Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It was at least strongly hinted that it was a combination of Quire telepathically stirring **** up, and the drug Kick (which he was handing out to his fellow rioters) making people even more excitable that brought things to a head, so it's *possible* that Glob could have a bit of an out, in that almost everyone involved was out of their mind at the time (if not being flat-out mind-whammied), but instead of going into this, it all sort of got swept under the rug by everyone after Morrison. (IIRC, I think it was Morrison that introduced them...)
    Yeah, but then he sided with the villains again in WatXM, without the excuse of Quire. I think it could be spun that Glob's not evil, just a follower who doesn't do a lot of thinking for himself, but that still doesn't do a lot to make me want to read about someone woobifying the see-through turncoat.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-07-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, but then he sided with the villains again in WatXM, without the excuse of Quire. I think it could be spun that Glob's not evil, just a follower who doesn't do a lot of thinking for himself, but that still doesn't do a lot to make me want to read about someone woobifying the see-through turncoat.
    Glob seems to be more of a writer pet character than readers favorite.
    he appears so often that one might thing he is a readers fave.

He did some bad things and never paid for it.

Mighty Member

For me personally, I think why I do not like Glob and other characters like him is because these non humanoid or unique mutants often play stand in for characters of color with in the franchise. I really just want characters like Synch, Risque, Triage, Hijack, CeCe Reyes, Jetstretam, M twins, etc to get a real shot at development. It shouldnt be that hard to have mutants who happen to be Asian, Black, Indigenous, Latinx, multiracial, queer and/or disabled get some love on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    And they really aren't safe on the island either. They've had two terrorist attacks in just a couple weeks now!
    and there is what 50 casualties maybe?? Now imagine how hi that number there would be if the the mutants were conveniently huddled together in a large house

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It was at least strongly hinted that it was a combination of Quire telepathically stirring **** up, and the drug Kick (which he was handing out to his fellow rioters) making people even more excitable that brought things to a head, so it's *possible* that Glob could have a bit of an out, in that almost everyone involved was out of their mind at the time (if not being flat-out mind-whammied)
    I don't even think mind control would br a defense for his actions, every single one of the other rioters went through some sort of disciplinary comeuppence. QQ died, while Radian his sister Tattoo and Redneck all served time for their involvement. Only Glob escapes unscathed, free to Glob up panel spsce....Glob onto characters storylined....etc leaves globe to just globe on the people storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    For me personally, I think why I do not like Glob and other characters like him is because these non humanoid or unique mutants often play stand in for characters of color with in the franchise. I really just want characters like Synch, Risque, Triage, Hijack, CeCe Reyes, Jetstretam, M twins, etc to get a real shot at development. It shouldnt be that hard to have mutants who happen to be Asian, Black, Indigenous, Latinx, multiracial, queer and/or disabled get some love on the regular.
    yes yes Lawd
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but why do so many people hate Glob so much?
    Because of his first appearance and the things he did-now being written as a poor character you should feel sorry for?? and because he is only a pet character of Brisson who tosses him in every damn comic book he writes, even if it doesn't make any sense. it's annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Also this ^

Before hearing all this I liked Glob as a go-too example of a mutant who couldn't hide his powers and wasn't a supermodel. Gonna rethink that. And now that you point it out, he is kind of a stand in for characters of color or sexuality in that regard.

Every single second QQ is on panel I want to punch him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I'm calling it now - Armor doesn't like being couped up on Krakoa.
    She's looking for an excuse to get out of there and do some other things, and if that excuse is to "invite" others over, then so be it.

Her conversation with Glob just kinda feels forced, almost manipulative.
    Armor: "This place..."
    Glob: "I love it"
    Armor: "I know, its... great"
    That almost sounds like she'd have said its "boring" if he didn't immediately say "I love it".

Her line about them just, "hiding together, but still hiding" back at the mansion, even though that's exactly the same for the Island.

And the way she's trying to pitch to him the idea of going out and looking for everyone else - WHILE at a party.
    And the next shot showing that he's off partying - He's clearly enjoying himself on the island, while she's trying to convince him to leave it and do something else.
    Everyone's enjoying themselves on the island, and she's literally reading through the mutant roster trying to find an excuse for going out.

I'm calling it now - Armor's stir-crazy.
    Im thinking they are still going with her personality from gold which in sense can bring more trouble than needed

I really enjoyed seeing Sage here. I also want to see Beak and Angel. They could have been the next big X-men love story, they could have been the next Scott and Jean but nooo the X-office just didn't have it in for Beak and Angel and their epic adventure style romance.

Imagine them two experiencing something similar to Scott and Jean on the moon. Beak and Angel had so much potential. We could still be shipping them instead of worrying about Jean, Scott, Logan, and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't even think mind control would br a defense for his actions, every single one of the other rioters went through some sort of disciplinary comeuppence. QQ died, while Radian his sister Tattoo and Redneck all served time for their involvement. Only Glob escapes unscathed, free to Glob up panel spsce....Glob onto characters storylined....etc leaves globe to just globe on the people storylines
    Glob was punished too. After the riot he was out of the books for several years while he did his time and community service, didn't return until the San Francisco era IIRC.

He was forgiven pretty quickly for the Hellfire Academy betrayal during the Schism era though.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I really enjoyed seeing Sage here. I also want to see Beak and Angel. They could have been the next big X-men love story, they could have been the next Scott and Jean but nooo the X-office just didn't have it in for Beak and Angel and their epic adventure style romance.

Imagine them two experiencing something similar to Scott and Jean on the moon. Beak and Angel had so much potential. We could still be shipping them instead of worrying about Jean, Scott, Logan, and Emma.
    I think you are being too optimistic to the couple beak/angel

So, do we think/know if this preview is a little interlude or B plot to the adventures of Berto & Illyana, or is the whole issue like this? Does one artist do the Earth scenes and the first one do the Shi'ar ones?

Fantastic Member

Not a fan of Glob at all. I say use characters like: Pixie. Surge. Dust. Hellion. Mercury. Rockslide. Match

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

And Tom Corsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    So, do we think/know if this preview is a little interlude or B plot to the adventures of Berto & Illyana, or is the whole issue like this? Does one artist do the Earth scenes and the first one do the Shi'ar ones?
    This issue, and I think the next one, are an Earth interlude. I'm eager for it, but its really bizarrely placed. We get back to Illyana in a couple issues.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Jumbo Carnation as a coke freak fashion designer whose resurrection mutant power means he can only sleep while dead, spends every night creating clothing too scorching for this filthy world, while simultaneously searching for more decadent and depraved ways to kill himself. Buttermilk babylon. Sundays with Sabertooth. The electric piston pistola popsicle pavement pounder. Eat and drink him. WEAR him.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."