Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Big boost for Captain Marvel. She has really found more readers since her movie.
    X-titles lead, then Justice League, Avengers, and Star Wars. Fantastic Four trails all of them.

Something about Panther being right next to Jimmy Olsen hurts me inside.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Big boost for Captain Marvel. She has really found more readers since her movie.
    X-titles lead, then Justice League, Avengers, and Star Wars. Fantastic Four trails all of them.
    Being in the MCU might have with regards to people actually speculating on her books. If it was readers, issue #7 would not have only had 26K orders, which just happens to be the last issue before Star enters the story (which only moved monthly orders up to around 36K). This recent issue (#12) saw almost a 30K increase in orders, which I would think had more to do with the new storyline but also the "first appearance of evil Carol Danvers". This kind of bump would usually lead me to think some sought after ratio variant was to credit, but I have not looked into it to say for sure.

Now, it would be great if this storyline maintained a readership anywhere near these sales, but unfortunately a lot of those increased sales won't be books that are even opened up by the people buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If that hurts, then consider the fact that they may reboot (restart) with #1 and keep the writer that has his book where it's at.

Which is silly at this point. Hasn't Coates already had three Black Panther #1s?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which is silly at this point. Hasn't Coates already had three Black Panther #1s?
    More than he ever needed. They'll let him stay on the book long enough to reach the Legacy 200th issue.

After that, it's so long!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If that hurts, then consider the fact that they may reboot (restart) with #1 and keep the writer that has his book where it's at.
    Insanity, pure insanity.

He can't tell a decent Black Panther story but that won't stop him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The rumor upcoming restart would be number 3.

It's past time for Coates to go. However in the eyes of Marvel-this is the top selling black hero (via trades) only Miles is behind him and after that it's indy guys like Spawn and Kwanza's Black. Dc is not in the running. At least not with black male leads.

Naomi, Moon Girl, Riri, Shuri, Far Sector & Silencer is a toss up. All of them can boast being the top over each other.

If all you care about is beating DC-he is doing that. Despite the horrible content inside.
    If you care about the others-keep an eye on Killadelphia & Farmhands. Since everyone else are minis or season like Naomi.

Folks are getting tired. Despite Storm fans. It takes too long to tell a story-you should NOT need 2-3 volumes to tell a story that McDuffie would tell you in less than 5. We won't get into the deconstruction of Wakanda to pander to stereotypes and treat the Panther as a guest in his OWN book.

That falls on Marvel.

Never underestimate Superman's Pal .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never underestimate Superman's Pal .
    hey he used to sell top 10 in the 60s
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-09-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Holy ****, that's a HUGE bump for Captain Marvel WITHOUT any apparent overship. Sales for this run have been so weirdly inconsistent, but in an actual good way.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    He's also the writer keeping the title where it's at on trades, which are actually very good. His ''A Nation Under Our Feet'' trade is still on the first page of Marvel Best Sellers on Amazon, alongside other trade successes like Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales' Spider-Man, Jane Foster's Thor, Captain Marvel, Star Wars... That could be incentive enough for Marvel to keep him on the title.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-10-2019 at 02:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Holy ****, that's a HUGE bump for Captain Marvel WITHOUT any apparent overship. Sales for this run have been so weirdly inconsistent, but in an actual good way.
    it has big initial hooks but less retention so to speak.

Star's appearance had a bump that kept consistent from the speculators, and dark avenger is a controversial arc

Jimmy is being done by Fraction, so it has a name creator on it. That and the book is absolutely fantastic and filling a niche not many other DC books are at the moment.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I didn't think that many people were going to buy Yondu.
    Baby Thanos