Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Wow. If I didn't know any better I'd say sungila's piece reminded me of a character monologue written by Nasu for Type-Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    And yet, to define oneself in defiance to a future that one knows or believes to be the end...is heroic...it's also really progressive and mutant...
    ...and frickin' SHIROU EMIYA...
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    ...That's weirdly uplifting in its' own way? Thanks for that!
    Thank you! Discussing this issue with you added a lot to my appreciation of it's content. And, I really do appreciate your thoughtful consideration, and you actually...um, responding to me, actually at all.

The best responses to any statement are encouraging questions.
    Weirdly uplifting? I like that.

Do you think colouring your reactions or responses to comics with your own personal experience is problematic? Because I wonder if good reading is sort of...like that...and a good reader...um, well, is or could be...for me, the POV in a every panel...plot points might just be kinda like...places to take it all in...a view...anyway thank you DDD.

I'm interested in what #4 does and if our interest in the outside/inside will be increasingly important to the books as they encounter conflict and approach in continuity connection with the rest of Marvel U and the incoming tide of all-cannon rises up to these strange new shores...

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Wow. If I didn't know any better I'd say sungila's piece reminded me of a character monologue written by Nasu for Type-Moon.
    ...and frickin' SHIROU EMIYA...
    I don't understand this at all.
    or who you're even talking to

are you trying to say something to me by talking to yourself about me?

that's a creepy thing to do Mr. Londo
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I was just saying the wording of your post reminded me of the first-person character narration for the visual novels made by Type-Moon, chief among them "Fate/Stay Night" and its main character Shirou Emiya.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I was just saying the wording of your post reminded me of the first-person character narration for the visual novels made by Type-Moon, chief among them "Fate/Stay Night" and its main character Shirou Emiya.
    Oh. I goggled it. And I, um, thank you I think. Thanks.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Thank you! Discussing this issue with you added a lot to my appreciation of it's content. And, I really do appreciate your thoughtful consideration, and you actually...um, responding to me, actually at all.

The best responses to any statement are encouraging questions.
    Weirdly uplifting? I like that.

Do you think colouring your reactions or responses to comics with your own personal experience is problematic? Because I wonder if good reading is sort of...like that...and a good reader...um, well, is or could be...for me, the POV in a every panel...plot points might just be kinda like...places to take it all in...a view...anyway thank you DDD.

I'm interested in what #4 does and if our interest in the outside/inside will be increasingly important to the books as they encounter conflict and approach in continuity connection with the rest of Marvel U and the incoming tide of all-cannon rises up to these strange new shores...
    In a way, I suppose? I must apologise though, I'm not really sure how you mean? I mean, in a way it's kind of instinctive, ya know? Something on panel reminds me of something I've either been through or am going through and, for that alone, it does resonate with me...but part of that comes from how the character handles it--how I see them struggle and overcome, if they can, provides a means to sort of start approaching, dealing with or even just rationalising what happened...but obviously that's not always a clear cut case. Sometimes something will remind me of something I found very terrible, but it's viewed in narrative as the opposite of that and, when it does so, I need much more convincing as to why. Why is it so wonderful, show it to me, let me experience and understand too, ya know? If the narrative fails in that respect that's where it becomes frustrating, regardless of outside intrigue, for me anyway. (If that's what you meant?)

When I was writing about the psychology behind comic books though, for my dissertation, I found that this wasn't totally an uncommon thing? It's part of why we love these characters; we find parts of ourselves we identify with first and, as their world-view grows, in a way, so does our's. It was a really fascinating chapter, actually, but I can't remember if it was Scott Mc'Cloud that brought it up or one of the others.