Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

She should’ve just keep her buzz cut.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It's funny how just a mutant wanting to see her former teammates join her homeland sparks up some controversy now when a few years ago the Inhumans were letting a cloud roam free around the world turning everyone into Inhumans and inviting them into their creepy monarchist society
    That’s what happens when you start scrapping at the very, VERY bottom of the barrel for complaints against fascist, cultish Krakoa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

She should’ve just keep her buzz cut.

That’s what happens when you start scrapping at the very, VERY bottom of the barrel for complaints against fascist, cultish Krakoa
    It does still kinda remind me of a cult to be honest. It's got that kinda vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Eh, YMMV on whether Krakoa rings creepy in the same way or not. I find the religious overtones creepy, sure, plus the unquestioned happiness in all but a few involved and ya do gotta wonder about the whole 'Psychic Energy thing.'
    Well, Attilan adheres to a strict monarchy on penalty of death. Attilan keeps slaves. Inhumans aren't actually hunted down in 616 by humans 24/7 but are in fact welcomed by virtually everyone.

But other than those minor things, not a lot of difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, Attilan adheres to a strict monarchy on penalty of death. Attilan keeps slaves. Inhumans aren't actually hunted down in 616 by humans 24/7 but are in fact welcomed by virtually everyone.

But other than those minor things, not a lot of difference.
    And Krakoa's keeping Sabretooth in a hellish stasis underneath the ground and feeding off its inhabitants; no society's perfect.

It does still kinda remind me of a cult to be honest. It's got that kinda vibe.
    The constant partying is just adolescent exuberance.

BANNED

The constant partying is just adolescent exuberance.
    Not the partying, that's cool; it's more the religious-like ceremonies and constant euphoria/blessed-be Krakoa attitude going on. Plus I'm still wary of the Psychic Energy thing...I get it's an exchange but...Just creeps me out so far, alright?

Not the partying, that's cool; it's more the religious-like ceremonies and constant euphoria/blessed-be Krakoa attitude going on. Plus I'm still wary of the Psychic Energy thing...I get it's an exchange but...Just creeps me out so far, alright?
    Sure. You have that right.

BANNED

Sure. You have that right.
    Thank you, much appreciated.

But I thought Krakoa stealing everyone's psychic energy was pretty much intentionally creepy/sardonic, like a lot of the content in the data pages so far

BANNED

But I thought Krakoa stealing everyone's psychic energy was pretty much intentionally creepy/sardonic, like a lot of the content in the data pages so far
    Yeah? So it's still creepy...? What's your point?

Like if they went into on panel, yeah, ok, I can buy that, but until then it's just kinda setting me on edge a bit.

Like if they went into on panel, yeah, ok, I can buy that, but until then it's just kinda setting me on edge a bit.
    I tis very creepy and dangerous

Eh just saying that it's odd to use the eeriness of Krakoa as a knockdown against the current direction of the books when it's actually a part of the whole premise of it?

BANNED

Eh just saying that it's odd to use the eeriness of Krakoa as a knockdown against the current direction of the books when it's actually a part of the whole premise of it?
    Yeah, that's one of the points I don't like? How it doesn't have to be so creepy?

It's funny how just a mutant wanting to see her former teammates join her homeland sparks up some controversy now when a few years ago the Inhumans were letting a cloud roam free around the world turning everyone into Inhumans and inviting them into their creepy monarchist society
    Mutants can't have nice things lol
    I find the religious overtones creepy, sure, plus the unquestioned happiness in all but a few involved
    Did you grow up in church?
    ya do gotta wonder about the whole 'Psychic Energy thing.'
    I meeeean Krakoa was intro 40 years ago were it fed on the 07 almost killing them. Sooo it was a surprise when the X-Men colonized it in Wolverine and the X-Men but that was yeeears ago kinda silly to worry now. Kinda like those Fans waiting for Emma Frost to drop the act and reveal her diabolical plan complete with "Bwahaha" laughter despite her being on the side of Angels for 30+ years
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Did you grow up in church?

I meeeean Krakoa was intro 40 years ago were it fed on the 07 almost killing them. Sooo it was a surprise when the X-Men colonized it in Wolverine and the X-Men but that was yeeears ago kinda silly to worry now. Kinda like those Fans waiting for Emma Frost to drop the act and reveal her diabolical plan complete with "Bwahaha" laughter despite her being on the side of Angels for 30+ years
    Private religious school whose teachers were emotionally abusive and would often gaslight the students. Church was part of that and, no, it wasn't a pleasant experience. Can't separate those feelings from the vibes I'm getting from the dialogue, i.e, the whole 'blessed be Krakoa' and 'let's go recruit others' vibe.

Also, that was Krakoa JR, the son of the original Krakoa I believe; I don't think it actually operated in the same manner. It's not silly though; it's taking energy from the characters' brains and giving them headaches when that's interrupted. That in itself is worrying; it's not unreasonable to think how else it could affect people. Hey, we might not see it, but until I see it on panel I reserve the right to be creeped out and wary.