Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's cute when people are this naive.
    If you put a gun to my head and ask me to name all the New X-Men, chances are I get through Pixie, Anole, Rockslide, maybe Hellion, I will guaranteed forget either Surge or Mercury, and then it's time to blow my brains out.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The X-offices seem to have this massive problem with paying attention to the people telling them they'd be willing to pay for something and giving it to them.
    Maybe they are not interested in those 10 sales?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    LOL.
    Exactatiously!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Man, people really forgot that the New X-Men not only went on for 63 issues but lead to all those characters being given choice roles in a slew of different titles and minis. They’re one hit wonders but still get put on X-advertising to draw attention? How that work???

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    While I'm of the opinion that Marvel has long since squandered any story momentum the NXM crew had (thanks for nothing, Guggs!), and the notion of that team being able to carry a new book on name alone is quite past its expy date, Hellions isn't the kind of book that's going to be a sales juggernaut either. Psylocke, Sinister, and any five named NXM kids - to keep with the titular theme, let's say Dust, Hellion, Mercury, Wither, and Rockslide - doing something offbeat (breaking away from Krakoa a la original X-Force, for example), plus Wells' return to the X-Books would probably garner about the same level of interest overall.

But aside from all that, if this is the book Wells pitched, then this is the book he pitched. We can read it or not.

id buy a new xmen series...im actually just gonna read the spoiler threads of this series. although I did like the artist and writer selection.

this title might surprise us though.

new mutants and force were my least anticipated but they kind of our my favorites so far.

BANNED

I don’t think the NXM argument makes much sense here. This book has a very specific purpose within the context of the relaunch. It addresses the question of how to deal with villains acting like villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I don’t think the NXM argument makes much sense here. This book has a very specific purpose within the context of the relaunch. It addresses the question of how to deal with villains acting like villains.
    Then you’re missing the entire point. It’s not even just about the NXM, but the fact Marvel has been doubling down on “We can’t use so and so because there’s only so much space and we can’t sit more popular characters to make room” for several years now. Even if they want to make a Mutant Suicide Squad there are FAR more significant villains they could have used than 2/3 of the choices here.

So yeah, NXM fans are cheesed because after being told “sorry, they’re not as popular as Character X, Y, or Z,” Marvel puts out THIS book which is pretty literally scraping the bottom of the barrel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Then you’re missing the entire point. It’s not even just about the NXM, but the fact Marvel has been doubling down on “We can’t use so and so because there’s only so much space and we can’t sit more popular characters to make room” for several years now. Even if they want to make a Mutant Suicide Squad there are FAR more significant villains they could have used than 2/3 of the choices here.

So yeah, NXM fans are cheesed because after being told “sorry, they’re not as popular as Character X, Y, or Z,” Marvel puts out THIS book which is pretty literally scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    Am I missing the point or are you? “ZOMG NXM!” isn’t a narrative hook.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

There should be a running gag where Empath dies every issue.

I love Hellion. He’s one of my favorites and the cast of New X-Men means a lot to me since it was my first comic. I’m not chuffed about this title. Wells and Segovia alone are reason to read it. A little iffy on Empath being the one OG Hellion in the book considering he’s a walking oof, but he’s probably also the only one of them with the most potential for story.

I’m not even sure we’ve truly begun to explore the weird esoteric fandoms who pop up to derail threads. Next it’ll be like Gideon stans or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nanny and Peter are pretty much serial killers.
    I wonder if the kids she abducted after killing their parents are on Krakoa, and if they are free from her mind control.

One of their victims was Ricochet (from the Slingers)'s mother. If he is in Krakoa, I'm not sure he'll go along with the "everything is forgiven" politics.
    Yuck. Why are people crushing on them??

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Yuck. Why are people crushing on them??
    She's an egg and he's a Tokusatsu character.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nanny and Peter are pretty much serial killers.
    I wonder if the kids she abducted after killing their parents are on Krakoa, and if they are free from her mind control.

One of their victims was Ricochet (from the Slingers)'s mother. If he is in Krakoa, I'm not sure he'll go along with the "everything is forgiven" politics.
    Yeah but Scalphunter is on the team. It kind of makes their crimes seem irrelevant. And Sinister is basically a nazi.