then there is no audience investment.

    And I'm not looking for a fight. You're the one arguing in every thread for the sake of being contrarian.
    Last post: Hickman did exactly this.

  7. #112
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Last post: Hickman did exactly this.
    No, he didn't. He spent all of HoX/PoX setting it up, and gave plausible reasons for why Krakoa works. It is heavily defended, it provides a reason for humans not to attack it, and provides a reason to be there. Your theoretical settlement has none of those aspects. If mutants could find shelter anywhere, Krakoa wouldn't be needed.

  8. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No, he didn't. He spent all of HoX/PoX setting it up, and gave plausible reasons for why Krakoa works. It is heavily defended, it provides a reason for humans not to attack it, and provides a reason to be there. Your theoretical settlement has none of those aspects. If mutants could find shelter anywhere, Krakoa wouldn't be needed.
    And yet it still amounted to "All mutants are united because I said so," "Moira is a mutant because I said so," He set up a retcon as much as he did an island.

    Besides, who said anything about it working on a larger scale? It could happen, let's not discount there might be pockets where mutants might be alright and comfortable. Or they might just not wanna go.

  9. #114
    Mighty Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    It looks like Glob thought Armor was a buzzkill and decided to dance with Pixie.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It looks like Glob thought Armor was a buzzkill and decided to dance with Pixie.
    Glob just trying to expand his harem.

  11. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Beak, Angel, and their small army of chicken insects can protect Krakoa better than Sage and her windows vista security system.
    I'm screaming

  12. #117
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Dude, it's just the vibes that kind of language and tone brings up for me, personally ok? There's a lot of religious overtones in regards to Krakoa that people are gonna take in different ways depending on their experiences. Please don't be so rude about it.
    Oh Duuuude No disrespect intended. My total Bad. It was a genuine observation and curiosity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    She just wants everyone else here because she says that it's directly impacting her happiness. Maybe it does come from a genuine place, but that's how it reads right now; not unlike someone who goes out to recruit others to their church.
    Hmm okay I guuuess I can see how you can read it that way. Thanks for answering
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    And hell, what if they did find nice communities where they feel safe and settled?
    I mean I'm not saying Mutants outside of Krakoa can't be happy or pocket communities where Mutants can safely live are nonexistent...I mean they have to...I don't think eeeeerrrvrry mutant is on Krakoa..
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I mean I'm not saying Mutants outside of Krakoa can't be happy or pocket communities where Mutants can safely live are nonexistent...I mean they have to...I don't think eeeeerrrvrry mutant is on Krakoa..
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying too. So Armour's want to "Bring them here because it'd make me happy," rings a little iffy to me right now from what I've seen in the preview.

  14. #119

    Default

    It's funny how just a mutant wanting to see her former teammates join her homeland sparks up some controversy now when a few years ago the Inhumans were letting a cloud roam free around the world turning everyone into Inhumans and inviting them into their creepy monarchist society

  15. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It's funny how just a mutant wanting to see her former teammates join her homeland sparks up some controversy now when a few years ago the Inhumans were letting a cloud roam free around the world turning everyone into Inhumans and inviting them into their creepy monarchist society
    Eh, YMMV on whether Krakoa rings creepy in the same way or not. I find the religious overtones creepy, sure, plus the unquestioned happiness in all but a few involved and ya do gotta wonder about the whole 'Psychic Energy thing.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •