Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 200
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Based on her last interactions with Beak and Angel in Morrison's run, I can understand her not being particularly thrilled about either of them being around.
    That was all Esme’s fault.

  2. #17
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    11,191

    Default

    Glob + The Search for Beak = Hard Pass.
    The art's OK, though.
    Don't the mutants ever get tired of this nonstop party or does Krakoa have special mutant MDMA for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  3. #18
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    whoa whoa whoa is this issue going to answer the depowered mutant question??

  4. #19
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the people's republic of san francisco
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Phew I am not feeling this art.

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    I’m fine with all this. Esp the art and Brisson’s Tessa.

  6. #21
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    the people's republic of san francisco
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Getting (yet) another Glob agonistes after the gorgeous Deathbird intro in the last page last issue is a cliff drop-off of Wile E. Coyote proportions

    Isn't Beak fathering offspring? Let him be.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Don't the mutants ever get tired of this nonstop party or does Krakoa have special mutant MDMA for that?
    Pixie is spiking the water supply

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    whoa whoa whoa is this issue going to answer the depowered mutant question??
    Beak was repowered by Mothervine in X-Men Blue, let's see if anyone was paying attention

  8. #23
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    The art isn't my personal style, but it's so expressive and bright that I'm enjoying it more than I normally would.

    Angel and Beak are my jam. The fact that they're the first mission is selling me on this concept, even if we're using the Pale Twins to do it.

  9. #24
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,308

    Default

    Remember when Armor and Mercury used to have that enemies-to-friends thing? I miss that.

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    475

    Default

    I don't like Armor's hair - The hime cut is pretty much her only distinguishing physical marker, and doing away with it just makes her harder to recognize.
    I definitely don't like Armor's wardrobe - Never really showing much skin is one of the few consistent thing about her across almost all of her appearances.
    And I never got any impression that she viewed being a mutant as negative in any way - Her very first on screen appearance has her calling mutants seeking a cure "losers" and outright stating she's only really in the institute because she wants to be an X-man - which makes sense for an Alpha level mutant with zero negative side effects to her highly useful power.

    It's possible that last part is just her trying to butter Glob up for her project by trying to present a more sympathetic attitude (Glob is EXACTLY the kind of mutant who would likely view it as a curse) but it's still out of character.

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    I don't remember Armor having a character beyond Kitty Pryde Generic #7 (soon dethroned by the flopsweat Pixie Push of the late 2000s, and she had a bit more personality herself) so these pages are fine by me.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Based on her last interactions with Beak and Angel in Morrison's run, I can understand her not being particularly thrilled about either of them being around.
    Sage needs an aluminum bat to her hard drive
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I don't like Armor's hair - The hime cut is pretty much her only distinguishing physical marker, and doing away with it just makes her harder to recognize.
    I definitely don't like Armor's wardrobe - Never really showing much skin is one of the few consistent thing about her across almost all of her appearances.
    And I never got any impression that she viewed being a mutant as negative in any way - Her very first on screen appearance has her calling mutants seeking a cure "losers" and outright stating she's only really in the institute because she wants to be an X-man - which makes sense for an Alpha level mutant with zero negative side effects to her highly useful power.

    It's possible that last part is just her trying to butter Glob up for her project by trying to present a more sympathetic attitude (Glob is EXACTLY the kind of mutant who would likely view it as a curse) but it's still out of character.
    Ugh that's Armor?? Whyyyy they make her like generic angsty brunette teen #07???
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #28
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,190

    Default

    Ok, what is with these bonfire parties. There has to be something else to do on the island. Get a classic X-Men baseball game going or something.

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Krakoa likes dem boys in baseball pants too much

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    The GOAT is finally here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •