Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Might Gai (Naruto) VS All Might (My Hero Academia)

I'm curious, especially with the new DB coming up, who would win this fight.

Please do not bring up DB's analysis or results.

If this is a stomp, my apologies. I have seen very, very little Naruto after Shippuden started and basically only saw clips here and there. And I've seen next to no Academia.

Bonus : who is the more motivating "Sensei"?

Last edited by Kuro; 12-06-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Gai takes it pretty easily. The power and speed curve of Naruto is quite a bit steeper than that of MHA and Gai is fairly up there.

Especially if he open all his gates. But then he dies soon afterwards.

Although All Might's punching power can get quite ridiculous I'm pretty sure Gai's speed edge gives him the win here.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 12-07-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, All Might hasn't got speed feats in the same timezone as Gai when he gets moving. Blitz, all day every day.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Also, Gai's by far the superior teacher since All Might is explicitly kinda bad at teaching in addition to being brand new at it. As for motivation, they seem to be about even, though All Might generally comes across as less creepy, if only marginally.

Incredible Member

Problem is we never really got to see All Might in his Prime. He's just not that dude anymore.
    Last edited by JohnDiggle; 12-07-2019 at 11:26 PM.

What's Base Guy's speed?

How fast can he access the gates, because All Might is insanely fast. Supersonic. If Guy starts with gates open then he stops but at base and needing time to do it?

I think All Might has a shot.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

What are All Might's feats for supersonic reflexes? I can't think of anything putting him into that range. Best I can remember is more along the lines of disappearing/afterimage level speed.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    What are All Might's feats for supersonic reflexes? I can't think of anything putting him into that range. Best I can remember is more along the lines of disappearing/afterimage level speed.
    He and AfO are faster than the folding ninja guy who can unfold at the speed of sound. He also clears hundreds of feet in like half a second before the nomu fight in the anime. In the manga it happens over a single panel. His limbs move faster than sound constantly (allowing him to kick off air to propel himself). I very much doubt he can lose track of where his fists go.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

That being said, Curse Seal Level 1 Sasuke was explicitly faster than Dosu's sound attacks during the first half of the Chuunin Exam, and ISTR that base Gai was one of the guys that were shown to be able to just casually blitz people on that tier, though I may be misremembering this.

Also, I seem to recall that he and Kakashi didn't have any trouble keeping an eye on Rock Lee when he opened up the 1st Gate and started moving fast enough to blitzstomp Gaara during the Chuunin Exam (except when he explicitly stopped looking at Rock for a moment due to his emotions).

Gai blitzed Sharigan (1 tomó) Sasuke before the exams began. He was looking specifically at Gai and then lost track of o him

I would go up to 4 or 5 gate Rock Lee (the one making the Sonic booms against Gaara) before I find a conclusive supersonic speedster in Naruto that measures up. Depends on how base Gai measures up gated up Rock Lee. He'll have a fraction of a second to respond before All Might clears the starting distance. If he can instantly unlock a ton of the gates he has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Gai blitzed Sharigan (1 tomó) Sasuke before the exams began. He was looking specifically at Gai and then lost track of o him
    Pretty sure that was Lee.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pretty sure that was Lee.
    naw, it was gai. he was looking right at him as he was talking. then he was gone and right in sasuke's face.

Extraordinary Member

When Sasuke fought Lee he used the Sharingan and still got blitzed, though he was expecting the attack to be ninjutsu or genjutsu and got clobbered.

Right after that Gai zipped from one end of the room to behind team seven without any of them noticing. From what I can see Sasuke does not have the sharingan activated there.

Also, I know we like to bash Sasuke around here but Lee was kind of jerk for using a forbidden super dangerous technique during what was basically a impromptu sparring match.

Astonishing Member

Anybody who clobbers that total piece of ... , Sasuke is ok with me. One thing I hate about Naruto is and was the endless Sasuke love.