Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Marvel: The New X-Men just aren't popular enough to support a book.

Also Marvel: Here's a team with two characters you've ever actually heard of, and one you only know because a vastly better-known character was using their body for 20 years and now we're trying to make them a thing on their own.
    Winners logic if I've ever seen it.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna take a hard pass on this one. The team just doesn't have any likeable people on it.
    I can enjoy stories without actually having to "like" characters.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    WILD CHILD AND NANNY!?!?

I’m so happy right now
    Exactly. This is the ultimate hipster xbook

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is a weird, diverse, eccentric cast of characters. I love it!
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Winners logic if I've ever seen it.
    The X-offices seem to have this massive problem with paying attention to the people telling them they'd be willing to pay for something and giving it to them.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Miss Sinister, or Lady Mastermind, would have been a better addition to this book.

Astonishing Member

I love this thread it's the epitome of comic book fan entitlement "I'm not picking up this book because it doesn't have my favorite characters in it" god forbid it has an interesting narrative with when more interesting character dynamics.

Empath!! Fantastic. I'm all in!. Ánimo, Manuel!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love this thread it's the epitome of comic book fan entitlement "I'm not picking up this book because it doesn't have my favorite characters in it" god forbid it has an interesting narrative with when more interesting character dynamics.
    Havok has never had an interesting character dynamic in his entire existence

Dude no one knows the narrative yet. ITs just the initial thoughts/feelings I'm sure if it gets good reviews and it's narrative appeals to folks they'll be more nuanced discussions. After the resurrection protocols made it possible once dead favorites could appear in an X-Book It is kinda like va WTF? with the roster choices

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Soooo much truth lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Not gunna lie...I think a good chunk of these guys die during the first arc.
    In that case they’ll come back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don’t know. Being Maddie’s man-slave was pretty dynamic. I think.

Oh noes! How dare people want to see their favorite characters actually used and written well! How horrible they are!

We don't know the narrative yet beyond that this is a team of "troublemakers" doing Mr. Sinister's bidding. And that can be more than enough to tell people whether or not they'd be interested.

We have so many great villains, all in Krakoa now, (and so many other characters available due to resurrection) and they chose Wild child, Empath, Scalphunter and Nanny…. I’m truly disappointed in this cast. For a villain themed book (an amazing concept) or for using more obscure characters that don’t get time to shine often, they should have picked characters that readers are actually familiar with and care about. Feels like a big wasted opportunity regarding the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Marvel: The New X-Men just aren't popular enough to support a book.

Also Marvel: Here's a team with two characters you've ever actually heard of, and one you only know because a vastly better-known character was using their body for 20 years and now we're trying to make them a thing on their own.
    Also: they can’t hold a book, but we try to include the characters in other books aka Brisson shoving Glob down our throat in every damn comic he writes, mixing it with Armor and ignoring the other kids
    Last edited by DAHX; 12-07-2019 at 11:53 AM.

BANNED

The problem isn't whether it has any favorite characters in it. As I pointed out, the problem is Marvel has been riding the "We can't put X on a book because they simply won't sell" line for like a decade as an excuse to double-down on Claremont Nostalgia Wank, only to turn around and give a book featuring two characters most readers will have even heard of, and a third who for the last 20 years has been at BEST a trivia entry.