Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Superman

Default Team Superman

In the comics Superman has sometime shad his own super-team aside from the JL.

So who would you guys consider to be part of Team Superman? Obviously there's quite a lot of Bat family members. But how many characters would there be for an equivalent team of Superman?

If we're allowed to consider all possible candidates, Team Superman should include; Supergirl, Steel (John Henry Irons), Power Girl, Superboy (Conner Kent), Krypto, Kenan Kong and Lana Lang (Superwoman) Prior to Bendis, Jon would be too young to be included and although Eradicator was basically the Red Hood of the Superman Family in the Post Crisis universe, I prefer him as a villain following Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    If we're allowed to consider all possible candidates, Team Superman should include; Supergirl, Steel (John Henry Irons), Power Girl, Superboy (Conner Kent), Krypto, Kenan Kong and Lana Lang (Superwoman) Prior to Bendis, Jon would be too young to be included and although Eradicator was basically the Red Hood of the Superman Family in the Post Crisis universe, I prefer him as a villain following Rebirth.
    Well, Superman has on multiple occasions attempted to recruit villains. It's something he's successfully done a few times too!
    Livewire_New_Costume.jpg
    So it doesn't really have to be limited to people who are traditionally allies as long as there's an explanation for why the character in question is helping Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

My superman team
    Big brother conner, Kid jon, Baka and krypto. These 4 are an item for jon's protection.
    Draaga or lobo for some personality.
    Byakko and gunshin
    John henry with powers like generator rex but caused by alien microorganism that host his body. And he eats metal.
    Kara
    Subject17
    Traci 13
    Guardian

Powergirl shouldn't be part of superman team. She is older and should be treated like separate superhero equal to clark.mon el goes to the future.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-18-2019 at 12:36 AM.

If they do try to make a legit full-on Superfam team:

Superman - team leader

Supergirl - Kara Zor-El
    Superboy - Jon S. Kent
    Krypto
    Power Girl - Karen Starr a
    Mon-El - Lar Gand
    Superwoman - Lana Lang
    Steel - John Henry Irons
    Conner
    Red Super-Man - Keenan Kong
    Bizarro - RHATO version only
    Traci 13
    Lois Lane (basically in the Alfred role in terms of backup)

Huh, look at that: Supes has his 12 "disciples". Only problem is, I can't imagine what sort of issue (short of a genuine Crisis) would require all 13 trying at their best to resolve.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

An underrated aspect of Superman to me is his pulp age ability to network with the extra normal. The idea that Superman can employ assistance from Susie Tompkins, Captain Strong, SCU, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, the Guardian, Steel, JL China, etc. I actually kinda miss Strong, the Alpha Centurion, and Wave Rider the most as recurring understudy type heroes.

Story wise recruitment allows for good management of story. You have a large group to break down per story. At one point he had five weekly titles and it was easy to feature dozens of Superman affiliates.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    An underrated aspect of Superman to me is his pulp age ability to network with the extra normal. The idea that Superman can employ assistance from Susie Tompkins, Captain Strong, SCU, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, the Guardian, Steel, JL China, etc. I actually kinda miss Strong, the Alpha Centurion, and Wave Rider the most as recurring understudy type heroes.

Story wise recruitment allows for good management of story. You have a large group to break down per story. At one point he had five weekly titles and it was easy to feature dozens of Superman affiliates.
    "Oh!Captain strong, how could i ever forget you?" Bibbo bibbowski v captain strong :dawn of seaweed.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    "Oh!Captain strong, how could i ever forget you?" Bibbo bibbowski v captain strong :dawn of seaweed.
    I'd watch it!!

This feels basically like the Superman family thread so I'm going to approach this from the angle that Clark's not just facing a big villain or a team of bad guys, but is facing down something so massive it requires a stupidly huge number of people to oppose. This isn't a super hero fight, this is a war. I'm also assuming the League isn't an option for whatever reason. Of course, given the scope I'm trying to work with you could include the League too and barely notice.

So I'm going with....

Supergirl. Clark would feel guilty about putting her in danger but he recognizes that she's capable.

Zod. He's Clark's equal in every way....except he's better at fighting and waging war. Kara and Zod would be Clark's wing men and accompany him on whatever missions Clark's undertaking. And if Zod's New Krypton colony is up and running, that means he might have several more Kryptonians to bring to the party.

Maxima. She's physically powerful as well as being a high-level psychic. More importantly, she rules Almerac; a huge space empire built on contest and conquest, similar to ancient Rome. That's some serious firepower equal to any other single military force in the universe except, arguably, Thanagar. Maxima's got her own agenda and priorities but a threat bigger than Superman would definitely make her an ally (just like it did with Imperiex). And if I get to use my head canon, bringing in Maxima would also bring her new husband Vartox!

Kal Kent; Superman of the 853rd century. He's more powerful than Clark and has access to a huge force of super humans from the deep future. And I believe Kal is a member of the Superman Squadron too, which means he can also call in hundreds of Supermen and women from across space-time, and some of those Supers are sentient galaxies and living ideas. Honestly, the Squadron alone is enough to tackle almost any threat that we've ever seen in a DC comic.

Valor/Mon-El. He's as powerful as Clark and has access to a large force of super humans from the future. Granted, the current version of the Legion might throw this inclusion into question, but I feel like if nothing else Clark could ask Jon to make a phone call for him.

Calvin Ellis, President Superman. This guy protects the multiverse with Justice Incarnate, so once again there's a large superhuman force to recruit. But also, President Superman can call in Nix Uotan, last of the Monitor race and multiversal Super Judge. That's some serious muscle.

Nightwing. Wait, what? Why is a cosmic army like this recruiting a former sidekick with no powers? The answer is simple. An operation big enough for Clark to need all these people is going to need someone to oversee and organize it while all these crazy powerful beings are fighting and going on their specific missions. And there's no better leader in the DCU than Dick Grayson. Dick's got plenty of experience with huge cosmic threats and Clark trusts him more than almost anyone else in the world. If someone has to direct this Super army, Clark's gonna want Nightwing to do it. Plus, if Clark needs stealth for something, Dick's not a poor choice.

Steel. Like Nightwing, John Henry Irons can't hold a candle to the raw power the other guys can put out. But John would make a fantastic second in command for Dick, and Clark trusts Dr. Irons. Plus, imagine the armor John could create using Almeraci, Monitor, and future tech!

I think this lineup would probably be able to defeat any threat. You've got, if everyone calls all their friends, at least a hundred or more high level, Omega type superhumans, maybe double that number in low-to-mid level superhumans, a large and powerful army numbering anywhere from the hundreds of thousands to millions in Almerac's military forces, a full blooded Monitor, and a couple extremely smart and capable people to lead them all from a command post.

And if things get really out of hand? Clark can always call Orion and the New Gods. They might answer the call (they've done it before).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

For a minute there, I thought this was about the short lived late 90's "Supermen of America" who I'd mis-remembered as being called Team Superman.

...trying to find anything about SoA (without the name/s) in 2019 was pretty tough. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Superman - team leader

Supergirl - Kara Zor-El
    Superboy - Jon S. Kent
    Krypto
    Mon-El - Lar Gand
    Superwoman - Lana Lang
    Steel - John Henry Irons
    Conner
    Traci 13

Huh, look at that: Supes has his 12 "disciples". Only problem is, I can't imagine what sort of issue (short of a genuine Crisis) would require all 13 trying at their best to resolve.
    Ignore my previous post, this is my ideal Team Superman roster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    For a minute there, I thought this was about the short lived late 90's "Supermen of America" who I'd mis-remembered as being called Team Superman.

...trying to find anything about SoA (without the name/s) in 2019 was pretty tough. Lol.
    There was a real 'Team Superman' in that era, composed of Steel, Conner, and Linda Danvers. There was a one-shot about them in 1999 titled 'Team Superman.' That will always be my definitive Team Superman/ The 'Supermen of America' of that era was a team created by Luthor as a publicity stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There was a real 'Team Superman' in that era, composed of Steel, Conner, and Linda Danvers. There was a one-shot about them in 1999 titled 'Team Superman.' That will always be my definitive Team Superman/ The 'Supermen of America' of that era was a team created by Luthor as a publicity stunt.
    There was also one created by Superman whose members were Kara Zor-El, Conner Kent, John Henry Irons, Super Chief, Iron Munro, and Leslie Willis. (yes, Livewire, THAT Leslie Willis, see previously posted pic)
    Supermen_of_America_II.jpg
    Which is kinda the reason I created this, I wanted to see which characters people thought would be good to have on a team like that.

If the Superman family was to work together more often like the Bat and Flash families, then the following heroes should be involved:

Superman (Clark)
    Super-Man (Kenan)
    Superboy (Conner)
    Superboy (Jon)
    Supergirl (Kara)
    Steel (John Henry Irons)
    Steel (Natasha Irons)
    Krypto

Lois Lane, Lana Lang, and Kathy Branden (Beacon - Jon's friend from Rebirth) would serve as a support team. Kathy's extraterrestrial technology could be handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Superman - team leader

Supergirl - Kara Zor-El
    Superboy - Jon S. Kent
    Krypto
    Mon-El - Lar Gand
    Superwoman - Lana Lang
    Steel - John Henry Irons
    Conner
    Traci 13

You do realise that Lana lost her powers when her book was cancelled, right?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-20-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If the Superman family was to work together more often like the Bat and Flash families, then the following heroes should be involved:

Superman (Clark)
    Super-Man (Kenan)
    Superboy (Conner)
    Superboy (Jon)
    Supergirl (Kara)
    Steel (John Henry Irons)
    Steel (Natasha Irons)
    Krypto

Lois Lane, Lana Lang, and Kathy Branden (Beacon - Jon's friend from Rebirth) would serve as a support team. Kathy's extraterrestrial technology could be handy.

You do realise that Lana lost her powers when her book was cancelled, right?

Yes, I do. But that fact is utterly irrelevant.

This is comics, where absolutely nothing need be permanent. She can always regain those powers and costumes on a writer's whim.

Not likely, considering that the reason they depowered her is that her origin no longer made sense. The death of New 52 Superman is how she got empowered - but in current continuity, that never happened, meaning she had powers for no reason. Superman Reborn totally derailed her book as the very existence of Superwoman was now nonsensical. They don't want to remind us of that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman