Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Not really fond of the book, or at least what it's being advertised as. I generally like Zeb Wells comics, but the interest isn't there.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I actually think he could work well here, not only for the name and all. He'd fit quite well.
    Exactly, he's just perfectly on brand.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's been a problem with me too. It feels like 2/3rds of this run is dominated by villains, either leading, manipulating or making all of the important decisions. Can't we get an unambiguous book about good guys in this mix? Why is it so hard to write the X-men as straight heroes?
    Because character binarism is as outdated as ankle boots.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    X-Force was advertised as 'mutant CIA', which is pretty sketchy. The actual story hasn't really been that, which I appreciate. I'm honestly OK with villains being given chances and being on teams, but that doesn't feel like what's happening.

Its not that the number of villains on each group is more than the number of villains. That's completely misunderstanding my point. Its that the villains are either running the show, or running circles around everyone. Emma and Shaw are the driving force behind Marauders, not Storm or Kitty. Apocalypse clearly has ulterior motives in Excaliber, and might be responsible for what's going on. Even in Fallen Angles Kwannon had to get permission to go on her murder quest from Magneto and Sinister. The entire Krakoa government has multiple terrible people running it, and while Storm and Nightcrawler are theoretically as powerful as the others, Emma, Magneto, Xavier, Sinister and Apocalypse seem to be running the show.

All of this could easily be fixed with the next few issues, and if you're enjoying it, great. But its turning me off. And Hellions being yet another Mr. Sinister thing really keeps me away
    Emma isn't a villain tho
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

This team is not interesting to me. But I’ll give it a chance just to read about my boyfriend Havok.......

Marauders and this book should trade names, no?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-09-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Marauders and this book should trade names, no?
    no? ma·raud·er
    /məˈrôdər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a person who marauds; a raider.
    "a band of English marauders were surprised and overcome"
    Similar: raider
    plunderer
    pillager
    looter
    robber
    pirate
    freebooter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I don't understand this logic either.

@PsychoEFrost
    What is more important for you, the characters or the story?
    So you would prefer a terrible story with your fave character in (let's say... IvX) to an incredible story that doesn't have your fave character in?

It's people like you that are the reason District X, X-Factor Investigations, Legion Legacy etc got cancelled
    I agree 100% with you
    I see a lot of whining that has no reason to be
    the fact that the writer chose such unusual characters probably means that he has a very specific idea for them, I would even say Psylocke and Havok are the outsiders there, as in, the editorial probably told him he had to include some well known xmen, it couldnt all be D list characters
    I think it could be really good

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The book looks fantastically interesting and I am down for it.
    The only negative I have is that Psylocke is leading Fallen Angels so she's on two teams/books as a featured character in Dawn of X. With so many mutants that have been brought back or available, it feels too early to start having some of these non-Wolverines (not that he should/does) leading multiple books when other mutants could have been used especially when we have no clue who she is other than a bodysuit that Betsy wore for 30 years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The only negative I have is that Psylocke is leading Fallen Angels so she's on two teams/books as a featured character in Dawn of X. With so many mutants that have been brought back or available, it feels too early to start having some of these non-Wolverines (not that he should/does) leading multiple books when other mutants could have been used especially when we have no clue who she is other than a bodysuit that Betsy wore for 30 years.
    I think there was an interview/tweet in which Hill mentioned that FA would transition into this new book...or something to that effect.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Fallen Angels is on hiatus when this book debuts.

As for Psylocke's personality, I feel I'm getting a good look at it very quickly in FA.

Am i the only one who wants a concept pitch and idea before saying want or hate it???
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Fallen Angels is on hiatus when this book debuts.

As for Psylocke's personality, I feel I'm getting a good look at it very quickly in FA.
    Hiatus implies that its coming back and Im not convinced that it will. They launched alot of books in Wave 1 and we knew there would be a Wave 2 of books and the only way that would make sense is if a couple of Wave 1 titles werent meant to go on indefinitely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hiatus implies that its coming back and Im not convinced that it will. They launched alot of books in Wave 1 and we knew there would be a Wave 2 of books and the only way that would make sense is if a couple of Wave 1 titles werent meant to go on indefinitely.
    I’m just going by what Hill says. He may be doing happy talk, but I doubt he’s done here though it may take some time.

I am excited for this series as I have really enjoyed Kwannon and am excited to see what Zeb does with Havok since he hasn’t been written well in a while. The only change I would like to see would be take out Wildchild and replace with Frenzy and Lady Mastermind
    Attached Images Attached Images