Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Those are nice numbers but to be honest I thought they were going to be higher.
    specially X-force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The X-Book #1's outside X-Men did around 85k. Absolute Carnage does 90k plus.

So New Mutants probably did 100 - 115k, X-Men 2 did 90 - 95k and X-Force 1 did 85 - 88k
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Absolute carnage #4 sold around 100k.
    So the last issue might do 106k.
    So that puts X-men #2 above 110k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    holy crap.

Attachment 90111
    I was right.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Official numbers are up FA is the first to fall under 50k
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-11.html
    Let's be real. Every month Fallen Angels is over 20K is a win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Those are nice numbers but to be honest I thought they were going to be higher.
    specially X-force
    This is the modern comic market. Too much competition and speculator/variant driven. The latter does not mean only speculators (flippers) are buying but when they want to get interest out there, they spread the word and regular buyers follow suit. Not only that, but post-event sales do not exist. People came for Hickman's crazy twist, and they either got it or they didn't, but nothing about the rest of the books have suggested people need to read them. They will just wait until the next Event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Consept wise it was good, it's just kiwi is killing the book. If other characters need to be nerfed and weakened to to make her stand out, that's probably a hint she should be the lead(also anyone think magneto treating a telepaths vision of a new enemy as a dream in the aftermath of a terror attack that killed Xavier is odd) I still dont see why sets it apart from the others or why it isnt xforce?

I thought X-Force would sell much better than the other series

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Just spoke the truth.

Sales are ok, seems like most books gonna settle on 40k-50k range that is normal for x books

Only x-men is having a better result still on top 10 with Hickman writign the book. The thing is that the book isn't written like a flagship

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I thought X-Force would sell much better than the other series
    Me too, which is sad becuase it is the best book so far.
    At least the only one that feels like a team book.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-09-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Any book featuring Quire NOT dominating sales is a win in my book (tho I feel X-Force is doing more than fine sales wise).

But Quire... still so painful to read.

What metrics are people judging for success? Are you expecting every book to be in the top ten? Was all 6 books suppose to work? Are X-books magically suppose perform over what the market standard for good is today? Anyways What does success look for me

1. A X-men book that is top ten books,You want at least two of these books there but that is a little greedy
    2. Every other book finding a stable audience before 20k or dropping below being in top 100.

X-men Gold was former flagship book its number floated around 30k, Extraordinary X-men/Uncanny floated around 40k to 30k as the top book in that era. If Marauders, X-force and New Mutants sustain around 40k to 30k that is a success. 4 out of 6 books probably maintaining above cancelation level would be success. I am just saying some people are going to undersell that 3 or 4th best book in Dawn of X will be around the same numbers that flagship book like X-men Gold or Extraordinary X-men was doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Any book featuring Quire NOT dominating sales is a win in my book (tho I feel X-Force is doing more than fine sales wise).

But Quire... still so painful to read.
    Ugh, tell me about it dude. With the whole resurrection thing I feel so much less bad for wanting him to get like, shot or stabbed. Or y'know, just a damn good slap across the back of the head...just one...

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What metrics are people judging for success? Are you expecting every book to be in the top ten? Was all 6 books suppose to work? Are X-books magically suppose perform over what the market standard for good is today? Anyways What does success look for me

1. A X-men book that is top ten books,You want at least two of these books there but that is a little greedy
    2. Every other book finding a stable audience before 20k or dropping below being in top 100.

X-men Gold was former flagship book its number floated around 30k, Extraordinary X-men/Uncanny floated around 40k to 30k as the top book in that era. If Marauders, X-force and New Mutants sustain around 40k to 30k that is a success. 4 out of 6 books probably maintaining above cancelation level would be success. I am just saying some people are going to undersell that 3 or 4th best book in Dawn of X will be around the same numbers that flagship book like X-men Gold or Extraordinary X-men was doing.
    Extraordinary didn't came from a hyped status quo. it was the lowest the x-comics were since the first cancelation on 70s

For me doesn't look that good

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Extraordinary didn't came from a hyped status quo. it was the lowest the x-comics were since the first cancelation on 70s

For me doesn't look that good
    They certainly can’t outperform the market... there are only 3 books regularly selling at 60-70k Batman, Venom and Amazing. If X-Men should become one of them it would an incredible success. The other best-selling books in the market sell between 40 and 50, Justice League, Super Man, Avengers, Immortal Hulk, these are all very big names and Hulk is the biggest success story of the last two years. Then you are already in under 40 territory. This is the market. If X-Force, Marauders and New Mutants should settle between 40 and 50 X-Men would become the most successful franchise in the market considered the secondary Batman and Superman books are selling around 35k. So if they settle between 30 and 40 it will be a success, because these are the numbers in the current market. Successful doesn’t mean outperforming the market and becoming instantly number one. It’s easy to say it’s not good if the standard set is impossible. And big titles like Giant Size X-Men and Wolverine, that will definitely sell more than New Mutants or Fallen Angels have still to launch.
    Last edited by PeterParked; 12-09-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    They certainly can’t outperform the market... there are only 3 books regularly selling at 60-70k Batman, Venom and Amazing. If X-Men should become one of them it would an incredible success. The other best-selling books in the market sell between 40 and 50, Justice League, Super Man, Avengers, Immortal Hulk, these are all very big names and Hulk is the biggest success story of the last two years. Then you are already in under 40 territory. This is the market. If X-Force, Marauders and New Mutants should settle between 40 and 50 X-Men would become the most successful franchise in the market considered the secondary Batman and Superman books are selling around 35k. So if they settle between 30 and 40 it will be a success, because these are the numbers in the current market. Successful doesn’t mean outperforming the market and becoming instantly number one. It’s easy to say it’s not good if the standard set is impossible. And big titles like Giant Size X-Men and Wolverine, that will definitely sell more than New Mutants or Fallen Angels have still to launch.
    What this all looks for me is that x-men needed a big writer name and artists on flagship. That is te only difference from Gold/Extraordinary eras.
    At the end Hickman that will keep this status as sales success
    Bendis kept on 60k easily.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Huh. Guess the whole 'wasting the book folks assume to be the flagship on promoting other books' strategy makes a whole lot of sense now that the numbers are in, lol.

Keep in mind, those numbers are good in relation to the current market. It's just that HoX/PoX's numbers were insane. I dunno, a few issues in and we'll be back to X-Men Gold/Blue numbers for every book that isn't Hickman's? Oh well.