Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
I'm gonna say Jobbertooth as well. Because Wolverine does not see him as an "arch foe", some much as a repeated annoyance. And that's exactly how he's written. Logan doesn't fear or worry about him. Any so-called "rivalry" they have is just one-sided hating on on Jobber's part. And one-sided beat downs on Logan's part.

Hell, i'll go so far as to say Jobbertooth doesn't even deserve his alias anymore. Give the name "Sabretooth" to someone who's actually strong.
Sabretooth is poised for a big role in HOX/POX and currently he seems intent on hating all of Krakoa, rather than just Logan.

When it's so one-sided, arch nemesis doesn't seem to fit, so much as "pest."
Claremont really did want Sabretooth to be Wolverine's Arch-Enemy and he saw Sabretooth as Wolverine's superior and maybe Logan's true Dad or whatnot. The thing is that never entirely went into the comics because Wolverine broke out and became a big star, and Sabretooth, editors agreed just didn't seem to make sense as an arch-enemy for a character that was becoming so big. He was a one-dimensional thug when originally written and aside from being really really strong (which again so is the Hulk, Wendigo and others Logan tussled with) offer anything.

Wolverine in general works without having an arch-enemy. As the tagline of Logan goes, "Nature made me a freak, Man made me a weapon, God made it last all too long". At different moments many different characters have gotten in his face far more than Sabertooth ever did. Magneto ripped his skeleton out, Apocalypse made him a Horseman, and in DOFP a Sentinel fries him, and the one time he hit on Spider-Man's wife, Peter Parker hurled him out of the top floor of Stark Tower.