Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

honestly the person who did Maddie the worst was Scott, no contest. just up n leaving her with their son in buttfuck Alaska for a girl idnetical to her...messed up even if she wasn't jean's clone

I feel like jean really tried her best to empathize with Maddie even if it didn't really work. imo she's as much Nathan's mother, at least biologically speaking, as Maddie is and she really stepped up to taking care of him wen she easily could've had nothing to do with him. its just such an insane scenario to ascribe rational emotional logic to lol I can't help but feel bad for everyone involved

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Eww, not a fan of clone/test tube baby timedisplaced alternative universe incest.
    incest?? whew missed that part. guess its all part of the fun

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    honestly the person who did Maddie the worst was Scott, no contest. just up n leaving her with their son in buttfuck Alaska for a girl idnetical to her...messed up even if she wasn't jean's clone

I feel like jean really tried her best to empathize with Maddie even if it didn't really work. imo she's as much Nathan's mother, at least biologically speaking, as Maddie is and she really stepped up to taking care of him wen she easily could've had nothing to do with him. its just such an insane scenario to ascribe rational emotional logic to lol I can't help but feel bad for everyone involved

incest?? whew missed that part. guess its all part of the fun
    1- it is true and tragic. I like Cyclops as a character but Marvel and apparently many people on these boards like that part of him, to see all these messes, to see him failing to these women he swore to love and respect. I have seen so many people hating his character for this and the tragic part is that they are right. He could be a much better man but apparently that is boring.

2- Yup, people try too hard to blame Jean but she took care of Cable as her own, loved him and dedicated and entire decade to him when she could have not. It was an act of love and respect, its really weird when people try to bash Jean for that. She gave cable a mom when maddie died, would have been it better for her to leave him like nothing?

3- I can't stop wondering what was thinking who came with the idea of pairing maddie and nate grey.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-20-2020 at 08:03 PM.

BANNED

While Scott definitely did more damagew Jean enabled and abetted his actions and also assuaged his guilt. Scott also suffers from brain damage which affects his decision making, while Jean does not. All of this is canon.

Jean said for Scott return to his family, he then took too long and they were gone. After Maddie fake death the only thing could do is not letting Scott kill himself

If Scott isso bad on decision making he shouldn't be leader, he isn't disable

BANNED

Are you saying disabled people cant be leaders? Ummmm.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    While Scott definitely did more damagew Jean enabled and abetted his actions and also assuaged his guilt. Scott also suffers from brain damage which affects his decision making, while Jean does not. All of this is canon.
    Scott is not an invalid. His brain injury affects his powers, not his decision making or sense of right and wrong. He would not be leader of the X-men if he was mentally incapacitated

Hellions #1:

https://twitter.com/mdp_tm/status/1233187293831188480

There is an interview on Screenrant but strangely I can't post a link to their website.

BANNED

The way Nanny is grabbing his leg...damn girl slow down

do my eyes deceive me or is that miss Siryn?? hopefully not another one panel cameo gig

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    do my eyes deceive me or is that miss Siryn?? hopefully not another one panel cameo gig
    !!!!!!!!

I don't know who else it could be! So excited to see Terry somewhere... even if I'm not getting this book.

BANNED

The interview with Zeb Wells pulled from ScreenRant given we can't link it. All in all, it sounds pretty interesting, and I like the art style. I just wouldn't have selected this cast.

Screen Rant: The mutant leaders stirred up some history when they extended amnesty and Krakoa to even the villainous mutants. But the question of whether or not those bad blood mutants are accepted or rejected hasn't been answered. Is that part of the Hellions story fans can expect?

Absolutely. The book asks how the mutants with blood on their hands can possibly integrate in a civilized society. We'll see how others feel about sharing an island with them. A lot of mutants aren't happy.
    The premise of Hellions makes Psylocke and Havok seem like the odd ones out. How does their presence in this book, and on this team, stem from their role in the larger X-Men/Krakoa changes?

Ostensibly Psylocke is on the team as a baby sitter, but her relationship with Mr. Sinister has gotten closer since Fallen Angels. Never a good thing. Havok is assigned to the team after he makes some bad decisions on a mission. He's put on the Hellions to "cool off."
    Throughout House of X, Powers of X, and Dawn of X, Mister Sinister has been looming around the edges with desires and secrets of his own. If the Hellions are 'his' team, what should fans expect from him as a leader?

He's the Hellions' leader because he's sensitive to the needs of the dangerously unstable, being dangerously unstable himself. Will this make him a great leader? Only time, or, more quickly, common sense, will tell.
    Stephen Segovia seems to be injecting so much personality into the previews readers have gotten. How would you describe his vision for this... unconventional X-Men team?

Stephen just feels like an X-Men artist... like Mr. Sinister gathered the DNA from the best X-artists ever and grew Stephen in a lab. He seems to be perfect at leaning into nostalgia when appropriate, but also ripping all that up and going his own way when called for. We're so lucky to have him.
    Jonathan Hickman has led the charge with the Dawn of X, but he's pushed back against the idea that other creators and books aren't forging their own stories and Identities. So what do you think (or hope) sets the Hellions apart? Or what part of the new X-Men world are you drilling down into?

Hellions drills down into one of the many questions posed by this new status quo: Where do all the problem mutants go? But the real fun of the book is seeing these profoundly different and anti-social characters play off each other.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/7SXdbyN/Havok-in-Hel*******4-Marvel-Comic-Cover.jpg[/IMG]

Hellions #4

HAVOK STANDS ALONE! Krakoa’s resident rabble are up against the grand dame of the damned — the Goblin Queen, Madelyne Pryor! Talk about a return that could raise some havoc!
    Last edited by Keno; 02-27-2020 at 10:02 PM.

BANNED

Stealing somebody's child does not make u "as much their mother" regardless if you stole it from your identical twin. Jean didnt carry Christopher in her body and was instrumental to Maddie going insane and dying, this is classless and tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Stealing somebody's child does not make u "as much their mother" regardless if you stole it from your identical twin. Jean didnt carry Christopher in her body and was instrumental to Maddie going insane and dying, this is classless and tasteless.
    You're really saying with your whole chest that the only real mothers are the ones who got pregnant with their child... Really shitty. You're right that Jean is not Nathan's mother as much as Madelyne, because she's more.

Syrin!!

I'm kind of super excited about this book.