Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She should be leading, not being a sidekick.
    Nah. 101010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So yeah, NXM fans are cheesed because after being told “sorry, they’re not as popular as Character X, Y, or Z,” Marvel puts out THIS book which is pretty literally scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    Using villains is the purpose of the book, so no, it’s not the bottom of the barrel. DOX gives creators access to a slew of more eclectic and unique characters for teams than ever before. You may not like that, I do. I enjoy not seeing the same old faces. To me that includes a lot of the New X-Men, who I simply don’t find interesting enough. YMMV

AFAIC the New X-Men (and every new class iteration after, though I have a soft spot for several of them like Anole and Rockslide and some of the WATXM crew) were one new generation too many, too fast, and have never endured the same way as other “new mutants”. That’s why Hickman made a cap on more new mutants, that’s why they are perpetually lost in the shuffle in the books and probably will be for a very long time.

There are so many better villains they could use though

Daken
    Lady Mastermind
    Frenzy
    Silver Samurai
    Omega Red
    Emplate
    Tarot
    Catseye
    Roulette

Hell I'd even take Vulcan

BANNED

Nah. I'm p thrilled they're using Nanny and Peter. I've wanted them back forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Daken
    Lady Mastermind
    Frenzy
    Silver Samurai
    Omega Red
    Emplate
    Tarot
    Catseye
    Roulette

Nanny is more relevant and necessary than all of these characters.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna take a hard pass on this one. The team just doesn't have any likeable people on it.
    So you already hate the run before it starts?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So you already hate the run before it starts?
    I don't understand this logic either.

@PsychoEFrost
    What is more important for you, the characters or the story?
    So you would prefer a terrible story with your fave character in (let's say... IvX) to an incredible story that doesn't have your fave character in?

It's people like you that are the reason District X, X-Factor Investigations, Legion Legacy etc got cancelled

Daken
    Lady Mastermind
    Frenzy
    Silver Samurai
    Omega Red
    Emplate
    Tarot
    Catseye
    Roulette

I agree 100% with this, it'd be a much better cast I'd love to read about! We have these villains and then they chose that cast for Hellions...unbelievable. I want a book with new and unique characters, but better decisions too... There are a lot of C-D list characters people wanted back. Maybe use them, not characters that no one cares about. They could've made the team much more interesting :/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I agree 100% with this, it'd be a much better cast I'd love to read about! We have these villains and then they chose that cast for Hellions...unbelievable. I want a book with new and unique characters, but better decisions too... There are a lot of C-D list characters people wanted back. Maybe use them, not characters that no one cares about. They could've made the team much more interesting :/
    And just as some won't read/be interested in the cast already chosen...you can be sure there are those who won't be interested in the cast you (and everyone else complaining about the cast and coming up with their own) would have chosen if you were writing this book.
    Wish lists are just that...full of wishes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And just as some won't read/be interested in the cast already chosen...you can be sure there are those who won't be interested in the cast you (and everyone else complaining about the cast and coming up with their own) would have chosen if you were writing this book.
    Wish lists are just that...full of wishes.
    Maybe you haven't read my post entirely because you'd have seen that I wasn't talking about my wishes only when I expressed my problem with the chosen roster. My wishes matter only to me, that's just my personal opinion, I don't expect people to want the things I want. The characters people listing are just examples too.

Daken
    Lady Mastermind
    Frenzy
    Silver Samurai
    Omega Red
    Emplate
    Tarot
    Catseye
    Roulette

A team with these characters would be am-az-ing. I'm still thrilled to see where this book is going though.

As for the New X-Men kids, I think Marvel feels like Irma Cuckoo about them.

IMG_20191208_154358.jpg

Which is kind of a shame because some of them are pretty cool. I think that an X-Men Legacy type of book would be great in the context of Krakoa (one main character like Rogue or Xavier and a rotating supporting cast) because it could cover a lot of unseen dynamics on the Island like it did during the Utopia era.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You don't make 63 issues on 10 sales.

People are fed up with hearing it's all about sales-when the folks who gave you sales are the main ones not being used. Meanwhile guys no one wants to read about, creator's pets or whatever keep getting shots galore.

Generation X & XMA kids SOLD-yet they cant sniff another series with the proper roster.

Meanwhile what volume are we on with Moon Knight or Carol Danvers?
    Why are guys who were collecting dust getting a series?
    Or we see the mess that we see at DC-50 Batman books at the expense of others.

Then when sales get bad-suddenly we see lectures about who is a fan or not. Like we saw with Hal Jordan & TGLC-sales were not good and Hal fans went after John Stewart fans-who went buying the book. If the company makes it clear who they value-expect lower sales.
    So much truth to this post, and it gets right to the true issue that a few folks keep trying to obscure. The OG creator kept things interesting by mixing it up and continuing to introduce new characters and ideas, solid writing was mantra that undergirded their execution. There's a reason why Hickman was needed in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    New X-Men had 46 issues, then it was relaunched (a sign it wasn’t selling well anymore) and ended after 12 issues, a sign that the relaunch didn’t work. So the pictures is quite different than the one you are painting. We could say they stopped being successful 12 years ago, or that they have been successful for around 3 years before the first decline, and these would be two factual statements.
    New X-Men outsold Superman and Action Comics even before the Messiah Complex bump.

Young X-Men did sell like **** though, and instead of blaming the writer, Marvel blamed it on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    New X-Men outsold Superman and Action Comics even before the Messiah Complex bump.

Young X-Men did sell like **** though, and instead of blaming the writer, Marvel blamed it on the property.
    Young X-Men was a disgrace. The whole Donald Pierce thing was amazingly dumb and convoluted.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm glad so many people are pissed about this book.

First of all how many "morally ambiguous" type books will there be? X-Force clearly was meant to be THE book for that but then Fallen Angels was also sort of. Marauders about halfway is.

Now this Hellions thing... I was hoping desperately for something like Acolytes with actually good characters in it but instead this. Just a waste

/rant
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY