Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Running afoul of Maddie at an orphanage run by Sinister? Delicious Inferno implications here.
    the last time we got an inferno esque zeb wells it was all levels of iconic

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the last time we got an inferno esque zeb wells it was all levels of iconic
    A new bunch of Inferno children or the old ones being Resurrected/cloned by Sinister oooh that would make me happy and scared at the same time.

Astonishing Member

I disagree with regards to Scalphunter being the least interesting Marauder, I think he is the most interesting one, since he probably was a real Scalphunter in the XIX century when the United States was expanding to the Pacific Coast. Even counting the cloning, he doesn't age, he has a pretty powerful healing factor. He begun working with Sinister during WW2. He is the one that was right hand of Sinister.

I wonder if the Five could resurrect the Limbo Babies. I don't think they got DNA samples or were ever in range of Cerebra

I'm loving the preview art and the mission statement. A rotating cast of questionable mutants per story arc might be nice.

Those kissable lips, Nanny! Those lips!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I am here for all the Inferno vibes.

"Inferno 2: This time it's personal" better be happening

May be an unpopular opinion but I did like inverted Havok. Him being the stark opposite of “M word” Havok was really entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats f--king lazy and Im disappointed in Wells. Yet ANOTHER one of Bunn's plots ignored
    I’m not sure he’s necessarily ignoring Bunn. It was seeded that what Emma and Lorna did wasn’t a permanent solution or at least it didn’t fully erase the SIXIS effect.

Excited for this, what he said about Empath really intrigued me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    May be an unpopular opinion but I did like inverted Havok. Him being the stark opposite of “M word” Havok was really entertaining.

I’m not sure he’s necessarily ignoring Bunn. It was seeded that what Emma and Lorna did wasn’t a permanent solution or at least it didn’t fully erase the SIXIS effect.

Exactly what I meant in one of my previous comments. It's not like he was completely cured, it was left hanging as to how he was feeling. Emma essentially overwrote his Inverted self, she didn't just cure him (as it was made kinda clear that the old Havok wasn't really there after AXIS).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/interview-zeb-wells-hellions/

Interview with Wells about the upcoming series. Looks like Havok isn't doing so well...
    This guy's way of answering interview questions is like... lol. He just says a single sentence and then just shuts up. Interesting approach, felt so abrupt reading it though

Well it does sound like Kwannon is essentially the Voice of Reason on this team which could itself be an issue given her troubled/assassin past.

Regarding what someone said about "why another edgy book" all I can say is that XForce isn't really all that provocative, aside from some of the gore choices. Fallen Angels could have been but ended super quick. Marauders had a chance to be but instead is going to make everyone heroic/redemptive and pin all the blame on Sebastian Shaw/Those Dumb Kids. Excalibur is edgy in any way? New Mutants is literally just a comedy book. XMen sure you could argue has some edge to it sometimes, not always though it varies a lot. XFactor we will find out. So yeah, Hellions is basically the successor book to Fallen Angels and I'm 100% fine with a book about "baddies". Essex/Kwannon duo can get further explored, Alex Summers torture about sense of inferiority to his bro, struggling with his views on mutant-human dynamics... I do agree some of these characters are really "far gone" though like Scalphunter and Empath but we'll see. But hey, Maddy Pryor! This book could be amazing even if most of the initial lineup seems incredibly obscure and unimportant
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Inverted Alex is the only good Alex.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I disagree with regards to Scalphunter being the least interesting Marauder, I think he is the most interesting one, since he probably was a real Scalphunter in the XIX century when the United States was expanding to the Pacific Coast. Even counting the cloning, he doesn't age, he has a pretty powerful healing factor. He begun working with Sinister during WW2. He is the one that was right hand of Sinister.
    Wow, I did not know this! He's yet another Wolverine/Sabertooth/really old regenerating dude with a mysterious backstory? Ooh, I'm actually even *less* interested in him now...

Does Sinister grows these yobbos in a lab somewhere? "No, this one's interesting, because he *doesn't* have claws! See! Totally fresh! Why are you walking away?"

I remember back during the original Morlock massacre, he assembled a gun from bits of his costume, and thought he might be like an evil Forge, creating all sorts of funky 'build your own weapons' from fiddly bits he carried on him as needed for a specific situation. But no.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Inverted Alex is the only good Alex.
    Does Goblin Prince Alex fall into this category?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If there is Maddie/Alex I will just look at the scans. Those Outback team days were sexy. Maddie w/ AoA Nate however was not. This run will just be reset again and plot threads will be tossed away anyway.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This guy's way of answering interview questions is like... lol. He just says a single sentence and then just shuts up. Interesting approach, felt so abrupt reading it though

Well it does sound like Kwannon is essentially the Voice of Reason on this team which could itself be an issue given her troubled/assassin past.

Regarding what someone said about "why another edgy book" all I can say is that XForce isn't really all that provocative, aside from some of the gore choices. Fallen Angels could have been but ended super quick. Marauders had a chance to be but instead is going to make everyone heroic/redemptive and pin all the blame on Sebastian Shaw/Those Dumb Kids. Excalibur is edgy in any way? New Mutants is literally just a comedy book. XMen sure you could argue has some edge to it sometimes, not always though it varies a lot. XFactor we will find out. So yeah, Hellions is basically the successor book to Fallen Angels and I'm 100% fine with a book about "baddies". Essex/Kwannon duo can get further explored, Alex Summers torture about sense of inferiority to his bro, struggling with his views on mutant-human dynamics... I do agree some of these characters are really "far gone" though like Scalphunter and Empath but we'll see. But hey, Maddy Pryor! This book could be amazing even if most of the initial lineup seems incredibly obscure and unimportant
    If this was meant for me I was talking about many books over the past 15 years not the current line -up. Still, thanks for confirming what I thought about X-Force.