Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

That is a complete shock to me to see Marauders outside of the top 10. Was expecting that to sell big and more then Fallen Angels for sure. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for Fallen Angels but definitely didn’t expect it to sell well.
    Last edited by RD155; 12-06-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    That is a complete shock to me to see Marauders outside of the top 10. Was expecting that to sell big and more then Fallen Angels for sure.
    Number 1's don't count, and #1 Marauders came out in October.

Edit: It was in the top 10.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-06-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Arent you being a bit over entusiastic about numbers 1?
    Not to disagree, but X-Men #2 did do better than ASM. Yes, still too early, but still not a bad sign either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Not on top 10.
    Wow I’m surprise New Mutants took the number 1 spot. The artwork was the definitely gorgeous and the storyline has that “90s NBC Thursday sitcom vibes.” I was expecting XForce 1 to top the charts. I love the suspense and pacing of the story. Nice adrenaline rush. I’m very impressed with Fallen Angel charting top 10 higher than Marauders and Excalibur. Never thought Kwannon and her assassin past could be so intriguing. I look forward to her questionable dealings with Sinister. Hot mess in the making and I’m loving every single moment lol. Marauders have so much potential but the 1st issue felt lackluster. It felt like a Saturday morning cartoon. Emma was too comfortable in the top, It would have been dope to see Shaw make a power move from the get go. Kitty just looks irritable and miserable for the most part. She needs a better motivation to playing along with the hellfire club. She could definitely use a teleported in her team. (Paging Blink!!!) Excalibur was just disappointing all around. Pure blasphemy.

BANNED

As I said in the OP, New Mutants had an Artgerm variant.

Also, people still don’t know these are ordered months in advance?

Arent you being a bit over entusiastic about numbers 1?
    A bit, but #1s are perfoming good. Not sure how the other launches performed.

Only x-men kept the top 10 from the 3 boks launche don september

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    As I said in the OP, New Mutants had an Artgerm variant.

Also, people still don’t know these are ordered months in advance?
    Yep. no way Xavier dead would impact sales, if they are ordered months in advance

The thing that shocks me most is that you'd think X-Force's word of mouth on the "shocking ending" would have driven more buyers. New Mutants is a great book, but I would assume it would have higher up front buys than a cliffhanger generator which brings people in over time.

Roberto da Costa is a superstar. Deal with it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Diamond's numbers are orders to stores. X-Force probably got 2nd printing requests after that ending.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah. Things like Xavier getting killed will only affect sales of second and subsequent printings. We didn't know that was going to happen when these orders were put in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not to disagree, but X-Men #2 did do better than ASM. Yes, still too early, but still not a bad sign either.
    Second issue. ASM is on 33-34 issue. big difference

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    The thing that shocks me most is that you'd think X-Force's word of mouth on the "shocking ending" would have driven more buyers. New Mutants is a great book, but I would assume it would have higher up front buys than a cliffhanger generator which brings people in over time.
    And it drove, x-force got 2nd printings. But orders are placed 3 months in advance

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

And it drove, x-force got 2nd printings. But orders are placed 3 months in advance
    Yep agreed. Add on top of that also that ASM has kind of hit a slump recently. It hasn’t been good at all. X-men even though the title is terrible right now, is still riding high from the HOX\POX Hickman hype.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Yep agreed. Add on top of that also that ASM has kind of hit a slump recently. It hasn’t been good at all. X-men even though the title is terrible right now, is still riding high from the HOX\POX Hickman hype.
    Wow, it is almost like I did not say I agreed with the post I was replying to nor added for clarity that it was too early to celebrate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think X-men 2 will be around 100k . X-men 1 was aroun 200k , that is the normal drop with numbers 1

Extraordinary Member

I think X-men 2 will be around 100k . X-men 1 was aroun 200k , that is the normal drop with numbers 1
    So if X-Men can settle into around 75K that would be pretty solid.