Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That looks like a good estimation. X-Men might settle in a little lower than I would have hoped for.

You agreed to them misinterpreting what I said, meaning you also misinterpreted what I said, so I clarified things for you.
    Uh ok....You’re reaching. Simply stated why X-men would outsell ASM. Your post was interpreted quite clearly. Honestly I can’t believe we’ve wasted a couple of posts going back and forth on this. I think you’re “misinterpreting” my alleged misinterpretation.

Just curious In terms of sales how were the Xbooks looking before Hickman got on board ? Were the xbooks sniffing the top 10 before him?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Just curious In terms of sales how were the Xbooks looking before Hickman got on board ? Were the xbooks sniffing the top 10 before him?
    Between 30 - 60k. Depends on the storyline.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

The Age of X-man sold around 16-26k.
    Uncanny haD 2 different teams. Maybe around/less than 50K.

BANNED

New Mutants made the front pages when solicitations came out in Marvel Previews but X-Force were the top sellers in Comixology/Digital . I believe it will be quite close.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    The Age of X-man sold around 16-26k.
    Uncanny haD 2 different teams. Maybe around/less than 50K.
    Yes, sales were bad and this was following a 10 issue weekly 'event' storyline in the relaunched UXM. Retailers could have been a lot more cautious on orders of the ongoings this time around given how Age of X flopped and UXM underperformed. A lot of eyes on a big event do not always lead to increased sales of the ongoings coming out of it.

That is why seeing X-Men #2 up there is a good sign, retailers could easily have played it safe and assumed post-event UXM numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Truly shocked that New Mutants outsold X-Force.
    I'm shocked that you're shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Hoping the derailing to Glob Herman's mopey world won't make people drop interest.
    I hope it does. Losing money is the only way to make Marvel stop letting writers feature... that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Not surprising, since Number 1s always sell. But I'm glad that New Mutants and X-force did so well, they are the most interesting for me.

I'm a little shocked Marauders isn't on there. Its supposed to be the 'main' book per Hickman. Or was that last month?

The biggest test is around issue 3 or 4 for most series, unless they bomb hard. Which they clearly didn't.

Edit: I had that typed like 6 hours ago and forgot to actually hit post. lol

I thought Uncanny was actually selling well? Didn't it hit number 1 a few times?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wow, did not foresee New Mutants winning this first round against X-Force. Thought the latter's brand would give it an edge, but it sure looks like the Hickman Effect prevailed.

Rosenberg Uncanny was in the top 20s of recent(16 and 17), But nothing other than number 1s would normally be in the top ten for the X-men then normal drop. The top X-men book average normally around 20s and 30s range before Rosenberg Uncanny, Uncanny Disassemble and Hox/Pox. And DoX looks like it is going to keep a couple of books in the top 10 as a norm which is big improvement for the line.

PS Marauders was number 10 last month, Excaliber was number 12.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-06-2019 at 11:56 PM.

BANNED

4 out of the 5 top spots?! MUTANT DOMination makes me...

Glad to see X-Force up there so high.

It deserves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Not surprising, since Number 1s always sell. But I'm glad that New Mutants and X-force did so well, they are the most interesting for me.

I'm a little shocked Marauders isn't on there. Its supposed to be the 'main' book per Hickman. Or was that last month?

The biggest test is around issue 3 or 4 for most series, unless they bomb hard. Which they clearly didn't.

Edit: I had that typed like 6 hours ago and forgot to actually hit post. lol

I thought Uncanny was actually selling well? Didn't it hit number 1 a few times?
    Marauders 1 came out in October and has gotten a reprint

Wow. Really impressed by New Mutants’ high debut. It’s a fun book. I’m guessing it got a big boost from Hickman writing it too. Historically that title hasn’t fared so well, so great to see the fan interest high in it and in those characters. Lots of good ones that I enjoy in that cast. Also stoked for X-Force, which is my favorite of the DoX books. Solid numbers for it too. Mutant dominance continues!