Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What this all looks for me is that x-men needed a big writer name and artists on flagship. That is te only difference from Gold/Extraordinary eras.
    At the end Hickman that will keep this status as sales success
    Bendis kept on 60k easily.
    You keep ignoring context so I guess it’s useless to discuss further. When Bendis did 60k sales were way higher across the board. Amazing and Batman we’re selling over 100-110k instead than 70k. Justice League sold over 75k. Even GOTG was selling about 60k. Batman satellite books were overv50 instead than around 30 and so on. Cherry pick a figure devoid of any context it’s meaningless. It’s the same than saying than Morrison or Whedon X-Men were a commercial failure because they sold a fourth than Claremont used to sell in the 80s or 90s. I mean all the comics from the last 30 years are failures compared to the days Superman sold 1 million times of copies, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Huh. Guess the whole 'wasting the book folks assume to be the flagship on promoting other books' strategy makes a whole lot of sense now that the numbers are in, lol.

Keep in mind, those numbers are good in relation to the current market. It's just that HoX/PoX's numbers were insane. I dunno, a few issues in and we'll be back to X-Men Gold/Blue numbers for every book that isn't Hickman's? Oh well.
    How people will know that x-men is building for other books? there isn't a warning.
    And I'm pretty sure Hickman is building for future x-men stories and not other books.

It's already doing worse than x-men gold; @nd issue of gold did 62k, 2nd issue of blue did 54k

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    You keep ignoring context so I guess it’s useless to discuss further. When Bendis did 60k sales were way higher across the board. Amazing and Batman we’re selling over 100-110k instead than 70k. Justice League sold over 75k. Even GOTG was selling about 60k. Batman satellite books were overv50 instead than around 30 and so on. Cherry pick a figure devoid of any context it’s meaningless. It’s the same than saying than Morrison or Whedon X-Men were a commercial failure because they sold a fourth than Claremont used to sell in the 80s or 90s. I mean all the comics from the last 30 years are failures compared to the days Superman sold 1 million times of copies, so what?
    bendis was writing both GOTG and x-men books. I'm talking 60k when the run was far ahead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    1 1 1 New Mutants 1 $4.99 11/06/19 Marvel 138,484
    2 2 4 X-Men 2 $3.99 11/13/19 Marvel 117,538
    4 4 3 X-Force 1 $4.99 11/06/19 Marvel 105,138
    5 6 6 Fallen Angels 1 $4.99 11/13/19 Marvel 86,672
    14 16 15 New Mutants 2 $3.99 11/27/19 Marvel 60,518
    16 18 17 Excalibur 2 $3.99 11/20/19 Marvel 55,828
    18 21 22 X-Force 2 $3.99 11/27/19 Marvel 53,667
    22 24 23 Marauders 2 $3.99 11/20/19 Marvel 51,241
    27 30 30 Fallen Angels 2 $3.99 11/27/19 Marvel 46,859...
    Even as digital sales likely increase & continue to dent the traditional floppy market, 9 new Mutant releases move over 700k combined, for an average of about 80k ea. They also account for almost a full 1/3 total, of the top 30 chart - when's the last time the X-books did THAT?!

I think these orders might've been placed even before retailers knew how well the initial Oct. offerings were actually gonna sell, too. There's no denying DoX continues on, with the surprising success HoX&PoX achieved:

Marvel's DAWN OF X & DC's Higher Title Count Help November Comic Book Sales Clinch an Up 2019 - Newsarama
    Thanks to Marvel's strong X-Men relaunch and DC making a rare cameo on top of the 'New Titles Shipped' chart, November's Direct Market comic book sales appears to have secured 2019 will out pace 2018 in the eventual year-end totals. ...

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I like the Bleeding Cool bestseller list. I wish they had more stores participating but it’s interesting to get the retailer perspective on top of ComiXology and Diamond. DOX always kicks ass on it. All three titles beat Batman last week (they beat everything).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Even as digital sales likely increase & continue to dent the traditional floppy market, 9 new Mutant releases move over 700k combined, for an average of about 80k ea. They also account for almost a full 1/3 total, of the top 30 chart - when's the last time the X-books did THAT?!

I think these orders might've been placed even before retailers knew how well the initial Oct. offerings were actually gonna sell, too. There's no denying DoX continues on, with the surprising success HoX&PoX achieved:

Marvel's DAWN OF X & DC's Higher Title Count Help November Comic Book Sales Clinch an Up 2019 - Newsarama
    Just for discussion, a few counters:
    1) by all reports, digital is flat. So there is no 'likely increase' to account for.
    2) With regards to this interesting spin on the X-books, it seems like any other 'wave' launch, so maybe if you went back and counted how well the X-Men books have done when they released 3 first issues and 6 second issues in the same month with nothing to compete against.
    3) Interesting note, while sales were up from last November as a whole, Marvel did not actually seem to see an increase (they may have actually been down). DC was up, Boom was up, IDW was up. Lots of other publishers were up. The X-Men relaunch could have been worse, so I will give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Just for discussion, a few counters:
    1) by all reports, digital is flat. So there is no 'likely increase' to account for.
    2) With regards to this interesting spin on the X-books, it seems like any other 'wave' launch, so maybe if you went back and counted how well the X-Men books have done when they released 3 first issues and 6 second issues in the same month with nothing to compete against.
    3) Interesting note, while sales were up from last November as a whole, Marvel did not actually seem to see an increase (they may have actually been down). DC was up, Boom was up, IDW was up. Lots of other publishers were up. The X-Men relaunch could have been worse, so I will give them that.
    1 I think the poster mean that X-men are doing better digitally. I remember rosenberg doing very well on digital
    2 yeah made some time that we don't see a massive relaunch for x-men like DOX