Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Marauders 1 came out in October and has gotten a reprint
    Gotcha. So it did gangbusters for a comic book

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It's nice to see the X-men on the high spots again.

I wonder how much are Hickman's X-men are going to change after people actually read the book. It is not bad but not as good as hox/pox.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I wonder how much are Hickman's X-men are going to change after people actually read the book. It is not bad but not as good as hox/pox.
    Batman continued to sell even with a bad run by King (less than Snyder/loeb), but x-men haven't been bet sellers lately and the issues have been very dissapointing.
    Some will buy because are Hickman fans or going to follow from hoxpox
    Hard to say but it will be probably same pattern from bendis and his avengers run

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I'd probably anticipate a gradual drop as consistent with any run to be honest. Like...reputation surely can only get you so far? I always argue, as in the case of Claremont, that just because your past work might have been masterpieces doesn't guarantee success for future works: if it isn't engaging enough to hold a portion of the audience then, yeah, there's gonna be a decline...it depends on how far Hickman's name gets him, I guess? Probably similar numbers to Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I'd probably anticipate a gradual drop as consistent with any run to be honest. Like...reputation surely can only get you so far? I always argue, as in the case of Claremont, that just because your past work might have been masterpieces doesn't guarantee success for future works: if it isn't engaging enough to hold a portion of the audience then, yeah, there's gonna be a decline...it depends on how far Hickman's name gets him, I guess? Probably similar numbers to Batman?
    Seems too high for him. even with all the hype from hoxpox, I'm seeing less excitement

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seems too high for him. even with all the hype from hoxpox, I'm seeing less excitement
    Really? Even from long-term or purist fans? That's interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Really? Even from long-term or purist fans? That's interesting?
    i'm not seeing the same excitement on twitter. Now I don't know about traditional wednesday warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm not seeing the same excitement on twitter. Now I don't know about traditional wednesday warriors.
    That's because Twitter is a curated echo chamber. As an example, I don't see any support whatsoever for Donald Trump on my feed. That's because the people I follow don't like him. But the feed of someone who follows a ton of hyper conservative celebrities would see near universal support for Trump. Neither of those things are 100% correct.

To bring it back to my point, I don't see ANY talk, positive or negative, about the current run, because I only follow one or two comic writers and none of the higher ups like JDW or Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's because Twitter is a curated echo chamber. As an example, I don't see any support whatsoever for Donald Trump on my feed. That's because the people I follow don't like him. But the feed of someone who follows a ton of hyper conservative celebrities would see near universal support for Trump. Neither of those things are 100% correct.

To bring it back to my point, I don't see ANY talk, positive or negative, about the current run, because I only follow one or two comic writers and none of the higher ups like JDW or Hickman.
    I follow like 3 people that read x-men comics. I'm talking about my observation on the tags, that have less activity

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

lol, my twitter feed is really positive about Dawn of X. Of course I follow a lot of positive people, I follow the team Tini, Jonathan, Gerry, and I even started following JDW
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Roberto da Costa is a superstar. Deal with it.
    Droga!!!!!!!

Mauraders # 2 is also on the advance list of redorders at # 2 on the comichron website that gives more detail so it seems to be doing pretty good in general.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Twitter and Forums are tiny part of buying population. The forums and twitter could all be negative and it doesn't mean crap towards a book success. The best example is Rosenberg Uncanny run which is was bashed like crazy on the forums and twitter but actually numbers was strong. Rosenberg Uncanny was top seller on comixology( I believe in top 5 books always) and it was top 25 book on comichron tracking if you back look at it. The feedback for fans like us matter but I have seen universal hated stuff like Heroes in Crisis and Rosenberg Uncanny maintain stable high selling numbers. And we have proof that X-men fans won't just support anything because X-men disassemble numbers when straight down consistently and Age of X-man numbers where trash the entire time. Simple put the vast majority of fans didn't feel the same way about Rosenberg Uncanny run as the fans on social media on the forums.

Now they are clearly more people who are unhappy with Hickman run/Dawn of X run than at the beginning but goal of having varying styles of books is that fans find a book that they like , People seem to think that because they don't like everything in Dawn of X it is failure. If you got one book that you love Dawn of X has done its job. For me I got 2 Marauders and X-force which I love and Excalibur, New Mutants, Fallen Angels and X-men are solid and creative teams will determine if I stick with them.

And since we are talking numbers when R.B Silva takes over X-men the numbers are going to jump up.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-07-2019 at 10:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    … Rosenberg Uncanny maintain stable high selling numbers. And... X-men disassemble numbers when straight down consistently...
    Ya sure about that? Could be wrong, but I'm sensing some subjectivity here.

R B silva wont make sales get a increment

14 NEW MUTANTS #2 $3.99
    16 EXCALIBUR #2 $3.99
    18 X-FORCE #2 $3.99
    22 MARAUDERS #2 $3.99
    27 FALLEN ANGELS #2 $3.99
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-08-2019 at 08:05 AM.