Page 136 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2791
    Ultimate Member

I have to say I like how Eclipso ran off on all fours, which really amped up the creep factor. They really conveyed inhuman demon with him.

Also thought it was a great episode. I shed no tears for lssac or Cindy, who deserved it. But l see Cindy meeting Midnite in the dark world.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-15-2021 at 06:23 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm curious where Artemis goes from here. Continue on the villain path? Get back on track and go for the sports scholarship or maybe try to join the JSA?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I would like to see the JSA fight as a team, but that will perhaps come in time
    I think that they did fight as a team this episode though? Sure, they each kind of had their own foe, as is standard in team vs team fights, but the JSA still helped each other out - Hourman shielding Mid-Nite, Stargirl blasting ISA when her teammates needed it, Hourman giving Wild Cat a push propelling her at Cindy. Teamwork was on definite display here. Not as much as if the team was against a solo villain perhaps, but enough for a team vs team definitely.

Seriously, does new Sportsmaster (because Artemis is clearly doing her dad's schtick more than her mom's) have super strength or something? Because otherwise no way she can just throw down with Hourman like that. Range game sure, but not cqc like that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think that they did fight as a team this episode though? Sure, they each kind of had their own foe, as is standard in team vs team fights, but the JSA still helped each other out - Hourman shielding Mid-Nite, Stargirl blasting ISA when her teammates needed it, Hourman giving Wild Cat a push propelling her at Cindy. Teamwork was on definite display here. Not as much as if the team was against a solo villain perhaps, but enough for a team vs team definitely.

Seriously, does new Sportsmaster (because Artemis is clearly doing her dad's schtick more than her mom's) have super strength or something? Because otherwise no way she can just throw down with Hourman like that. Range game sure, but not cqc like that.
    She's definitely a meta. There's no way she can shrug off all the damage she took in the bathroom if she wasn't superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She's definitely a meta. There's no way she can shrug off all the damage she took in the bathroom if she wasn't superhuman.
    Right? That's what I was thinking. I mean, it's ridiculous how far she can throw a football or how she handles baseballs, clearly superhuman, but if the show creators want to say that's just comic book peak human, I could grudgingly accept it, but fighting Rick/Hourman with his level of superstrength in a h2h fight like that? No, she's definitely meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Also thought it was a great episode. I shed no tears for lssac or Cindy, who deserved it. But l see Cindy meeting Midnite in the dark world.
    I think so as well. Cindy got sucked into a pool of darkness, far different from how violin-kid died. And they chose to emphasize how the Shade gets his powers from the same well as Eclipso. (or however they phrased it) Maybe that's where the Shade went to recuperate as well? (how about tying it to the Dreaming? I really want to see Wesley Dodds Sandman in this show...)

Btw, does this town not have any police?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think so as well. Cindy got sucked into a pool of darkness, far different from how violin-kid died. And they chose to emphasize how the Shade gets his powers from the same well as Eclipso. (or however they phrased it) Maybe that's where the Shade went to recuperate as well? (how about tying it to the Dreaming? I really want to see Wesley Dodds Sandman in this show...)

Btw, does this town not have any police?
    Why would they need police?
    It's a small country town and they have 4 super heroes.

Seriously though given the town was pretty much run by supervillains (councillor Wizard, gambler and Icicle running the local community group, Brainwave the hospital, Vertuoso the school) I could understand the town not having cops

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    It was really a tremendous episode. It wasn't just the action. It had
    a flow, that the previous episodes had been missing.

That Hourman fight man. I wouldn't want to fight Rick in a bar is all
    I am saying. I wish someone had taken that violin at the end then smashed
    it into a million pieces. Eclipso was tremendous, which was only the way it should be.
    I still haven't figured whether or not Shade is being made into the anti-hero piece here,
    his motivation is unclear.

It was nice to see the family gathering around Pat at the end. Mike and Pat even
    had a sweet moment.

I would like to see the JSA fight as a team, but that will perhaps come in time. Mid-nite
    seemed to be lost during her confrontation. But she has had a hard time lately. She should
    be improved in terms of her fighting abilities. She is the one of the group that seems a definite
    step behind. I love her as a person, but more could do be done with her.
    What do you mean? They've been fighting as a team since the penultimate episode of season 1

Incredible Member

I get where people are coming from on the team dynamics. I just would have liked to see them do
    more helping of one another. Some have cited examples I missed while watching the episode the first time.

I still wish we would see them practicing together, but that may just be me.

Regarding the police. The smaller the community the less the number of police. Blue Valley as a pretty
    rural place, it wouldn't be a shock that they have limited numbers of cops. For a lot of these communities
    it can seem a waste of money to spend on a police force that does very little. If something major breaks
    they can always call in the state police.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Why would they need police?
    It's a small country town and they have 4 super heroes.

Seriously though given the town was pretty much run by supervillains (councillor Wizard, gambler and Icicle running the local community group, Brainwave the hospital, Vertuoso the school) I could understand the town not having cops
    Every town has cops

It's just that the battles have been in isolated places without randos calling the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Every town has cops

It's just that the battles have been in isolated places without randos calling the cops.
    This. I live in a small, rural town that honestly makes Blue Valley feel like a mid-level city in comparison frankly, and we have cops.

Astonishing Member

I liked this episode quite a bit. I think things are ramping up for this season and I feel the stakes have been elevated. Pretty stoked for what comes next.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I wasn't liking this season as much as the previous one, but man oh man, this episode knocked out of the park. The best of this series so far.

Now i get why they were taking things slow in the first 5 episodes.
    Great episode!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

On another note, I guess we won't see STRIPE in action anytime soon. Maybe for the season finale - and is Mike getting some kind of armor?? Pat might not be in shape to build him one - makes me wonder what that mechanic guy would come up with.