Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hmmm.
    While it's not so egregious as some here would have the world believe...I do wish they'd gone for an art-style and colour palette complimentary to Rod Reis'.
    Although...I get why HCo. might have decided to go this way...so as to give both sides of the story their own distinct look and feel.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-06-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Armor has long hair and Karma was short hair. Pretty easy to tell them apart
    Armor is sometimes drawn with a bob like Karma's - it happened in X-Men Gold (Hisako seemed to have a different hair length every time a different artist drew her). And in this case, they're in the same book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Oh yay. Glob *and* Beak! Double joy, like a kidney stone *and* a migraine, at the same time. Need to get Bird-Brain up in here, I could use some acid reflux to spice things up.

Man, that second issue, tho. So awesome!

I feel you Sutekh. But I'm willing to give them a bone and keep reading. But sheesh...

I really wonder why he likes Glob so much. I get the whole "physical mutation that makes him ugly but he's nice inside" thing (he tried to murder a bunch of humans but yeah), but we've already been through that story. Like, for a while. We get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    The mutant with plaid shorts, shutter shades, and beaded jewelry is a f****** disgrace and should be offered up to Selene.
    Dude Dead Ass That's literally what I'm wearing now
    LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Way too preachy for my liking.
    Damn Dude it's just the preview
    buuuut what do you think they're preaching???
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

HER MIND~~~!

It repowered mutants and gave them unstable secondary mutations. But they are still mutants by the end as it’s just reactivating the X-Gene. Beak even re-enrolled by the end of Blue and showed up to fight X-Man.

Ugh, call me a fanboy or whatever but God I loved how Morrison's dialogue was always character specific, down to earth, with a hint of intellectual snobbery just for kicks. It's something that no one at least writers on the X-men have been able to emulate!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Maybe the vibes she's giving off that "all mutants must go to Krakoa and those who are ambivalent really just need plenty of convincing." That preachiness.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Maybe the vibes she's giving off that "all mutants must go to Krakoa and those who are ambivalent really just need plenty of convincing." That preachiness.
    Pretty much that; it reminds me too much of bad experiences in a religious school.

"You need more faith," which always meant "You're not allowed to disagree." The dialogue here gives the same vibe. Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Pretty much that; it reminds me too much of bad experiences in a religious school.

"You need more faith," which always meant "You're not allowed to disagree." The dialogue here gives the same vibe. Not fun.
    She's doing the good krakoan work. Bringing the heathens to the light and promised Land.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She's doing the good krakoan work. Bringing the heathens to the light and promised Land.
    You don't help by making it creepier. Ya know that, right?

Glob aside this is actually a very interesting concept. One of the main problem HOX/POX is everyone just follows and believes in Krakoa. Seeing the standouts is gonna be fun. I'd love to see them try and convince Molly Hayes!! Speed and Wiccan are also 2 I'd like to see addressed, Franklin too but honestly I don't think it needs a whole mini series to get a yes or no out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Seeing the standouts is gonna be fun. I'd love to see them try and convince Molly Hayes!!
    You know, I was figuring she would tell them to BTFO, but they could bait her with the promise to bring her parents back. Not as mindless clones, this time.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    “Yeah. Don’t rush.”

Wow...okay? Sorry Sage, not everyone is an alpha or omega. I think this is an example of mutant class snobbery.
    I read that more as her telling Hisako not to rush back since she didn’t need or want the distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    You know, I was figuring she would tell them to BTFO, but they could bait her with the promise to bring her parents back. Not as mindless clones, this time.
    They'd still be clones but that's a whole other discussion.